Charmed

The Torn Identity

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 23, 2006 on The WB

• listen charmed fans!

Don\'t forget to watch charmed all the episodes only 4 left after this one, let\'s give this show a decent goodbye, charmed has giving us a lot over this 8 years it\'s up to us now to increase the ratings please charmed fans all over the USA watch charmed !!

the ratings speak!!
  • good enough for its charm

honestly, im a late charmed fan. i only started watchin from season 7, but i managed to watch the earlier episodes from downloads, and i love this show. but what are they doing this season. its not bad enough that brad left the scene to direct, but i am getting tired of billie and chrissy, or whatever her name. how many times did they have to repeat themselves. oh we must look for my sister, we must avenge my family, the charmed ones are only using us. i sure love the dedication of billie after they trained her and helped her out. she wanted so much to take care of the magic but all of a sudden oh my sister got hurt so ya evil. i dont buy that, and the only reason that it got such a high score, is that charmed has an irresistible charm that even through all this sister crap, ya still got to like it, from paige marriage problems to coop falling in love with phoebe. i agree wit the reviewer above me as it should go out on a good note and with only several episodes left, i hope i can say goodbye wit a smile and not smile that its gone
  • I have always loved charmed and this show shows the actors professionalism. They have always been great actors.

The cast is great and billie turning to her sister was a little open to how she changed her attitude. Somehow she does not help the show quite as much as Leo. The plot though is very well planned. Christy being bad is brought out in the show. Christy and billie going against the charmed ones is a good idea. The show is progressing well towards the final episode. Too bad!! Coop should have came out and told Phoebe that it was him. Paige being put into Jason's body was good because it shows that when problems are around you should stand in someone elses shoes. Great job.
  • Paige and Piper find The demon who they believe that can help with the utilmate power but before they can interograte him cristy interupes and gets blasted by Piper. Also coop helps Pheobe with her love problem. The girls figure out who the utilmate powe

This episode was the best of the whole season so far. I liked that Piper did shy away from a meddlesome cristy by blasting her because she messed things up. I now don't like her after turning on the girls. After all they have done for billie she turns her back on them. I really hate cristy she has got to go. I knew she was evil from the momment she showed up. I knew she was offically evil in this one killing a demon that the girls and demons needed. I hope that the girls get rid of cristy. Once cristy gone maybe bille can stay. But, one of the jenkins girls has got go. If they are the utilmate power I hope the girls kick there but and they are gone forever and leo can come back.
  • A real witch with a capital \"B\". Two self centered witches betray the only creatures that has been nice to them...go figure.

7.7
    Am I the only one that can\'t stand Billie? From the very beginning her only concern has been about herself...HER powers...and then her obsession with HER sister (never mind finding Leo)...and yet Christy some how manages to convince her that it\'s \"bad\" for Piper to think about HER husband and HER family...I would think that being selfish was normal for those two witches. --And Billie doesn\'t even have the excuse that she was kidnapped by demons!

Oh and one more thing...if I have to listen to Billie say one more time that she \"cares\" about Leo too but...I\'m going to scream!

• This was a good episode that sets up the sereis for the final.

Overall, I was very pleased with this episode.

I was disappointed that Billie was so easily swayed from the sister's alliance. Billie just completely turned her back on the sister's even though they have been there to help and support her through out her quest to find Christy and to learn how to become a witch. This episode start laying the groundwork for the final battle between the two sets of sisters.

I am becoming more interesting in the relationship developing between Phoebe and Coop. They do make a great couple. I really thought she was playing with him when she was talking about Michael and after he left, you could see that his leaving had an impact on her. It will only take one date with Michael for her to realize it was all Coop.

I loved the adjustment Paige and Henry were going through and that Coop helped out.
  • Paige has trouble being a witch and married at the same time so coop devises a way for her and Henry to work out their issues. Pheobe realized that she wannts to stick to mortals rather than magical men and the charmed ones realize Billy is the untimate p

Finally a good episode. ever since this season has started this show has been going down. But finally this episode makes up for the horrible ones before it. this episode makes me love the charmed ones as we see that it is once again about the three it should have always been about. i missed the power of three and that power of three plus Billy was gettig annoying. I can't wait to see how they will get Billy away from her sister's influence especially since Christy can read their thoughts and can now be on step ahead of them. Great episode...hope all the rest are as good.
  • Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves!!

5.3
    Following on from the train wreck which was Generation Hex, I was hardly excited about this new episode. Thankfully, it wasn't all bad, with a main storyline that had some intriguing twists and turns.

The Torn Identity sees Billie torn between the Charmed Ones and her sister Christy, who is unknowingly trying to lure her to the dark side, get her to abandon the Halliwells and kill the last surviving Marti Noxon demon before the three sisters do. Meanwhile, Phoebe falls for a mortal and Paige goes inside Henry's body. For some reason.

Christy is easily becoming a really awesome character. Her manipulation of everybody around her is well written and this whole storyline just continues to prove how dumb Billie is. She's happy to believe everything her sister, who looked way too clean and perfect after being saved from her 15-year-long prison in the underworld to be non-evil, over the Charmed Ones, who have befriended her, mentored her and treated her like one of their own. Whatever!

The basic story did drag slightly but I loved how Piper really unleashed all her anger and all her powers on an unsuspecting audience, easily becoming the highlight of the episode.

Billie's actions weren't needed. She turned on the sisters way too quickly and the fact that Billie blames Piper's determination to save Leo on the death of her parents really annoyed me. She's being completely hypocritical, to say the least, since all she could think about earlier this season was finding Christy, being prepared to push everything aside to find her sister.

Paige's subplot was a complete waste of time and it almost feels as if the writers are struggling to give her and Henry stuff to do. If she's worried about her marriage, why did she accept Henry's proposal? Without even thinking about her post-marriage existence? Rose also annoyed me in this episode, in particular the opening scene, where she was jumping around and flailing about like a monkey on crack. Please don't let the seizure out of its cage in the remaining episodes! Please, Rose, please!

Phoebe's pointless storyline continues to grate, with both she and Coop being given some unbelievably corny lines. We've seen this type of storyline so many times in Charmed history and this current remake doesn't end up doing anything except force me to reach for a sick bucket.

Despite being a hell of a lot better than the disaster that was Generation Hex, The Torn Identity was barely perfect, with some moronic subplots and a dragging principal storyline. Despite that, it does set up some interesting stories to explore in the final four episodes.

Director: LeVar Burton
    Writer: Andy Reaser
    Rating: C
  • While trying to interrogate a noxon demon, Piper attacks Christy which changes everything. Also two subplots which were only there as a filler or comedic relief

I thought this episode was one of the best episodes Charmed has had in a while. Piper attacked Christy (the b**ch) so she wouldnt vanquish the Noxon demon that the Charmed ones were trying to interrogate. This caused Christy to convince Billie that the Charmed ones were just using her.
    Billie is no longer on their side! I thought this main storyline was pivitol for the series and also very well done.

The other storylines weren't as interesting. Paige and Henry's storyline was the comedic relief and Phoebe's storyline was the love/shipper part.

Overall, if you like Charmed but have been disappointed in a few of the past episodes, this one is worth watching.
  • Amazing, simply amazing, exactly why I watch this series, some shocking moments, just amazing.... great episode, great writing, just great

This episode was great from the beginning to the end, the confrontation between Piper and Christy, the way Billie turned against the Charmd Ones, the relationship between Phoebe and Coop, and Paige and Henry, this episode is evidence that we are gonna get a great finale after all.

The episode was well written, the acting was great too, and i felt something that i hadnt feltt in a while watching a Charmed episode... suspense!!!... intrigue!!!!....

Just a great episode... i hoope they keep it up
  • Billie and Christy become one power. The Charmed Ones figure out the truth of who is after them and the blow is very shocking. Let the ultimate battle begin.

That was one spectacular episode episode. The drama and darkness was just amazing. The storm is brewing quickly and the outcome is going to be disastrous.

Piper: Im loving the piper they are writing these days. She is so confident and powerful. Really is quite a change for her. Once again she is taking the lead in finding and fighting the demons. She is really tired of waiting around for the ultimate power and she is taking control. Her reaction at the end wasnt a shock, I dont blame her for wanting to take the aggressive route but its a bit rushed for her to go against billie that quickly, christy not so much.

Phoebe: I really liked her subplot in this episode. Although I wished she would be active in finding the demons rather then just waiting for a call from her sisters to get her butt over there. Coop is just perfect for her. Im pretty sure she knows it, she just cant handle another magical being. the ending scene for her was kind of mixed message. I didnt really read anger out of her explanation about billie to Coop it was more shock.

Paige: She is always having this identity thing going on. but atleast these issues are being confronted in the beginning rather then they expand to something larger later on. Coop putting her in henrys body was rather ironic, she lost herself in him,lol. Glad to see ivan back. i loved his reaction to orbing the vial. they are also a cute couple.

Billie and christy: they are finally one being, power, whatever. BOth of them are amazing, especially christy. i love her type of character in any show. manipulation is a big scorer for me. Christy is really gung-ho on revenge, which i dont blame her for but that is a lot of witches achilles heal. Billie is slowly going into her dark roots.

What i liked:
    The arguments between the sisters. i loved the piper and paige vs christy one in the attic. It was really intense and i thought christy was going to attack piper. Im surprised she didnt retaliate in the underworld.

THe plot of billie turning evil is progressing very nicely. Its not fast at all and it seems very natural.

the violent deaths in the episode. the smoke going through the chest and the head exploding were done fantastic. Plus the special effects seem to be getting better.

Didnt like:
    Coop tyring to set phoebe up with the wrong match. Maybe that was his intention. Phoebe will figure out he isnt the poem spewing, romantic guy Coop made him to be.

• COMPLETELY EXCITING

this is clearly one of the best episodes on Charmed, first of all Christy and Billie are getting away from the sisters, and Christy is convincing Billie to go to the dark side, while Coop just doesn't stops butting around trying to take Phoebe out on a date, and Paige discovers that is really difficult to balanced her life as a Charmed One, and that one with a married woman. And I am sure that THAT is difficult, simply great episode.
  • Kill them two already!

I will be so glad when Billie and Christy are gone. They are getting on my nerves and I'm so glad the sisters are finally seeing who they really are. I thought the part with Paige entering Henry's mind was really funny and neat. I wish Coop would tell Phoebe how he really feels and he got so close in this episode. It was so sweet how romantic he was. I'll be so happy when Leo returns and them Jenkins girls are dead!
    All together, this was one of the best of this season.
  • Billie and Christy are the ultimate power.

I'm sorry, but I can't see Billie going against the Charmed ones. It just seemed forced in this episode. After all that she's been through with the sisters, and all she's put them through, you'd think they'd have a better understanding. I just felt it was crap. I expect a much better storyline from the creators. I hope they bring this show out with a bang, it deserves it. The end of last season felt much more complete than this season is feeling, I don't get the whole Billie going bad angle. It doesn't make sense. Billie and the Charmed ones should be together.
  • Christy and Billie finally revealed in the ultimate power.

I actually thought this epsisode would be really bad from what the previews on The WB shows. I thougth it would just be the whole thing with Paige and Henry, and I even thougth that would be silly. But that part was funny and well written. Also I am glad they finally started to wind down the storyline with Billie and Christy as the Ultimate Power. It is really starting to get exciting, although I wish that the show would have ended in season 7, just because I always thought it was the perfect ending. But I am still glad they kept it on for one more season. Overall, very revealing good episode!
  • I LOVED this episode !! More than the last!! Wohooo Gooo PIPER!!

Yes finally they show the turn around where its the CHARMED ONES vs. Christy and Billie!

Lately I felt the Charmed Ones were not as powerful as they used to be...Of course trying to lead normal lives means they dont find as many demons BUT STILL..

Anyway I hope this means there will be more ACTION...

I Loved The ending where Piper was hoping it wasnt "Too Late"!
  • really great episode although i cant really say WOOOW and dont click disagreed after u read my review unless u a hater ! u cant deny this episode was better then last week episode ! and it has some great stuff in this episode ! =) read full review inside.

hmm i cant say really woow at this episode , although its definitely improvement from last week episode and one of the best in this season...

Phoebe - u look awesome in this episode , the best actually from your last episode look... i love your look in the apartment when u with all that laptop , and your glasses ! haha classic ! kinda remind me of her look in season 2 ! really fabulous ! i love her scene with Coop , i dont understand why many of Charmed fans didnt like her scene ! its really romantic , and the last scene was so cute , a bit corny and sad with Coop ! why in the hell the writer do not give her Empathy power back ? that way she could read Coop mind ! stupid !

Piper - woaahahaha , u good ! blow her up ! i wish she would blow Billie though then Christy ! i think she does a bit selfish in this episode , she doesnt know yet that Christy evil ! so why she blowed her ? she cant really do that although she doesnt have choice... did we ever seen she blow up an innocent ?! nop right ? look like Piper already knew her evil but its not... and finally u used your Freeze power again ! but only 1 part at the last scene =(

Paige - u look so beautiful in this episode , love that dress ! i enjoy your scene though example when at the beginning , with Coop and more... i love when she said to Henry "call that vail" haha :P , that was funny ! i also love the last scene between u and Piper ! thats good and darker

Billie - die b1atch , u need to die ! u so annoying and how come u blamed Piper for your parents death ?! fu^ker

Christy - totally improvement and awesome ! we start to see her FULL evil side... she soo powerful ! she can even read the sister mind when she in the magic school and the sister at the attic... i cant wait to see her in next episode

Henry - he's just okey like always... i love he's scene with Paige inside he's head

Coop - aww he fell in love with Phoebe , u should just tell her ! i want to see he's move in next episode how hes gonna tell Phoebe

Fightscene - i really the both the fightscene in the Underworld when Piper & Paige trying not to vanquished that demon but Christy interupted ! also love the last scene when they face with the Jenkins sister just like the clip.... and woaah the Jenkins sister vanquished that demon which cant be vanquish ! that was powerful ! theres not really other fightscene then these two

and finally we see the girls said some P03 spell again...

great episode overall with good special effects and all but still its not an wooow episode in my opinion but better then last week episode... i hope next week will be great then this though now that we only have 4 more episode =( , i cant wait to see it !

i give this episode 9.5/10

sorry my english dude... dont bother to read if ya didnt understand it
  • Finally the divide between the Charmed ones and Billie and Christie.

7.9
    Well finally some build up, because of the WB promo I was thrown off into thinking that this episode would be about a Paige and Henry body kinda swap but that was actually just a little part of this episode.

Finally the Co's and Billie/Christy get divided, something I have been looking forward to since I heard that she was the ultimate power. I only found Billie's turnover a little quick and they should have done something about that previous episode, but you won't hear me complaining.

This entire episode was great except that I could have done without the Phoebe/Coop scenes because they really bore me, we have seen enough of Phoebes 7 episode love live and everything around that, Phoebes character just stopped being interesting after season 4/5.

I am really looking forward to the next episode.
    If you haven't seen this one already you should do that right away.
  • shocking

7.9
    what the crap just happened. billie knew the charmed ones first and just traded on the for that b@@ch sister of hers. a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a choo .. the end
  • Billie and Christy are more powerful than the charm ones!, finally we haves some action!. the new power of two rulez!

this episode its more interesting than the previous!, Christy finally turn billie against the charmed oness, and we can saw too the power of two!, a pyro and projection power combo!.

Meanwhile piper and paige entertain us with her histories, Phoebe booring uss soo muchh with her love chainss... she is the Samantha Jones of charmed...hehehe

after cole phoebe lost her charm!

i must insist!, the Christy character haves a soo badly development... but still yet is an interesting part of the game now!

the episodes are improving a lot coming nearly the final straight line!

greetings!!
  • The Halliwell sisters find out that they need to find this demon that killed the Billie and Christy's parents, but they also know that someone may be the very one that is the final battle. Meanwhile Phoebe and Cupid is trying to get her to date this guy f

Now I thought that this episode was great because now I know that the sisters feel betrayed that someone that they taught so much is going to be the very one that is going to be the enemy unless they can do something about it. I think that there is going to be a long road ahead of them because Piper is talking about blowing up Billie. I think that this episode was well thought out and well planned. Each sister has their problem but they are going to make sure they don't loose another sister ecspecially to a demon.
  • I really enjoyed this episode this is the best in this season yet!

I am enjoying the Christy Charactor even more now!
    And Coop is a darling! I think he should give up on pheobe and take me instead.
    The paige Henry bit was good also, But i did think there may have been a bit more to the plot by Christy saying something to henry, not realsing that paige was in there.then later lying about it to paige.
  • I loved it!

I loved this episode!!It rocked!!I am really mad though!!I will tell you why if you keep reading on!!
    The first thing in this review i will talk about is Pheobe.As anybody knows I love Pheobe!!Right now I am very mad at her!I am mad at her because Coop is perfect for her!!She is such a dork not to see that he likes her and they are right for each other!!What the elders need to do is turn Coop human so he can woo her!She better get her act togather!!
    Lets see here....Oh yeah!!Pagie!I am glad her and her husbend are not fighting anymore and are happy again!I am glad Pagie was acully on the episode.She was not on the last episode so yeah.
    Piper was preety good in this episode!I don't have much to say about her though.Yet I do have to agree with Billie and Chirsty it's not all about finding Leo.I am all for Leo but still you know!!Also Piper had every right to do that to Chirsty!!Billie needs to get her head out of her BUTT!!I am to mad to talk about Billie and Chirsty so i am not going to!!
    That is good that the girls find out that billie and chirsty are the ultimite power.I am just tring to figure out if they are more powerful then the charmedones.If anyone knows send me a message!Great episode!!I think only 4 more to go.Right?Keep up the work!!
  • For 8 years of developing a show, it is painful to watch it get wound up too quickly, low-budget, and without careful plot developement

I\'ve been with Charmed since the beginning and have loved the character development of the sisters, their love life, their trials/tribulations /triumphs. It stumbled a bit in the middle of its run but COME ON! We\'re moving way too fast here to spend almost an entire episode on flashbacks of Phoebe past loves just to allow her to fall in love w/ Coop! In contrast, we get Christy to turn Billie in almost the blink of an eye - over something that developed far too quickly to be believable! Christy seems more pissed at the sisters than the person actually RESPONSIBLE for killing her parents! Billie\'s grief is only a surface grief and instead she focuses on being mad at Piper? Come ON! This was not very believeable, was not well developed, moved too quick for some things and too slow for other.

I think they are ripping off their fans with these final episodes. They are missing an opportunity to make Charmed something that is watched over and over in reruns - because of its under-welming finish.
  • Creative, Fun and Exciting!!

I don't know how people can say that this storyline is bogus. I think the writers are doing a fantastic job at wrapping up the loose ends and tying up all the storylines. At first I didn't love the new characters, Billie and Christie. However, now that the storyline is culminating into a full out ... GOOD vs EVIL showdown, I'm really enjoying it.

I think the cast is too, at the beginning of the season it seemed as if their acting seemed forced, now it seems natural and lighthearted (unless of course they're mad or some other type of emotion you know ).

It seems as though everyone is doing their best to end the show with a bang, and to me ... I think they're all doing a bang-up job
  • Yeey, a good episode again!!

This episode was really good, it finally leads up to the (i hope) BIG series/season 8 finale

The storyline of Christy and Piper was very well thought out and pretty funny to watch.
    Paige doesn't really act like she likes being a wife, and Phoebe STILL.. has love issues, i mean how can you not see that Coop is into you.. I hope this love storyline wraps up in the next episode cuz it's makin me sick.

I'm glad the sisters finally know who the Ultimate Power is and that they have to vanquish it.
    However, i hope Billie and Christy aren't the Big Bad that the sisters have to battle with, cause that would be a VERY weak way to end one of the greatest shows ever.

• gr8!!!!!!!!!!!!coop>>>>>>so cute!

coop is so cute and hes adorable n sexy!
    gr8 eppy,poor coop lol i lv him hes so hott
    anyways,poor charmed ones wiv billie n christy ganging up on them n threatenin them. the ultimate power has been found :( i fink they ruin the show abit cuz the power of 3 rox n noone is as powerful as them!!!!hope leo comes bak soon!
  • OMG! Now thats what I expect from charmed!

WOW! this episode is even better then the last! The billie & christy storyline has seriously moved forward. I was expecting Billie to fall out with the charmed ones over something silly but the way it was written was great! I am a huge billie and christy fan and I guiltily find myself siding with them! Poor billie is in mourning and the charmed ones go and attack her sister! And we finally have a good phoebe storyline that really makes me want phoebe to find love....hopefully in the arms of Coop! And of course The paige and henry storyline was billiant aswell! They're obviously determined to make their marraige work! Bring on the final battle!
  • Slow start, but great finish.

7.3
    The Billie/Christy – evil story line speeds along a great deal in this episode, and I like the direction of it. Christy keeps developing and the way she manipulates Billie into turning on the sisters is realistically and excitingly made. Although I first was against Billie being the Ultimate power, I’m now starting to accept, and somewhat like it. A big threat is always fun, and Billie and Christy can actually put up a real fight.

Coop’s sub plot on the other hand is completely unoriginal. It’s predictable and badly written, and some of the things he’s made to say just stink of cheese. Phoebe falling in Love with the other guy was probably created to surprise the viewers, but it failed utterly, as anyone could have understood that what would happen. As is it equally clear that Phoebe before the end of this season will realize that Coop is the one she loves. Sometimes I get so frustrated at the writer. Can’t they give us something shocking again?

Then there is the matter of Paige and Henry, which I think was rather cute, even if it was a bit corny. Every newly weds have some issues, and I loved how they worked it out. They are probably the best couple ever on Charmed, and the Chemistry between the two actors is amazing. And I missed Henry in Generation Hex. I also liked the realistic feeling of the fight between Christy and Piper. It was made with care, and it succeeded in making me believe it.

Even though this episode clearly was only created to build things up for the finale, it was quite good. It succeeded in pushing the main story forward, and gave a pretty entertaining hour. And most importantly; the countdown for the finale has started, and the way things look now, I think it’s safe to say that Charmed will go out with an action packed hour.
    All in all, The Torn Identity was average Charmed, with some highlights and some bad points.
  • not a bad episode but it doesn't leave room for character developent, things r moving to quickly.

what i want to say is not really about this episode alone just something i noticed through all of season 8, i just thought i would write it here coz this episode made me notice something about pheobe. what happened to her power of impath, why couldn't she feel how coop felt about her. i assume that she got all her powers back in season 7, what happened, she used to be able to channel other peoples powers against them, that would or might have helped them in season eight.
< 1 2