Charmed

The Torn Identity

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 23, 2006 on The WB

• Slow start, but great finish.

7.3
    The Billie/Christy – evil story line speeds along a great deal in this episode, and I like the direction of it. Christy keeps developing and the way she manipulates Billie into turning on the sisters is realistically and excitingly made. Although I first was against Billie being the Ultimate power, I’m now starting to accept, and somewhat like it. A big threat is always fun, and Billie and Christy can actually put up a real fight.

Coop’s sub plot on the other hand is completely unoriginal. It’s predictable and badly written, and some of the things he’s made to say just stink of cheese. Phoebe falling in Love with the other guy was probably created to surprise the viewers, but it failed utterly, as anyone could have understood that what would happen. As is it equally clear that Phoebe before the end of this season will realize that Coop is the one she loves. Sometimes I get so frustrated at the writer. Can’t they give us something shocking again?

Then there is the matter of Paige and Henry, which I think was rather cute, even if it was a bit corny. Every newly weds have some issues, and I loved how they worked it out. They are probably the best couple ever on Charmed, and the Chemistry between the two actors is amazing. And I missed Henry in Generation Hex. I also liked the realistic feeling of the fight between Christy and Piper. It was made with care, and it succeeded in making me believe it.

Even though this episode clearly was only created to build things up for the finale, it was quite good. It succeeded in pushing the main story forward, and gave a pretty entertaining hour. And most importantly; the countdown for the finale has started, and the way things look now, I think it’s safe to say that Charmed will go out with an action packed hour.
    All in all, The Torn Identity was average Charmed, with some highlights and some bad points.