Charmed

Used Karma

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 25, 2004 on The WB

• Ah it's ok.

So straight off Paige annoyed me. Phoebe doesn't NEED to tell Jason, she can tell him when she wants to and when she's ready and honestly, if this was me I'd rather be told in private so I don't feel pressured to react a certain way because others are around.

This whole karma thing was annoying. I understand karma and think it's an interesting concept but yeah they weren't doing it well. But it was kinda sucky how Jason did find out but they were silly for not thinking Jason might leave his seat.

"every time I hit one more show up" so lets go out there and hit them. And with Phoebe's power, she can tap into their powers but how she controlled the fire balls is kind of annoying, nobody around was telekinetic as far as we're aware.

And Karma doesn't work that way. If I do something wrong then yes I'd get something bad. But just because YOU do something doesn't mean it'll happen to me, and if you do something and die I don't just 'inherit' your karma.

Paige doesn't want to go back to help, Paige is obsessed with Richard and can't trust him, "damn I can't leave him alone" that's a bit psychotic. But when Phoebe says "she can't" to the power of three Paige gives her a bad look.

I completely understood why Jason left Phoebe. He was very much put on the spot and felt lied to and then he feels like his girlfriend/ex is trying to destroy him.. But I also felt for Phoebe, because she was under a spell and it wasn't actually her doing this, but it's kind of hard to explain that to people (not that this show likes to explain things properly to create drama).

Paige judging Richard for using one spell, and not even a bad spell, even though she uses magic for personal gain constantly! But she's acting like Piper last episode with Chris. A potion to help Phoebe might you know be important. She's actually being quite unfair to him. If he wants to do magic that's for him to decide not you. You can ask but not demand and expect.

Chris is their whitelighter but still they always call for Leo and he's always just available instantly. Yeaah because the breakup and him not being around was totally necessary. The show couldn't even get rid of him for half a season.

Paige was doing to Richard what she did to Cole. That no matter what he does with his powers he's bad. Richard gives a potion, hardly anything wrong with that! He saved her, no need to look so annoyed. Yes he looked evil at the end going into the potion room but next episode until he becomes bad all he does is good things with his magic and she thinks 'evil' automatically.
  • Used Karma

Used Karma was a perfect and very entertaining episode of Charmed. I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of character and plot development with all of the characters relationships. It was great to see Piper face her fear of Wyatt's future as well as for Paige to take a position of reservation as Phoebe was out of control under the influence of a Karma from some one else. I liked the way everything played out and certainly look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!
  • Mata Horny

Used Karma-Jason breaks up with Phoebe when he finally learns her and her sisters are really witches. Meanwhile, Richard attempts to free himself of his family's karma, and Piper and Paige try to vanquish a group of Swarm demons, the last on Chris' list of the most significant threats to Wyatt.

It's really sad what Phoebe character has become even in Season 6. I honestly, don't feel bad for her in this episode, I feel bad for Jason. No wonder he broke up with her in this episode, who wouldn't want to break up with their girlfriend when she turns into an embarrassing slutty mess in front of a crowd of people. Seriously, every time Phoebe gets possessed or put under a spell at this point, it's god awful. Her outfits are get skimpier and Alyssa Milano put in these horrible performances. It's like all that Phoebe is the writers at this point is boobs and a nce a$$. I mean how else do you explain Phoebe getting possessed by a French hooker!! Not only do I feel bad for Jason, but I felt bad for Eric Dane during those scenes where Phoebe was forcing herself on Jason. Apart of me thinks that Eric wanted out of his contract seeing as we never see Jason again and nothing between him and Phoebe are resolved. Who wouldn't? The guy just seemed so uninterested in the material and not wanting to be there.

Another uninterested actor is the boringBalthazar Getty who's Richard is as one note as ever. He's whole little "my Karma is bad" plot just stunk up the screen and gave way to the mess that was Phoebe and her whole transformation. I just don't see the interest in his arc about his powers being dangerous and I still don't see what Paige sees in him. The Swarm Demons were also about as one note as you can get. I'm starting to feellike the writers just made these demons just so we can watched Piper blow them uo...over...and over....and..over....and over...and over again. But on the plus side, at least we got to see Piper's freezing power more than once and for the first time since Season 4, the sisters say a Power of three spell to vanquish the demon. God, knows I'm sick of Piper just blowing up demons or the sisters using potions. It just doesn't feel like Charmed without the Power of 3 spells! Eh, all and all, "Used Karmed" used Phoebe in the worst possible way and is another stinker from Season 6!

• Not my favorite episode!

Chris didnt appears in this episode again! In the ending of this episode, Paige broke up with Richard, because it is too much! Thougth, it is final appearance for Richard in this episode! Richard can't control magic. We found out that Richard's family are mostly dead, not all of them. They are dead because of magic!! Paige want to help Richard!! In the ending, Paige felt not comfortable to date him more. I never like him anyway, because I dislike him very much. Phoebe shouldnt tell her boyfriend that she is witch. I rather she keep it as secret!! Paige made Phoebe do it. Anyway, this episode is not good and bit boring.
  • What goes around, comes around

Really enjoyed this one. The idea behind the story is interesting and the demon plot's not bad either.

There's some excellent character development for both Jason and Richard, with one being exposed to magic for the first time and the other breaking his 'no magic' rule to rid himself of his family's bad karma. It's not the first time the action has revolved around the side effects of a spell but having Richard as the culprit is a great twist so top marks to the writers for this. As in all the best episodes, the main plot involves the whole cast (with the notable exception of Chris - any ideas?).

The special effects are great this week, particularly the cleansing spell, and the direction is strong for the whole hour. Not sure the possessed Phoebe storyline was really the right choice but it was entertaining and Alyssa is so good at playing the bad girl. I loved the way she wrecked the party by turning the food into frogs and I completely loved that Piper froze the room. They should do more stuff like this!

The swarm demons are good value. Yes, the idea of 'kill the king, kill them all' isn't new but who cares? It's fun watching them all blow up and I enjoyed seeing Phoebe channel their powers against them. I wish she would do this more often.

Given that karma is such a big part of the wiccan faith I'm surprised they've not done this story before. The threefold return is a well known rule of witchcraft (i.e. if you do something bad it'll come back on you three times harder) yet it's taken Brad and his mates six years to realise this.

For me, Richard is the star of the show. That gleam in his eye as he goes into his potion cupboard is Cole all over again. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
  • Very good episode but it was lacking something that i couldn't see !!!

Phoebe, Paige and Piper inadvertently expose themselves as witches in front of Jason, causing him to leave Phoebe. Richard casts a spell to free himself of his family's negative karma, but accidentally channels the spirit of Mata Hari, a stripper and double agent during WWI, into Phoebe. Phoebe decides to get revenge on Jason by arranging for a demonic firing squad to kill him. Meanwhile, Piper and Paige try to vanquish a group of Swarm Demons But every one they vanquish they double and comeback!!, the last on Chris' list of the most significant threats to Wyatt.
  • Filler ep.. still good!

In this episode phoebe tells jason about her witchcraft, which ultimatly leads to them breaking up. Not particually interesting but nethertheless adds to the story.

piper is demon hunting demons which multiply every time they are vanquished, eventually they die as well.

this episode doesn't stick out much in my mind. it is a bit of a nonity. But I did enjoy it... for some reason. Watch this if you are into charmed and have nothing else to do, many won't like it like I did. That's all!
  • Phoebe is possessed by a woman with bad Karma.

Richard does a spell getting rid of his familys bad karma, in doing that Phoebe get possessed with the bad karma of Mata Hari. Then Richard gives Jason a potion to switch the that persons karma back. Phoebe is about to kill an innocent AKA Jason. Jason finally throws the Potion at her before he dies. Piper and Paige orb there and then Phoebe is back so they say the Spell to Vanquish the King of the Swarm and then the whole group die. I belive this eposide is about a 8.3, Its not too good but its not bad either. I guesse i just like it when Phoebe turns evil.

Justin!
  • The episode entitled, ‘Used Karma’ focuses on Phoebe and Jason and the fallout after Jason learns Phoebe’s secret about being a witch.

It also appears that trouble is arising where Richard is concerned. Richard and magic do not mix as was proven in this episode. I have a feeling that the Charmed Ones are going to have to work to stop him in the future.

Phoebe as the Mata Hari was only slightly entertaining. I hated to see Phoebe be so mean. I always love it when one of the sisters gets turned into something or turns evil, but the Mata Hari held little appeal for me.

Overall, I would give this episode a 7 out of 10. I can’t wait until the next episode!
  • "I'm Phoebe, I Wear Slutty Outfits For No Reason!" #4 - Mata Whori

0.8
    Oh, make it stop! Please! Whoever thought that turning Phoebe into some sort of nude-a-rama gal every episode was a good idea should be immediately fired from having anything to do with this show! We've had Phoebe the mermaid, Phoebe the sexy dancing mummy girl, Phoebe the stripper and now (drum roll please) Phoebe the prostitute!

This god-awful episode has Phoebe being possessed by Mata Hari, a spy from the 1930's who was also a prostitute. There's also some other stuff about Richard curing his karma, Jason leaving Phoebe and the sisters taking out some Swam Demons.

Jason departs the show and he leaves a hole the size of a peanut. Eric Dane always portrayed Jason as unconsciousness in human form and I'm sure nobody cares about his departure. He was always a one-note character anyway. At least Richard, Paige's new boyfriend, has started to have some interesting qualities. Oh, but look, just as he's getting mildly interesting, he leaves the show! Why not just let the sisters grow old into lonely cat ladies?! All their relationships are doomed anyway! The Mata Hari storyline is embarrassingly pointless. There's absolutely no point to seeing Mata Phoebe creating a big fight at a gala and all she does is prance about in a revealing outfit, quoting phony French. Lame. Lame. Lame!

Used Karma is another in a long line of horrible episodes of Charmed, which has depressingly reduced itself to being a sex-obsessed, melodramatic, unfunny mess of a series.

Rating: F