Charmed

Used Karma

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 25, 2004 on The WB

• Mata Horny

Used Karma-Jason breaks up with Phoebe when he finally learns her and her sisters are really witches. Meanwhile, Richard attempts to free himself of his family's karma, and Piper and Paige try to vanquish a group of Swarm demons, the last on Chris' list of the most significant threats to Wyatt.

It's really sad what Phoebe character has become even in Season 6. I honestly, don't feel bad for her in this episode, I feel bad for Jason. No wonder he broke up with her in this episode, who wouldn't want to break up with their girlfriend when she turns into an embarrassing slutty mess in front of a crowd of people. Seriously, every time Phoebe gets possessed or put under a spell at this point, it's god awful. Her outfits are get skimpier and Alyssa Milano put in these horrible performances. It's like all that Phoebe is the writers at this point is boobs and a nce a$$. I mean how else do you explain Phoebe getting possessed by a French hooker!! Not only do I feel bad for Jason, but I felt bad for Eric Dane during those scenes where Phoebe was forcing herself on Jason. Apart of me thinks that Eric wanted out of his contract seeing as we never see Jason again and nothing between him and Phoebe are resolved. Who wouldn't? The guy just seemed so uninterested in the material and not wanting to be there.

Another uninterested actor is the boringBalthazar Getty who's Richard is as one note as ever. He's whole little "my Karma is bad" plot just stunk up the screen and gave way to the mess that was Phoebe and her whole transformation. I just don't see the interest in his arc about his powers being dangerous and I still don't see what Paige sees in him. The Swarm Demons were also about as one note as you can get. I'm starting to feellike the writers just made these demons just so we can watched Piper blow them uo...over...and over....and..over....and over...and over again. But on the plus side, at least we got to see Piper's freezing power more than once and for the first time since Season 4, the sisters say a Power of three spell to vanquish the demon. God, knows I'm sick of Piper just blowing up demons or the sisters using potions. It just doesn't feel like Charmed without the Power of 3 spells! Eh, all and all, "Used Karmed" used Phoebe in the worst possible way and is another stinker from Season 6!