Charmed

When Bad Warlocks Turn Good

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 28, 1999 on The WB

• When Good Seasons Turn Bad

3.8
    An incredibly boring episode which is one of the first Charmed hours which I've never fully paid attention to, When Bad Warlocks Go Good has an interesting dilemma at the core of the episode, but it just isn't very well written and ends up feeling disjointed and hollow.

The episode has Prue falling for a young priest, Brendan, who is in fact half-warlock. Prue must save him from his two warlock brothers, who are attempting to lure Brendan to the dark side in order to fulfill the prophecy of the Rowe coven, which turns the three brothers into the evil equivalent of the Charmed Ones.

This hour could have been very good, with an intriguing main storyline and some decent guest characters, but turns out to be extremely dull and very lifeless. The relationship between Prue and Brendan doesn't convince and seems slightly forced. It's also really corny, with the horse-riding scene being the most vomit-inducing. I don't like it when religion is thrown in my face on a show which isn't 7th Heaven and this episode has Andy being really religious and wanting to seek vengeance for his priest's murder. It's obviously just something I personally don't like but whatever...

This isn't a very good episode and I wouldn't encourage anybody to watch it. Unless you like your Charmed charmless...

Rating: D-