Chase

NBC (ended 2011)

karlmeszaros

Chase Fan Reviews (10)

7.4
  • Really wish this hadn't been cancelled.

Came into this show waaaayy late in the game. I didn't have cable when it was on and I definitely feel like I missed out! Saw Kelli Giddish as detective Amanda Rollins on SVU and just had to look into her show.

The cases and characters were really well done, and the fact that Kelli did her own stunts as Annie still amazes me. The only thing I can say I 'didn't like' was the ending, which to me seemed to rushed and lovey dovey. However, given the fact that the show was cancelled.... I understand and appreciate the fact that they attempted to wrap it up as best as possible.

My favorite episode was episode 16, Roundup. As much as I loved Daisy, it was a very well written and dramatic episode. Brought me to tears and had me on edge about what was going to happen. I wasn't sure at first if they'd have her go through with it but given Rose was only in 16 of the episodes I figured she would...
  • Chase us marshals

I like a lot. The characters are great, I love their story ...

it changes the other detective series. I love that there is another season, with all the character already present in the 1 ...
  • chase

i love this show,,,,throught it was fantatic
  • Follows a team of US Marshals as they pursue outlaws. An attempt at a contemporary western.

One of the worst tv shows I have ever seen. The only decent acting comes from the guests and they have to battle against the torrent of horrible lines. One of the most painful things I have endured in recent times is watching Jennifer Morrison (of House) struggle through a horrible script with a Southern accent (the episode "Paranoid"). And if there is one thing worse than the acting (I wouldn't have believed if possible until now) its the writing. Predictable plots, littered with over-used cliches and completely outlandish speech patterns. The writers obviously are attempting to recreate some kind of authentic Southern / South-Western motif, but fail horribly. What we end up with is delirious dribble, not worthy of a low budget made-for-tv movie. I suffered through 2 episodes and I urge others not to bother. Canceled by December. Mark my words...
  • This show only seems to aqdd to the list of situation comedies already being aired, but it sure isn't humorous.

This show only seems to add to the list of situation comedies already being aired, but it sure isn't humorous. It use to be that U S Marshals were considered "Officers of the Court", but if that is still so this pathetic show must be portraying the Marshals as the clowns and the activist federal judges (sic) as the ring masters. They don't display any semblance of federal law enforcement officers and give the impression that whatever they want to do is right and that they make the law, not enforce it, and that judges ARE the law and not its administrators. This show is a very poor, probably the poorest example of federal law enforcement on TV today. However, it does represent the United States Marshals Service as they have digressed for the once fine agency they were before Waco and Ruby Ridge. This show represents an out of control agency that believes all it has to do is go waving some magical Writ of Hocus Pocus around and everyone has to do whatever they want. As Waylon Jennings told us,"Mammas Don't Lets Your Babies Grow Up To Be G^% Da%n@# Federal Marshals." And for sure don't let them watch the putrid show.
  • Entertaining, US Marshals & the difficulties they face while trying to capture the bad guy. Set in TX. If you like good guy bad guy or cop shows this is one to watch.

I enjoy watching this series. New & it might also be that I know Amaury Nolasco (Marco Martinez) & Rod Tinney (All aerial & helicopter shots & stunts) personally. Great Guys! I hope the show does well for both of them. Can't wait to watch another episode. That is if the heat doesn't finally get to Amaury or anyone else that isn't use to the TX sun. Eventually would be nice to get to be on set to watch how the action all gets done. I'm a fan & hope others enjoy it as much as we do. Hope it is continued series.
  • Action, crime, drama - Annie Frost "boots" and her partner Jimmy are US Marshalls and they go after the most dangerous criminals and desperate criminals on the run. No secret plots, just good old fashion action.

It's all been done before but this one has charisma. US Marshalls, crime fighting in boots, Texas style with a nice slow buildup. The characters are great, you wouldn't think so since the actors are not flashy but there is some awesome chemistry on this show. Just straight story telling at its best.
    The interactions between the Annie and Jimmy feel real, the conversations feel real no hollywood witty one liners, the chases are plausible. Why is it worth watching, because there is a more to come and I feel the buildup and foreshadowing in each and every episode. Episode 1 was an intro to the action but each episode brings out the characters more and I can't wait learn more about each character. Its like a tease each episode but even that feels real.
  • Nothing to chase.

5.5
    Sorry for the pun, but I couldn't go through the second episode, after a not so exciting premiere. The usual trick of the rookie is understandable ( and maybe unavoidable), but in this case was used quite badly. After the second episode I'm already tired of the line "I'm gonna catch him" said to the relative of the victims. The psychological approach to the hunting of fugitive is strange in the fact that none of them seem to have a degree in the field, it could be more credible if they had a psycologist. In the end I didn't connect with any of the characters, especially the newbie, who should be in theory the more "likeable". There are already too much shows of jerry bruckheimer on air, I don't need more, especially this one.
  • Better than average crime drama.

This show managed to hold my attention. A somewhat better than average crime drama that had the look and feel of an extended version of an America's Most Wanted Segment, a show that has grown near and dear to my heart over the years. I'm predicting that Chase will be extended to at least one more season before it begins to peter out, but we'll see. I doubt that Chase will ever be considered one of televisions all time great crime dramas such as N.Y.P.D. Blue, but at least I didn't feel I'd wasted an hour watching it. Not bad, room for improvement.
  • A show about a group of U.S. marshals that chase down fugitives in Texas. The fugitive recovery team appears to consist of two females and three males, one of whom looks to be new to the team.

There is varied cast that come from previous television shows, some successful, some not, leaving potential for either a great show, or a great failure. Characters appear to have the usual demons that television assigns to cop, with the tom-boy female stereotype cop thrown in as well. The show seams to be mix of earlier cop and federal agencies shows; however, it is a good premise that has been touched on by other shows such as In Plain Sight and Numb3rs but has never been fully explored. The cast appears to contain all of the stereotypes necessary to do well (girl with demons, guy with demons, sexual tension between the guy and the girl with demons) and might actually survive on NBC.