TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

What the hell has G4 done to Cheaters?!?!

Pi

[1]Oct 28, 2006
    • level: 10
    Oh my lord....has anyone actually watched Cheaters on G4?  Horrid!  Atrocious!  They have dubbed another narrator's voice over the entire show......which isn't that bad in itself.........if the guy didn't sound like some kind of degenerate surfer dude.  He sounds exactly like to guy on Max Ex, and tries to make "hip" comments that are just stupid.  He sounds like the typical stereotype of a stupid surfer guy, LoL......what a nightmare.

Then, as if that wasn't bad enough......they added a nonstop techno soundtrack to the entire show.  Interviews.......investigation.......everything!  Sometimes the little techno soundtrack is so loud it completely drowns out the dialog during the confrontations!  You can't even hear what the people are saying because of the BUM...BUM....BUM.....CHA....BUM...BUM......... in the freaking background.  What a mess!  As if the idea of constant music (and keep in mind, it is the same techno beat the entire time) isn't bad enough, it cycles in at varying volumes throughout the show at random, sometimes getting so loud it's useless even trying to watch the show because nothing can be heard over the incessant noise.  The changes were bad enough in themselves, but the dub job that was done is such an amateurish hack job it really is a joke, and just demonstrates the lack of any intelligence of those  running the G4 channel these days. 

I had vowed never to watch it again when it changed over from Tech TV to G4.....and they promptly proceeded to cancel or completely change any show that had previously been worth watching.  We decided to give them another try given they were airing Cheaters, but am even more thoroughly disgusted with the fools running that channel now than ever, and will NEVER be going back this time.

I just had to warn everyone here about this, and urge you to write G4 and ask that they restore the episodes to their original form before airing any more.  Our local UPN station had stopped airing Cheaters last year, and we were very disappointed.  Imagine our excitement when we found it again, airing on G4!  We even got up at 3 AM just to watch the episodes......boy were we in for a shock when we turned it on.  We'd been waiting over a year to watch Cheaters again, but were so disgusted with the changes we just turned it off halfway through the second episode.  The changes are a disgrace to the show and the viewers.  It would be comical if I hadn't been trying to find the show again for over a year.  If you want a laugh, check it out......but don't expect to be able to endure more than a few minutes at a time, LoL!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DarkAngle34994

[2]Oct 28, 2006
    • level: 29
    I know its irritating

DocMartigan

[3]Nov 13, 2006
    • level: 5
    Hmm. Could you really do anything to make this stupid show worse?

Or a better question... why would anyone care that much if they did?

robodog1000

[4]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 16
    i liked cheaters on g4 mabye only because i never saw it in orginal form cuz no channel besides g4 airs cheaters

infowarrior1983

[5]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 3
    i am glad that your UPN is not running it and i am glad my CW Network isnt running it monday-saturday but i am glad G4 messed it up so badly because you are all mad over nothing so who cares and i bet you G4 will defend the cheaters show as saying if you don't like it turn it off Joey Greco is a loser anyway. i hope it messes up forever muhahahaha

marvelfan89

[6]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 39
    It doesn't matter the show is still a riot. It airs Saturday late night on the CW.
    Edited on 03/30/2007 5:21pm

infowarrior1983

[7]Mar 31, 2007
    • level: 3
    marvelfan89 wrote:
    It doesn't matter the show is still a riot. It airs Saturday late night on the CW.
    not mine my state most places air cheaters on sundays duh! read the cheaters site for ur state and check the time and day

marvelfan89

[8]Mar 31, 2007

infowarrior1983 wrote:
    marvelfan89 wrote:
    not mine my state most places air cheaters on sundays duh! read the cheaters site for ur state and check the time and day

Don't have to since I know it airs on Saturday in my state duh! As well in my state it has always aired on Saturday.

Edited on 03/31/2007 12:04pm

fortaz107

[9]Oct 19, 2007
    • level: 6
    I just caught Cheaters on G4 after not seeing it for a couple months. G4 has totally trashed one of my favourite shows. Does anyone know if this is how all new episodes are being produced, or is it only a G4 thing?

marvelfan89

[10]Feb 27, 2008

It's a G4 thing obviously the new episodes still follow the original format.