Cheers

Endless Slumper

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Dec 02, 1982 on NBC

• very funny episode. we learn that sam's good luck rests with the bottle cap of his very last beer.

What an episode! Sam gives his lucky bottle cap to a fellow Sox pitcher so that he may experience some good luck but in turn gets bad luck. We find out that the bottlecap is from the last beer bottle that sam ever drank and that he uses it to keep himself in check. The best part was definetly at the end when Sam fills himself another beer and everyone is thinking that he's gonna go back to his alcoholic self. However, he send the beer down the bar table and it bends which shows that he's got his mojo back. great episode
  • It just keeps getting better and better!

"CHEERS" gets better with every passing episode of the season. This episode is mostly about superstitions, as Sam thinks all his bad luck is due to the fact that he hasn't got his lucky charm on him anymore.

Nevertheless, the ending sequence is a rather good one, and it really has us trying to guess if he's going to drink or not. When he finally does the trick with the glass I felt relief.

Lastly, the opening sequence features one of the funniest scenes: Carla has run an ad on the paper, trying to find a tutor for her kids (yeah, good luck!). When a lovely elderly lady comes in, Carla wants to be punched by her, in order to see if she can handle her kids--and, OH, she CAN!