Cheers Forums

NBC (ended 1993)

Al Rosen

LanceMannion

[1]Jan 9, 2006
    • level: 1
    I absolutely loved the old guy Al who was a regular in the series for quite a long time till he died in real life I believe.

The writers started to give him great lines too in a lot of the episodes - you can see Ted Danson laugh in that famous episode where Al shouts out "Sinatra" if you look closely. The episode too where it ends with Al having written to Woody's father and convincing him to let Woody stay in Boston is a nice twist too.

Does anybody know any details about other shows, films etc that Al appeared in? Am I right in saying that an episode was dedicated to him (in the end titles) when he passed away.

Al was a delight and my all time favourite of all the extra characters in the series apart from the main actors.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Diogo22

[2]Jan 10, 2006
    • level: 15
    yes an episode was dedicated as follows to him: "to our friend Al Rosen". it was "Norm and Cliff's excellent adventure"

he also had that great bit im gary's old tawn tevern

Carla "Al, why aren't you at Cheers?
    Al "this isn't cheers?

and

"dance Mailman dance

he appeared as an extra several times on "taxi" too, but I believe he was uncredited there

in fact various members of cheers appeared on taxi, such as Ted Danson, Rea phearlman and George wendt

Such_A_Diane

[3]Jan 14, 2006
    • level: 28
    I loved in 'Fortunes and Mens weights' with the Sinatra bit and you can see Ted Danson laughing at the second 'Sinatra!' bit. It's so funny!

jamesMoo

[4]Apr 3, 2006
    • level: 6
    yea, he was fantastic in his small role.