Cheers Forums

NBC (ended 1993)

Best Openers

chipsaugratin

[1]Feb 15, 2006
    • level: 3
    What was your favourite or the best opener or teaser of the series?
    My selection is from "Don't Paint Your Chickens" from Season 7, when Frasier attempts to discuss an essay about the films of Ingemar Bergman. It morphs into a discussion of Ingrid Bergman, Ingemar Johansen, Bud Abbott, Dean Martin, Jerry Lewis & Joe Louis, etc. Hilarious!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Spartan2k88

[2]Feb 15, 2006
    • level: 32
    off the top of my head...Definately the "We will Rock You"! That one was classic! Also, the one where Fraiser parks his car and the alarm keeps going off, and they show Norm and Cliff on the other side, pulling the door handle

Chambers075

[3]Feb 15, 2006
    • level: 8
    Mine would have to be from the episode ... when Carla goes into labor and her sister has to fill in for her. When Sam and Diane kiss and coach and the whole thing and it's freakin hilarious. =)

The_AG

[4]Mar 5, 2006
    • level: 13
    I don't know what the name of the ep is...but the one when Rebecca sees Woody lying in the middle of the road and she freaked out and then Sam drives up in his car and Woody gets up...that is so funny!

np1237

[5]Mar 7, 2006
    • level: 16
    One of my favorites is the one on "Where Have All The Floorboards Gone?" in season 10. Frasier parks his car in front of the bar and the car alarm keeps going off for no apparent reason. After several times going off, the camera pans out and it turns out it's just Norm and Cliff sitting on the other side of the car opening the door. Frasier gets really steamed cause he can't see Norm and Cliff.

Spartan2k88

[6]Mar 8, 2006
    yeah, i mentioned that one up there^ its hilarious!!

jamesMoo

[7]Apr 3, 2006
    • level: 6
    The one where Frasier is talking to pretty girls like he still has it and Lilith comes in and everyone else in bar runs toward pool room and Frasier goes " She's standing right behind me isn't she?"

A great Lilith moment and she never says anything.

Spartan2k88

[8]Apr 3, 2006
    jamesMoo wrote:
    The one where Frasier is talking to pretty girls like he still has it and Lilith comes in and everyone else in bar runs toward pool room and Frasier goes " She's standing right behind me isn't she?"

A great Lilith moment and she never says anything.

that one is in "King of Beers"

jamesMoo

[9]Apr 3, 2006
    • level: 6
    thanks.

malkafish

[10]May 9, 2006
    • level: 1
    My favorite opener is the one where Rebecca comes out of her office complaining about the bars phone bill, and Cliff is on the bars phone with his mother who is in china. Then when Rebecca tells him to get off and he doesn't she lifts up the phone cord and chops it in half with a big knife. Does anyone know what episode it's from? I can't remember. I watched it like 5 times in a row once and it made me laugh really hard every time.

kdot1985

[11]May 13, 2006
    • level: 40
    my personal favorite started in cheers with noone there and vera's voice on the answering machine asking norm to come home. she hangs up and calls again demanding that norm stop drinking and go home. she does it one more time threatening norm. then she calls back and tells sam to ignore the last 3 messages because norm was lying next to her the whole time.

don't really remember the episode name but it was pretty funny.

LB80

[12]May 18, 2006
    • level: 65
    I like the one when Sam locks up the bar but doesn't realise Norm is left in there with all the beer

Spartan2k88

[13]May 18, 2006
    another great one is where Woody is watching TV in the bar at night and there's an ad for one of the adult hotlines that says "see what wild people call our hotline". Woody calls the number and says "My name is Woody, I'm from Indiana" he pauses and then says "Oh, Hi Mr. Clavin!" Classic!!

gguirao

[14]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 23

My favorite is the opener to "Personal Business". A couple approaches Coach and asks him to check on their reservation at Melville's. They are the Andersons. When Coach calls to confirm, he finds out there are two Anderson parties and asks the restaurant manager to clarify. The manager says the table is for "the blubber butts". Coach then yells, "Table ready for the Blubberbutts!" in front of everyone. The first Anderson party, who are quite large, leaves the bar offended.

Edited on 02/23/2009 10:16pm

Tirian62

[15]Dec 15, 2012
    • level: 1

I have a few:

- Woody calls the bar on the phone and we hear his earlier recorded message on the answering machine which ends up in a discussion with Sam about how stupid it is.

- Carla enters Rebeccas office and suggests using her as a decoy for breastfeeding her twins.

- The one where Woody gets water balloons thrown on his head by Norm and Cliff from a high building.