Cheers Forums

NBC (ended 1993)

Help with DVDs

sheltonlee

[21]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 2
    Hi TT,

They never replied to my polite letter either. I don't know even if they got it. Paramount aren't my favourite people at the moment. I really love Cheers. It is my favourite show of all time and I was really excited when I found out a few years ago that it was coming to DVD. I am kind of heartbroken now they have seemingly stopped releasing them. I did have all the episodes on VHS but the tapes are so used they don't play properly. I was going to start watching the DVDs seasons 1-8 but I will feel really sick when I get to the end of 8 and have to stop.

C'mon Paramount, do the decent thing.

Shelton
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

turkeythrasher

[22]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 1
    Surely as a fan base on this site Paramount must read it, it can only be to their benefit to release the missing seasons. Can we as a forum not continually give them reminders either by email or other to prompt them into to some sort of announcement as to when or if they have any intentions of releasing them ? My guitars play the theme tune on their own now can I get Paramount to subsidise my next set of strings ?!!! Come on Paramount we know your there just an indication .

sammalone88

[23]Dec 16, 2007

Hey thanks Shelton, i appreciatte the information on getting a hold of them. I will do the same here in the States, and maybe they'll write me back. But i know what you guys mean about watching all the old seasons. That is all i do is watch Cheers, or Frasier, every night before i go to sleep. I dont know how many times i have fallen asleep to the closing credit song of Cheers. Oh man it seriously gives me an awesome feeling. I hope you know what i mean instead of thinking of me as a weirdo. Thanks for the info again, and if anything comes up, do tell. As i will as well.

Malone!

sammalone88

[24]Dec 22, 2007
    So i went to amazon.com and they actually have the complete ninth season coming they say. There is no image available for it, and not much information about it, but i have been checking regularly when the release is, and there never used to be anything on season nine, and now there is. I think we might be in luck you guys!

Spartan2k88

[25]Dec 22, 2007
    • level: 32
    sammalone88 wrote:
    So i went to amazon.com and they actually have the complete ninth season coming they say. There is no image available for it, and not much information about it, but i have been checking regularly when the release is, and there never used to be anything on season nine, and now there is. I think we might be in luck you guys!

i wouldn't look too much into that...

seinfeld111690

[26]Dec 23, 2007
    • level: 25

Here is the link for any one who wants to take a look for themselves. I am not sure how long this has been up, though.

http://www.amazon.com/Cheers-Complete-Season-Ted-Danson/dp/B0011MZCM2/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1198422120&sr=8-13

sheltonlee

[27]Dec 23, 2007
    I have mentioned this before but I think it is worth mentioning again. I have just been watching Frasier season 10 and on the preview section it says to look out for the following dvds and one of the previews shows a clip of Cheers season 11. Maybe they do intend to release them.

Shelton