Cheers Forums

NBC (ended 1993)

The Best Episode Ever

  • Avatar of HField07

    HField07

    [1]Dec 18, 2005
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 46
    Which is your favorite?

    mine is an earlier one where Dick Cavet guest stars, absolutely hilarious and had me busting my sides, alas i cant recall the title but its a pure genious episode
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of midnitewriter

    midnitewriter

    [2]Dec 18, 2005
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 137
    The episode you are talking about is "They Called Me Mayday"
    If I had to pick one, it would probably be "Pick a Con ... Any Con", the one where Harry helps Coach get his money back from the con-man George.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Spartan2k88

    Spartan2k88

    [3]Dec 18, 2005
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,010
    midnitewriter wrote:

    If I had to pick one, it would probably be "Pick a Con ... Any Con", the one where Harry helps Coach get his money back from the con-man George.


    That's definately up there, but i don't think i could pick one episode...there are so many good ones!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Diogo22

    Diogo22

    [4]Dec 19, 2005
    • member since: 06/09/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 704
    without a doubt "an old fashioned wedding (1 hour) farce at its best. it's the last episode of season 10
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [5]Dec 24, 2005
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,072
    My pick would be "The Gift of the Woody" from Year 7. Beetabaga!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Spartan2k88

    Spartan2k88

    [6]Dec 24, 2005
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,010
    HelloStuart wrote:
    My pick would be "The Gift of the Woody" from Year 7. Beetabaga!


    Beetabega Fajita on a pita??? lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SlayersCreek17

    SlayersCreek17

    [7]Dec 26, 2005
    • member since: 07/05/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 252
    It has been a real long time since I have seen an episode, but I really really like the one where Cliff goes on Jeporady and Kicks Ass but blows it all on the final question. It makes me laugh. "Who are three people that have never been in my moms kitchen." lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Spartan2k88

    Spartan2k88

    [8]Dec 26, 2005
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,010
    SlayersCreek17 wrote:
    It has been a real long time since I have seen an episode, but I really really like the one where Cliff goes on Jeporady and Kicks Ass but blows it all on the final question. It makes me laugh. "Who are three people that have never been in my moms kitchen." lol.


    supposedly they used that as a category on the real show..."who are three people who have never been in my kitchen" makes me laugh every time!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [9]Jan 1, 2006
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,072
    Spartan2k88 wrote:
    SlayersCreek17 wrote:
    It has been a real long time since I have seen an episode, but I really really like the one where Cliff goes on Jeporady and Kicks Ass but blows it all on the final question. It makes me laugh. "Who are three people that have never been in my moms kitchen." lol.


    supposedly they used that as a category on the real show..."who are three people who have never been in my kitchen" makes me laugh every time!!


    The funniest part is that there have been actual "Jeopardy!" contestants that have used that answer during the final round. It's a guaranteed laugh.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LanceMannion

    LanceMannion

    [10]Jan 9, 2006
    • member since: 01/10/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2
    The Big Kiss Off (shown here yesterday in the UK) is absolutely superb and one of my all time favourites for sure. When Sam shows up in the bar dressed as a soldier because he is "sick of that Ayatollah Guy" - absolutely priceless!!!

    So many great episodes - the one with Marcia Cross as Rebecca's sister Susan, where Rebecca pretends to kill her to shock Sam and get back at him for all his scheming is brilliant too.

    Love the show so much and even though I've seen each episode so many times I know the scripts, it is still as fresh and funny as the first time I watched it.

    In my opinion, it is the finest situation comedy of all time, no more, no less...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SuperDave44

    SuperDave44

    [11]Jan 24, 2006
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 347
    How can you name just one? That's just too tough.

    I love the one where Sam does the sports and does his rap about a "groin injury, gr gr groin injury".

    But there's the Sam and Diane slap fight, Norm as a beer tastier.

    Frankly the best episode is still the pilot. It has the best lines. Nothing is better than the following three jokes. (forgive me if they are off)

    1 - Coach "Is there and Ernie Pantosi here?"
    Cliff "That's you Coach"
    Coach "Speaking"

    2 - Diane "You don't need to tell anyone my story"
    Sam "She's a hooker, Coach"

    3 - Diane "Sam can't come to the phone, he is at (Sam pretendig to get a haircut) MIME CLASS.
    Sam "thanks for covering, what's the message?"
    Diane "You are a mad pagan beast"
    Sam "Thanks, what's the message"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Spartan2k88

    Spartan2k88

    [12]Jan 24, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,010
    SuperDave44 wrote:
    I love the one where Sam does the sports and does his rap about a "groin injury, gr gr groin injury".


    that one is classic!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of np1237

    np1237

    [13]Jan 24, 2006
    • member since: 06/28/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 129
    I love when he brings the dummy on the news show.

    Dummy: "No, I think you're full of hoey!"
    Sam: "Well, what do you know? Your head's made of wood."

    Rebecca: "If either of them mention the bar, I'm suing."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Spartan2k88

    Spartan2k88

    [14]Jan 24, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,010
    np1237 wrote:
    I love when he brings the dummy on the news show.

    Dummy: "No, I think you're full of hoey!"
    Sam: "Well, what do you know? Your head's made of wood."

    Rebecca: "If either of them mention the bar, I'm suing."


    and when they get back to the bar....

    Woody- "Make him talk Sam, make him say my name!"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Chambers075

    Chambers075

    [15]Feb 4, 2006
    • member since: 07/06/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 103
    oh no. the best has to be the thanksgiving episode where they get into a food fight. god. ive heard so many things about it and when i finally got to watch it, i almost peed myself lauging. roflll either that one or the one where Sam and Diane finally get engaged. =) that episode made me soooooo happy ^_^
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Spartan2k88

    Spartan2k88

    [16]Feb 4, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,010
    Chambers075 wrote:
    oh no. the best has to be the thanksgiving episode where they get into a food fight. god. ive heard so many things about it and when i finally got to watch it, i almost peed myself lauging. roflll either that one or the one where Sam and Diane finally get engaged. =) that episode made me soooooo happy ^_^


    the thanksgiving one is up there....but also Norm getting the job @ the beer factory!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dramafreezone

    dramafreezone

    [17]May 23, 2006
    • member since: 08/03/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 199

    I'm sort of torn between 2 episodes as favorites.  The first is "Sam's Women" where he says he's never met an intelligent woman he's want to date and Diane says "On behalf of intelligent women around the world, may I just say....Whew!"

    The other is "Truce or Consequences".  Carla: "You sound like a woman who's getting tired of her teeth."  Diane: "No, I'm sick of your teeth, and all the vermicelli in between!"

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of geoellis2

    geoellis2

    [18]May 27, 2006
    • member since: 10/03/05
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 599
    For me the best is 'Home is the sailor', the first with Rebecca. Carla launches operation 'Wayne down the dwain', and one by one the regulars appear and ask for a screaming viking. Perfectly hilarious!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chipsaugratin

    chipsaugratin

    [19]May 30, 2006
    • member since: 11/22/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 147

    It almost feels like cheating to say my favourite ("One For The Road," the Finale) or my 2nd favourite ("Give Me a Ring Sometime," the Pilot) is the best ever.  Instead, I will say, from season 4, "Diane Chambers Day," my 3rd favourite.  Its well-constructed,  full of witty and crackling dialogue, surprising, and Shelley Long rarely looked sexier.  It also plays out, to a certain extent, the obvious backstage divide between the cast.  

    Plus, who can't love the theme music from "The Magnificent Seven?" (And I know I never miss a Horst Buchholtz film.)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ScreamingViking

    ScreamingViking

    [20]Jun 14, 2006
    • member since: 06/14/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 758
    I always liked the one where Coach ordered the machine that gives you your fortune
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.