Cheers Forums

NBC (ended 1993)

The Best Episode Ever

ScreamingViking

[21]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 6
    Best one is first episode of 6th season
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sheltonlee

[22]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 2

My fave is the one where John Allen Hill erects a wall between the bar and the toilets/pool room which sends Sam crazy! I like the bit where Sam, trying to get even with him, tries to ruin the doormat that Hill told him to put at the foot to the stairs leading to the upstairs restaurant. When Sam fails to destroy the Matt, he says "This is a pretty good Matt isn't it"!

Forgive me if I have got a few of the finer details wrong as it is a long time since I saw that particular episode. I'm looking forward to watching it when released on DVD.

Shelton

turkeythrasher

[23]Nov 29, 2007
    • level: 1
    For me "The heart is a lonely Snipehunter" although there are probably more funnier than this.

taytaos

[24]May 16, 2008
    • level: 6
    i like the 3-part series finale, the very first episode with rebecca, and and the one when rebecca runs the bar when sam is playing poker

chipsaugratin

[25]May 19, 2008
    • level: 3
    You poor thing, you're obviously too young to remember the series finale. (15 years ago tomorrow, I will get out my VHS.) It was a single 98 minute episode, heavily edited into 3 half-hours for syndication. That better not be what happens when season 11 comes out on DVD. Do you hear me, CBS/Paramount? Do you!!??

seeker1961

[26]May 19, 2008
    It's hard to pick just one, but one of my favorites was the one starrring John Cleese as a psychiatrist.

jvma7621

[27]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 4

The John Cleese episode was phenomenal!! I also like the episode where Diane tries to get her poem published, but gets a rejection letter. Sam gets published using one of her old poems from a love letter. (can you tell that I just finished watching Season 5 again?)

PikeBishop

[28]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 31

One episode? Impossible task, but if I were to pick one to demonstrate Cheers in all its glory then I would pick Season #1's Pick a Con, Any Con

Crackerjack writing, great plot, great acting, superb direction, surprise ending. Some of the highlights:

"Oooh I like those socks."

"Philly's a dull town."

"Never was too impressed with Arizone hustlers Mole. although they got great sinuses."

Sam stuffing the bar towel in Dian'e mouth to shut her up.

Sam's offer at the end of the episode, "IF I win, you get to go to bed with me" The sexual tension between those two ramped up about a thousand degrees there.

Norm and Cliff display some toughness, looking ready to throw down on George to get their money back by force if neccessary. I also love when Harry is trying to make his getaway and Cliff kicks the chair into is path.

The whole "Coach gives the signal scene:" Did you see me scratch my nose? Yeah, I saw that. I scratched it because it was itchy......Hey scintilating conversation.

My favorite Rebecca era show would probably be "The Death of Eddie Lebec" just for the funeral scene,

gguirao

[29]Feb 7, 2009
    • level: 23

I really enjoyed "How to Win Friends and Electrocute People", even just for the ending alone.

damanray

[30]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 9

I love an old fashioned wedding. They're all hilariously funny, brillant episode full of everything.

I also like Diane's perfect date, the word counting guy was just too funny.

Tirian62

[31]Dec 15, 2012

Diogo22 wrote:
    without a doubt "an old fashioned wedding (1 hour) farce at its best. it's the last episode of season 10

That is my favourite episode too.