Cheers Forums

NBC (ended 1993)

TV Land Schedule?

cycletourist

[1]Feb 11, 2006
    • level: 1
    Hello,

I've been watching Cheers on my local NBC affiliate (in Denver, Sun - Fri at 11:30 PM). Unfortunately, While NBC is covering the Olympics, Cheers is being preempted (until the 27th of Feb). I was severely bummed until I thought to look at the TV Land schedule.

What a treat. It's even on at the same time - most nights - so I won't have to do without my nightly Cheers fix.

The schedule has me a little confused, though.

On Wednesday Night Cheers doesn't air at 11:30 pm (all times are MST), but I can record it at 9:30 pm. I think I can remember to do that (11:30 is a good time for me to watch Cheers).

But now I see that on Monday and Friday, the 9:30 and 11:30 episodes are different - and they don't appear to be in sequence. Does TV Land run two separate threads, as it were?

How does the schedule work?

Is there a grid schedule for TV Land somewhere online? I can't find one.

Thanks
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cycletourist

[2]Feb 11, 2006
    ..... what's with the dates on these posts (1/25/2006 8:58 AM). I cold have sworn it was February. ?? And I also believe it is well past noon.

Is no one minding the store (tending the bar)?

Spartan2k88

[3]Feb 11, 2006
    • level: 32
    hmmm, here in Detroit they have Cheers on Tvland and WB. Cheers is on most nights @ 11:30 on tvland, although sometimes they'll have some kind of marathon that will throw it off. But that is the normal time. They have the schedule on tvland.com, i'd go look at that. And btw, since you live in Denver you must be a avalanche fan! Cause even here in detroit, im a huge Avs fan!! lol

cycletourist

[4]Feb 13, 2006
    Okay, I'm starting to sort of understand the TV Land schedule (sort of). It seems that they show more than one episode per day (most? days), so I'll have trouble keeping up with that - and then they toss in an older episode every once in a while (like this Tuesday night - 2/14 .... oh wait .... is that a supposed to be a Valentine's Day episode or something - "How Do I love Thee .... Let Me Call You Back?")

This is going to get complicated. I'll need to record some shows and then make a choice as to which one (if two in a day) I want to watch.

I can't wait until the Olympics are over so I can get back to one episode a night - at the same time (on the Denver NBC affiliate).

FrasierFreak264

[5]Feb 20, 2006
    • level: 6
    TV Land is really throwing things off here. They now air Cheers at all or any combination of the following times: 11:30 PM, 1:30 AM and 4:00 AM. Sometimes the episodes are repeated, sometimes they aren't. It doesn't make any sense.

I set my Tivo to record all of them and I was excited that I would finally have S8-11 on at least VHS because they have been airing the entire seasons. But then yesterday they skipped over the S9 premiere and decided to air the S8 finale 3 times. AARGGHH!!! What idiot is in charge of programming?

Spartan2k88

[6]Feb 21, 2006
    yeah, i've noticed that they've skipped "I on Sports" the last couple times...i wonder why

chipsaugratin

[7]Apr 21, 2009
    • level: 3
    Has it changed?
    Edited on 04/21/2009 2:46pm

HelloStuart

[8]Jun 23, 2009
    • level: 63
    chipsaugratin wrote:
    Has it changed?

I don't think "Cheers" repeats have aired on TV Land in maybe two years.

Spartan2k88

[9]Oct 14, 2009
    The Hallmark Channel bought the rights to the Cheers episodes a year or so ago when their contract with TVLand expired