Cheers Forums

NBC (ended 1993)

What's the first episode that you EVER saw?

  • Avatar of Chambers075

    Chambers075

    [1]Nov 8, 2005
    • member since: 07/06/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 103
    Mine ... it was ... a year ago? I was a HUGE fan of Olivia Newton-John, and still am, but more to the point. lol, I was flipping through the channels, and I saw Shelley Long. But I didn't know who she was, and it was the episode, 'One Last Fling.' < or something like that, when Diane pops out of that cake. I thought she looked like Olivia, so I kept it on. I never really watched it after that but then I turned on the tv a few months after i saw the first episode, and it was on again. so i started watching it and became in love with it. =]
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Spartan2k88

    Spartan2k88

    [2]Nov 8, 2005
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,010
    i couldnt even tell you...my parents, aunts, and uncles all watch it, so i guess i was sorta brought up with it
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Such_A_Diane

    Such_A_Diane

    [3]Nov 9, 2005
    • member since: 06/21/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 197
    Chambers075 wrote:
    Mine ... it was ... a year ago? I was a HUGE fan of Olivia Newton-John, and still am, but more to the point. lol, I was flipping through the channels, and I saw Shelley Long. But I didn't know who she was, and it was the episode, 'One Last Fling.' < or something like that, when Diane pops out of that cake. I thought she looked like Olivia, so I kept it on. I never really watched it after that but then I turned on the tv a few months after i saw the first episode, and it was on again. so i started watching it and became in love with it. =]


    I think she looks like ONJ too! Nobody else thinks this, but it's soooooooooo true.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [4]Nov 12, 2005
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,110
    The first episode I ever watched in its entirety was, oddly enough, Part 3 of "One for the Road."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sixgunsaint

    sixgunsaint

    [5]Nov 12, 2005
    • member since: 08/08/03
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 13
    Im sure it wasn't my first, but the earliest episode i remember watching was Woody's first appearance. I have this memory of me playing on the couches in the living room, bouncing on them and making a fort (I must have been around 7 or so) and watching TV. I remember seeing a black and white pic of Nicholas Colosanto and a voice saying he had passed away, and remembering how sad it was, because I did remember his character. Then I remember Woody coming into the bar, and for some reason I understood him to be Coach's nephew. Heh, took me 10 years to correct that one.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Wise_Crack

    Wise_Crack

    [6]Nov 13, 2005
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 605
    sigh, i cant remember. it was a looong time ago
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Such_A_Diane

    Such_A_Diane

    [7]Nov 13, 2005
    • member since: 06/21/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 197
    I can't remember the first time I ever saw it, but significantly I can remember watching an episode with Rebecca and then watching 'It takes two' and being like 'It's her!'. I remember properly seeing a Diane episode before that though, season 4 I think.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Zypherix

    Zypherix

    [8]Nov 15, 2005
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 416
    Tan n Wash (i think)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chipsaugratin

    chipsaugratin

    [9]Nov 21, 2005
    • member since: 11/22/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 147
    "Give Me A Ring Sometime" the pilot, on the night it premiered September 30, 1982. I was one of the few, since Cheers was the lowest-rated show that week. My vote didn't even matter, since Canada didn't count in Neilsen. But I knew it was a special show right away and I was loyal for 11 outstanding seasons.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Bad-Pun

    Bad-Pun

    [10]Nov 25, 2005
    • member since: 11/25/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 23
    ummmmmmmm one of the bar wars i think
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [11]Nov 28, 2005
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,110
    chipsaugratin wrote:
    "Give Me A Ring Sometime" the pilot, on the night it premiered September 30, 1982. I was one of the few, since Cheers was the lowest-rated show that week. My vote didn't even matter, since Canada didn't count in Neilsen. But I knew it was a special show right away and I was loyal for 11 outstanding seasons.


    That's so cool. By the way, they do keep track of ratings in Canada, though it only affects the American networks in terms of profits.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HField07

    HField07

    [12]Dec 17, 2005
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 46
    i saw the one with woody first meeting kelly and fighting nash
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SlayersCreek17

    SlayersCreek17

    [13]Dec 26, 2005
    • member since: 07/05/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 252
    Mine was the Thanksgiving episode where they all go over to Sam's appartment and they eat. Diane is in a pilgram suite, and Coach has recently passed away.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [14]Jan 1, 2006
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,110
    SlayersCreek17 wrote:
    Mine was the Thanksgiving episode where they all go over to Sam's appartment and they eat. Diane is in a pilgram suite, and Coach has recently passed away.


    I thought it was Carla's house. This episode actually aired 18 months after Coach's passing, though he is name-dropped in the episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Spartan2k88

    Spartan2k88

    [15]Jan 1, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,010
    HelloStuart wrote:
    SlayersCreek17 wrote:
    Mine was the Thanksgiving episode where they all go over to Sam's appartment and they eat. Diane is in a pilgram suite, and Coach has recently passed away.


    I thought it was Carla's house. This episode actually aired 18 months after Coach's passing, though he is name-dropped in the episode.


    yeah, its carla's house
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Such_A_Diane

    Such_A_Diane

    [16]Jan 2, 2006
    • member since: 06/21/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 197
    Oh, I love Thanksgiving orphans! I also love Chambers vs Malone.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Spartan2k88

    Spartan2k88

    [17]Jan 2, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,010
    Such_A_Diane wrote:
    Oh, I love Thanksgiving orphans! I also love Chambers vs Malone.


    Thanksgiving Orphans was good, but im not a fan of most of the Diane episodes
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Such_A_Diane

    Such_A_Diane

    [18]Jan 3, 2006
    • member since: 06/21/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 197
    Totally opposite to me then, how lurves them loads
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Spartan2k88

    Spartan2k88

    [19]Jan 4, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,010
    Such_A_Diane wrote:
    Totally opposite to me then, how lurves them loads


    i figured i'd draw an objection from one of the Diane people on here
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of schumway2

    schumway2

    [20]Feb 2, 2006
    • member since: 02/02/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4
    I'm sure I saw lots of episodes when I was really young but can't remember. The first I remember that's recent is the episode when the guy in the bar keeps telling Cliff to shut up. It was in season 2 I think and the guy really detests Cliff in the episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.