Chef! Forums

BBC (ended 1996)

Everton-Diamond In The Rough or Just Rough?

VerityJackson

[1]Dec 23, 2005
    • level: 28
    I dug Everton and felt protective of him from episode One, as I suspect we were supposed to feel.

Still, just because you aren't formally trained in the French techinque doesn't mean you can't come up with delicious, exquisite dishes.

I imagine Everton, though, taking over eventually from Gareth permanently. Maybe even having a side gig with frozen "gourmet" island-style dinners!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chaosrainz

[2]Feb 21, 2006
    • level: 17
    yeah. everton was kinda like a big puppy dog. lol
    i did feel they brought him along too quickly though in the first season only to not even make him sous chef. they kind of brought him on as this shining star and then let him languish in the background for comic relief and gareth's sounding board/friend.

VerityJackson

[3]Feb 21, 2006
    • level: 28
    I guess I was hoping for more of the mentoring that Gareth seemed to extend to Lucinda in Season One. After the episode where Everton gets the good reviews, it would've been interesting to see Gareth balance his ego as Chef de Cuisine and as being able to send out some of the finer chefs in Europe, as he seemed to feel in the early going- hence his reluctance to lose Lucinda.

There was a lot of stuff to mine, so I'm reasonably okay with the end of the show, but I can see paths that would've been fun to explore as well. *sigh*

chaosrainz

[4]Feb 22, 2006
    • level: 17
    true!
    i guess the show just didn't have time to live up to all the other avenues they could have taken.