Cheyenne

Wish You Were Here

Aired Wednesday 10:30 PM Jun 21, 2006 on MTV - Music Television

• Not a bad episode--we finally see some development in Cheyenne's career.

4.8
    I would have to say that this fourth episode of Cheyenne was actually watchable as we finally see some reason as to why Cheyenne is actually an up and coming star.

However, the episode had a shaky start as we see the Kimball family looking to rent a house in the Los Angeles suburbs and ended with Cheyenne cutting the first record of her album.

The mom (whatever her name is) was complaining about how much it cost to rent a home. Get real lady--you're in California and your daughter is going to be a rock star. Plus, you're clearly mooching off her as you have no job of your own and your wrestler husband is a personal trainer. Why don't you guys just buy a house? You'll get to deduct the interest on the mortgage. Oh that's right, you can't because your daughter hasn't brought in enough money yet and that's why you are now filming this "reality" show.

The Kimball family finally settles on a house and we then see Cheyenne making calls to her friends back in Texas. Cut to Cheyenne leaving a public speaking lesson where she meets another young, female singer and they slowly become friends throughout the episode.

Next, we see Cheyenne meet with some lame older, male singer with whom she is supposed to sing a duet. This dude is nasty and could not even sing. For being as old as he was, he surely could not write well.

Despite the mediocrity of the content of this episode, the show ended on a high note where we see Cheyenne laying down the vocals for her first single. She actually sounded very good. I was quite surprised.