We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Chicago Fire Community
Tuesday 10:00 PM on NBC

NBC got out the good-news stationary today and wrote up a trio of early renewals in preparation for the 2014–2015 TV season. So congratulations, Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D., and Grimm! You will be part of the NBC family again next year! (Or maybe we should offer condolences instead? J/K, NBC!) The network didn't announce specific episode counts, but it's a safe bet that all three shows will get full 22-episode seasons. 

Also confirmed as renewed is Parks and Recreation, which will head into its seventh season. I say "confirmed" because NBC president Bob Greenblatt told the assembled reporters at the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour in January that Parks and Recreation was renewed for a seventh season. But it's nice to see that it's in a press release now. 

Elsewhere, NBC has already renewed The Blacklist, The Voice, and Celebrity Apprentice. Still hoping for some good news are bubble shows CommunityDracula, Hannibal, Revolution, and The Biggest Loser, but I wouldn't expect any word on those until the Upfronts in May. And I expect word on most of those to be grim.

Next Episode

TONIGHT AT 10PM

Season 4 : Episode 21

89 Comments
Comments (89)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
So glad Chicago Fire renewing. One of my most favorites. Thanx for changing your minds.
Flag
Stationery. Not stationary.
Flag
So happy for Grimm!

I really hope they won't cancel Hannibal or Revolution!
Flag
Hope parenthood gets renewed. All I watch on NBC.
Flag
The only three shows on the network I watch and all three were renewed. Cool.
Flag
Community and Hannibal are always on "the bubble" and get renewed, I am less skeptical this year after they renewed both shows (in Communitys case, repeated renewal)
Flag
But would they really not renew Community or Hannibal, they're both terrific shows.
Flag
NBC.
Flag
Touche.
Flag
I had picked Chicago Fire to quickly get the axe in the Dead Watch when it had premiered. Never would have expected it to make a full season, much less reach a third and develop a spin off along the way.
Flag
I kinda love Chicago PD. I never got into Fire. But PD is my cup of tea :)
Flag
Good news.
Hopefully the bubble does not pop on Hannibal and Revolution.
Flag
Yeah for Grimm. Now I don't have to worry about that show anymore. Great news
Flag
Woot woot for Grimm!
Flag
NBC may have floundering comedies every year, but I give them props for creating some solid performing dramas for them!
Flag
What about Community?
Flag
PLEASE NBC RENEW HANNIBAL!!!!!!!!
Flag
Hureeee! Grimm!!...
wait, why is Hannibal in a bubble?..are they scared to renew it?
Flag
Because they give it such a lousy time slot. It's a great show with really excellent actors. Give it a chance.
Flag
Low ratings, they want to make sure it doesn't drop any further ): I hope it either stabilizes or goes up, but mostly goes up!
Flag
What about SVU?? Freakin out a lill
Flag
Probably just contract negotiation stuff! I wouldn't be too concerned!
Flag
YAY Grimm! Though not a surprise, happy it is confirmed...
Now just fingers crossed for Hannibal....
Flag
So glad Grimm, Chicago PD and Chicago Fire got renewed, love those shows! :)
Flag
Stationery*
Flag
Good news, we like Grimm and recently discovered the two Chicago shows (nearing the end of season one of fire after watching the pilot of PD first and enjoying it so much figured we should go back and watch fire first), hope Hannibal gets renewed I really like that as well :)
Flag
I don't know why I'm still watching Grimm.
Flag
Staff
AHEM. I see someone forgot to mention both Parenthood and About A Boy. What did Jason Katims ever do to you, Tim?
Flag
Just watched Episode 2 Season 2 of Hannibal. Or: Good Luck Sleeping Tonight, Nick. No show has ever made me sick the way this does does. I love it c:

and Community is totally coming back, not make me tell you six seasons and a movie.
Flag
Why is Hannibal not on HBO? Seriously, how did something so superbly suited for cable end up on NBC. If those idiots cancel it, I hope they realize they'll be cancelling one of the top 10 best shows on television. That is NOT how you grow your network.

And if they renew Revolution over it, I just might consider cannibalism. I wonder what kind of wine would go with an NBC executive?
Flag
RENEW COMMUNITY. THE SHOW GIVES ME LIFE.
Flag
Now I don't have to think of a comment about Community being renewed.
Flag
Meow Meow Beenz, yeah!
Flag
yay Grimm!!!
Flag
Still waiting for SVU, too. I'm counting on renewal. There would be a huge hole without it.
Flag
They only have one original cast member left.
Flag
The original L&O lasted 10 years after the last original cast member left and should have lasted a lot longer.
Flag
Yes, I mentioned this elsewhere on this thread.
Flag
Those three show renewals make me so happy!!!
But Hannibal is a bubble show? Its so awesome!!!!!!!
Flag
So happy for Grimm! One of my favorite shows!
Flag
I don't care about Chicago Fire or PD, but I am glad that Grimm will be returning. I look forward to learning more about the Wesen in the future.
Flag
Other way around for me. Chicago PD hooked me 2 years ago, and since Chicago PD coexists with it and stars Sophia Bush, I'm pretty much in it for the long haul. I don't know why, but I didn't make it past Grimm's 7th episode.
Flag
You do realize you repeated yourself there don't you?
Flag
It was a typo. I also realize you're smart enough to figure out that first instance was meant to be Fire since it's in its second season while PD started this year. Since we're unable to edit posts, you do realize it was dickish to point out the mistake, don't you?
Flag
You paste the new message and original. What confusing about that?
Flag
Pasting a new message would have been pointless and needlessly confusing. As previously stated, it's pretty obvious that it was a typo, and anyone familiar with the shows knows that Fire preceded PD, so a correction shouldn't have been necessary. Anyone who wasn't wouldn't have cared, but should've been able to figure it out with minimal effort. So I maintain that he was being dickish. And you... I don't know, were trying to White Knight, I guess? Good job. Take the criticism magnanimously or ignore it. ;)
Flag
You could have copied your original post and repasted it with corrections. If anybody's being dickish, it's you. Either take criticism magnanimously or ignore it.
Flag
Yeah, that's just unnecessary. Typo correctors are almost as bad as spelling correctors. And don't even get me started on grammar correctors.
Flag
PD/FD, is there really a difference between the two?
Flag
Technically, they both do. The cast of both shows have been making cameos fairly regularly, with Fire characters showing up in PD, and vice versa. I personally hope they continue to do so.
Flag
One has big red trucks, and the other doesn't.
Flag
It feels like NBC is becoming a little bit like the CW...(that felt long overdue in saying, and has been probably said many times before) :/
Flag
Actually this season, its FOX. NBC seems to have rebound with The Blacklist or whatever show is after The Voice. FOX on the other hand, Family Guy and The Simpsons are their best rated show. Their best rated drama is Bones and that show is already at its 9th season. FOX is in a grim position in terms of ratings. They would be glad to have Chicago Fire and Chicago PD in their show roster.
Flag
Yep, Fox and ABC are the ones struggling this season... Apart from the fiasco of comedy night (thursday), most nights NBC does OK this year and pretty good when The Voice is on...
Flag
Fox has been coasting on American Idol for years. Problem is, as AI implodes, it leaves a much larger hole in the schedule.
Flag
Great news for Chicago Fire and Grimm. I admit I am not that into Chicago PD yet. Hannibal is beautifully filmed, choreographed, acted, and written. The subject matter is probably what people find hard to deal with. The amount of time spent on the gore is really a lot less than other shows. I think banshee has a lot more gore and sex than Hannibal but cable can do things that networks cannot.
Flag
Yesss I love grimm
Flag
Great to also hear about NBC's new pickups including Dick Wolf's Chicago Animal Control, Chicago Street Sweepers, Chicago Water Works, Chicago Building Commission, and another vague mythology driven drama named "Calamity" that's destined for cancellation (i have a crystal ball).
Flag
Lol, The Good Wife is practically Chicago Law Firm. Wait that is from a different network. I miss ER. :(
Flag
And also of much better quality.
Flag
and don't forget the Supernatural spin-off,also in Chicago.While they are at it, they should revive The Dresden Files, which I just loved. also, it would make Obama so happy to know that so many series are happening in his home town (nudge, nudge).
Flag
So the future doesn't look so grim for Grimm!That's cool,more Grimm,more happy!!
Flag
is anybody even surprised by Grimm's renewal? I'm not.. but still glad. now just renew Community, and maybe Parenthood if you can clean up the mess you've made, and you'll have the only shows I watch on NBC still around (P&R being the other).
Flag
Staff
You mean NBC went ahead and served renewals for three scripted shows it owns but none for the scripted ones it doesn't? Shocking. ;) (It is a co-producer in Dracula but co-production wouldn't yield the direct profits that the other three would in syndication/streaming licenses.)
Flag
Yes, but NBC is not picking up the whole tab for Dracula so it makes it cheaper to produce. It has a great cast and the writing and viewership was improving toward the end of the season. I hope it gets another season. It might depend on how it did overseas.
Flag
Yay Grimm!

Now come on NBC, renew Hannibal so we can stay friends.
Flag
I don't like community but it'll get renewed. I am doubtful of revolution but not going to miss it. Yay for Grimm & the chicago series's.
Flag
Hannibal & Community are the only reasons I tune into NBC at all this year
Here's to hoping they eventually decide to make the right choice
Flag
Good news for Grimm... awesome news for the Chicagos.
Flag
Yay for GRIMM, now please move it to a decent night and off the graveyard shift
Flag
I think at least 50% of people who watch Grimm watch it next-day anyway, including myself. TVRatings once mentioned that Grimm was one of those shows that has a high second-day rate of viewing. Thankfully, it would appear NBC is counting Hulu and other commercialized online streaming (as they should) in their considerations. :)

Also, I second your YAY!
Flag
NBC isn't factoring next-day numbers very highly.

They aren't in the business of delivering entertainment programming to viewers, the way HBO is. They are in the business of delivering eyeballs to advertisers. People who watch next day skip the ads, and people who watch online get different ads. The networks' customers are not you, unless you are a major corporation that buys national advertising in your spare time. Advertisers don't care about people who watch the programs but don't see their ads.
Flag
I always figured they were in the business of making money. They make money from Hulu and NBC.com views, because ads do play. Not sure what kind of deal they have with Hulu... whether they get a big cut of the revenue, or they just sell the rights to stream, but online views definitely generate revenue for them (not only that, it's countable revenue), and therefore they should count.
Flag
They make a LOT less from NBC.com views, and they have to share the money that Hulu generates. Streaming may be (almost definitely is) the future, but RIGHT NOW, it's a tiny little drop in the bucket. Networks (and other broadcasters operate Internet presence not as a profit center, but to keep people from going to illegal sources for content from which they make no revenue at all.
Flag
sorry to shout but PLEASE RENEW HANNIBAL
Flag
I AGREE, IT'S TOTALLY AWESOME!
Flag
And they're gonna wait until the very, very, very last second to announce Community's fate, 'cause they know we hate that.
Flag
They'll think about whether any new show they have in development can draw more fans. Twice now, they've thought they did, and they were wrong both times. These are the people who bought Welcome to the Family, and Sean Saves the World, but fired Dan Harmon because his humor wasn't "broad" enough.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members