Chicago Fire

It Ain't Easy

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Dec 12, 2012 on NBC

• Best Episode Yet.

I thought this was the best episode of the season. Dealing with Vargas being placed on long term disability, watching him come back to the firehouse, and then almost killing himself was the most emotional I've gotten all season. I really hope they keep him on the show and deal with his struggles.

I thought Chief Boden was quite excellent this episode too, getting more screen time than usual. I was scared myself when he was screaming at Severide in his office. I'd like to see him give more intense speeches kind of like how Andre Braugher does.

I think think the story about the kid is kind of predictable. I figured he was living with some abusive person brain washing him. I hope they are able to settle that matter soon and get that kid safe. I'd like to see Herrmann change his mind that the only way for this kid to learn is to be thrown into the system, and take him under his wing and mentor him.

Enough with Severide's shoulder already. I'm glad people are saying something to him about it, but it something serious needs to happen or just let it heal.

-Mouch going struggling up the stairs was nice and subtle comedy in a very emotional episode.