Chicago Fire

Tuesday 10:00 PM on NBC Premiered Oct 10, 2012 Returning September 23, 2014

neomichel

Chicago Fire Fan Reviews (37)

7.3
  • Absolute Crap

Fire the writers on this show and get some real Firefighters to write for you.As a Firefighter with 25 yrs under my belt and 12 yrs as a Emt I found Chicago Fire Insulting.
  • Can I rate a negative?

I was really looking forward to this show, but what a disappointment. As a firefighter and academy instructor, and I would love to have a chat with the consultants on this show, they really dropped the ball. I realize it is television, but come on, let's try to be a little realistic. In the pilot alone they have broken every rule for firefighting, rescue and emergency medicine. I can accept some rule breaking, when the characters are engaging or the plot has me glued to the screen. But the plot and characters are so bad, I can't help but notice all the mistakes.

Oh, one other thing... who was the jagoff at Scott Health and Safety that authorized the use of those HUGE stupid looking fake SCBA masks?!?! That in itself was enough to make me throw up.
  • Wow Poor

Well just watch Chicago Fire, As a Fireman I saw so much wrong with this show. here's a few things. 1) Your in Chicago none of the actors had a Chicago accent. 2) You can't smoke on the job the Heart and Lung law I know the city would come down on it. Plus you got a chief in that firehouse who would have to act on it 3) At no time would a woman be allowed in the Mens locker room. 4) Plus when off duty I don't think i have ever seen a fireman dressing like a model. E-mail me if you need someone to consult for this show.. More to come after the next show. OneBadAxe
  • needs a lot of work

i was really looking forwarded to this new show about firefighters as a firefighter myself i was hoping it would be more enjoyably but as far as for the first show i have to say it sucked i know its tv but come on were there is fire the is always smoke in side the building and for the car crash you NEVER and i MEAN NEVER PULL THE PERSON OUT OF THE CAR with out a c collar and were was cspine for that all so and they are not called the jaws of life on the fire dept they are called the spreaders and you would also need the cutters to take a door off like like so for me and i know a lot of us firefighters this show sucked o and i am also in northern IL 45 min for Chicago and i know some Chicago fire fighters and they are not to happy with this show
  • More Drama than the Local Middle School

Way too much melodrama. And I should know, I have teenage daughters.
  • A clever title goes here!

Love the program, but why dose the music have to so over powering. please turn down the music, Idont think think it has to on all the time.
  • They Need Better Writers

2.5
    This show continues to be frustrating. The writers sprint through storylines which make no sense because they either drop them too quickly, such as dealing with a major car crash and before you even know if they rescued everyone, the guys are back at the fire station, or a major injury to one of the cast members, such as Shea nearly being killed when the ambulance is hit by a truck, yet the very next episode she's just fine, or they start a storyline, such as the young fire bug, find out it's an uncle causing problems, then for several episodes they ignore that storyline entirely, only to suddenly bring it back and deal with it by killing the No more fire bug storyline.

I'm sick to death of these writers who can't bring up a good storyline and finish it in a normal fashion. Come has major back surgery and by the next episode, it's been weeks later and he's up and running around? Give me a break.

There are TOO MANY personal dramas going on with the cast members and I'd rather see a rescue finished entirely before the guys head back to their home base.

By the way, this past week? They drive to a house which has collapsed. It is owned by a hoarder. The rescuse consists of two young people in the basement who had no business being there in the first place, and then it's DONE. Where was the owner? They never even looked for the hoarder? Didn't they think he might be stuck in the rubble? Nope, he isn't mentioned again.

There is no consistency to the storylines.

This show needs new writers and anyone who can't see that has no idea what they're talking about.
  • Save me now!

2.5
    I have to say I'm really disappointed in this show. I watched the first 2 episodes and expected them to be slightly slow as you need to uncover the characters. But since then the show has been slow and mundane. It seems to Have very little about firefighting and is just frankly boring now. I don't tune on to watch about someone's love life.
  • boring

We have seen it all before.
  • Boy, does this show try to be "Third Watch" or what?

I'm really at a loss of words. They pull the plug on Chicago Code, only to replace it with a mediocre fireman drama, in which the whole company looks like underwear models. I'll give it a few more episodes, but if it doesn't pick up soon, I'd rather watch my recordings of "Third Watch".
  • Disapppointing

For all you fireman, THIS IS TV. Please don't expect realism for a TV show. But I do agree that this show is lame - at least from the first episode. The characters are lame and the tiff between the two firefighters is childish. I'll give this show a few more watches but if it doesn't improve in the next two episodes, I'm gone. I love EMS, police dramas and was so looking forward to this one.

I realize I wrote this back in November but forgot to submit it. Since then I've stopped watching the show. Too much soap opera plots and pathetic personal tragedies. There are other shows more worthy of my time.
  • Mindless Television - And that's not a bad thing!

If you're a fan of Jesse Spencer (House) or Lauren German's (Hawaii 5-0) previous projects, then you will find yourself right at home in this firehouse procedural. Don't expect things to make sense or be by the book. Instead, just sit back, suspend disbelief, and enjoy this show for what it is: a babe watch surrounded by fire. And what a beautiful array of eye candy it is.

Is there more to the show than this? Of course, but you have to allow yourself to get past the superficial overtones to get to the meaty undertones. The story of injuries, death, brotherhood, and ultimately, the reason why people would be in this line of work is quite compelling in the way that any procedural is... it unfolds its message and story just a little at a time, never revealing too much too soon, and for some, this may mean that it's going too slow. For others, it just means that it's going to be a painful wait for the next episode to find out more.

If you're looking for Emmy nominations, this is not the show for you. If you're looking for something to enjoy and kill an hour with, go for it. Give it a shot. It might light your fires, or it may put it out. It's definitely not a show for everybody, but I know I'll be tuning in next week.
  • It might never be great, but...

Approaching the midway point of season 2, Chicago Fire is becoming less and less of a guilty pleasure.

Comparisons to 'Third Watch' were easy to make from the very start but the complete lack of grit and unlike New York, not actually using Chicago as a "character" completely changes the feel of the show. But, it's slowly finding some solid footing. The prime time soap factor though will always remain so long as they keep the drama levels where they are. Personally, I don't think they're necessary.

As a device, I like the evil bean counter. She's allowed the show to explore Boden's character, bring Benny back and in turn advance his relationship with Severide and now half sister (which is great) as well as further the dynamic of the how and loyalty shown by the crew to their chief. I don't much care for this threat of doom over closing down 51 because there's zero chance that's actually going to happen. Dangle the possibility of Boden being pushed problem. But shutting down the entire .

Chicago Fire might now, and likely will not ever be Third Watch, but it's still good quality popcorn fun.

• Enjoyed it so far...

Watched the series so far in two days, and enjoyed characters are easy to like and care for right from the start and the stories are not to over how accurate it is to actual fire fighters work so cant really say anything about that.
  • Hollywood gone awry

While I do like the show, and the plots associated with it, I am very disappointed at the lack of accuracy on the procedures that the firefighters and EMS workers perform. For example, nobody in the EMS field calls the ambulance an Also, in the show where the construction workers were trapped, real firefighters would now have slid down firehose to reach them. In the episide that showed a little girl in the back seat, with a head injury and possible neck injury, I just about crapped myself when the medic said "turn your head to look at me!"

You can still have a great show if you strive for realism in what we as firefighters and EMS workers do.
  • (minimum of 5 characters I'll show you)

meh.................... lets just say that I wouldn't dispair if this show was taken off the air!!!!!!
  • May as well order season 3

Best show to come out in a long time.

Drama (tick)

Fire (tick)

This show lives upto the name!
  • Shay's pregnancy

I'm tired of popular TV shows glorifying women having out of wedlock babies. In the US, 48% of children are born that way. No one can argue that that is a benefit to society. Indeed, most criminals in prison were raised in fatherless homes. That Severeid was eager to be a sperm donor for this is baffling considering that Shay could later go after him for support.

Speaking of prison, the last episode had that PC Dick Wold touch. Although 80% of the violent crime in Chicago is committed by blacks, at least 90% of the prisoners were white.
  • chicago fire haters

Yes it is tv but when you put that many people together there will be drama it just human nature. Alot of it isnt as extreme as on tv but it does happen love the show
  • Made for tv

Do not watch this show if you are expecting by the book scenerios! Its tv, people! Made to enjoy. I like it. The characters are great. Love that its in Chicago! Plot lines could use some work! Give this show a chance!
  • Excellent!

this is a most wonderful show but it is time to dump the vindictive lady who is trying to shut down house 51 - she is real nasty and seems to have it in for this particular house and it is probably because they stand up to her nonsense. i say go forth and have many more seasons. this is by far one of the best programs on television with lots of drama which no doubt plays out with real fire fighters anyway. keep the shows coming and dump the vindictive witch forever - she has lost. let the show proceed without her forever.
  • Yippie I found a show I can watch

It has taken a long time to find anything decent on TV. I really really like Chicago fire. The drama, excitement, everything. One thing, does she have to sleep with everybody on the show? Please girl. Mike Mills character is cute. Yes dude, shes using you. I thought Kelly was a creep, but he has some endearing qualities. I like Chicago Fire so much I was thinking of offering to make food for the local firemen in my neighborhood. It seems you all are always eating, hahaha. What happened to Mike Mills family- Mother and Sister. I like you all. Fire chief, maouch, ever Shay everyone. And they have the best fire chief on the squad. Fight for your job Chief. .
  • A Coffin that Small

This was one of the best episodes I've seen so far. I was in tears watching the final scenes. A mother grieving for her son thanking the neighborhood fire house for their service to the a powerful statement! And the statement that the firehouse sent to the community was outstanding! This is a good show and I enjoy watching! Keep up the good work!
  • A coffin that small.

I thought the show was great best episode I've seen thus for,

Keep up the great work NBC:-)
  • A coffin that small

I love "Chicago The series is one of my favorites and a most watch for me on Wednesday. The episode "A Coffin that Small" had me in tears. It touched on so many human emotions such as family relationships, peer relations, love interest, death, community, and insecurity at work when your trying to "fit in" and make a name for yourself. It's a whirlwind, I enjoy being caught in for an hour. The cast is phenomenal, the writing superb, the directing stupendous. Take a bow!
  • great show!!!

This is a true show that show how firefighter everywhere actually do. I meet my wife when we where both firefighter. The up and down battles in the firehouse is just the same. so all in all i would say it need to stay on the air.
  • Excellent

This show is by far the best show I have seen in a long time. My whole family loves to watch. Keeps you involved and wouldn't miss an episode.
  • Riveting

I never miss an episode!
  • Team Matthew Szabo

Chicago Fire is the best show it was a good season this year we going be anther season its season 2 of Chicago Fire something went well keep up the good work and keep the support
    I love this show! Chicago fire is amazing. The actors are great and perfectly suited for each role and the writing is incredible. In the episode 'A Coffin that Small' I really thought that it was a great episode. The thought process behind it was amazing and to see them lined up saluting the family of the boy, brought tears to my eyes! As well as seeing the professional side of them, we also see the personal side of each character and I think it is a great way for the audience to see each one of them personally. I think the actors fit the characters perfectly and I think Chicago Fire should be aired for many seasons to come! It has had 6.3 million viewers so surely that is saying something. I miss it just waiting for next weeks episode. I love Chicago Fire and it is the best show around!
< 1 2