Chicago Fire

Tuesday 10:00 PM on NBC Premiered Oct 10, 2012 Returning October 11, 2016

imoth

Chicago Fire Fan Reviews (59)

6.9
  • Wow Poor

Well just watch Chicago Fire, As a Fireman I saw so much wrong with this show. here's a few things. 1) Your in Chicago none of the actors had a Chicago accent. 2) You can't smoke on the job the Heart and Lung law I know the city would come down on it. Plus you got a chief in that firehouse who would have to act on it 3) At no time would a woman be allowed in the Mens locker room. 4) Plus when off duty I don't think i have ever seen a fireman dressing like a model. E-mail me if you need someone to consult for this show.. More to come after the next show. OneBadAxe
  • needs a lot of work

i was really looking forwarded to this new show about firefighters as a firefighter myself i was hoping it would be more enjoyably but as far as for the first show i have to say it sucked i know its tv but come on were there is fire the is always smoke in side the building and for the car crash you NEVER and i MEAN NEVER PULL THE PERSON OUT OF THE CAR with out a c collar and were was cspine for that all so and they are not called the jaws of life on the fire dept they are called the spreaders and you would also need the cutters to take a door off like like so for me and i know a lot of us firefighters this show sucked o and i am also in northern IL 45 min for Chicago and i know some Chicago fire fighters and they are not to happy with this show
  • Can I rate a negative?

I was really looking forward to this show, but what a disappointment. As a firefighter and academy instructor, and I would love to have a chat with the consultants on this show, they really dropped the ball. I realize it is television, but come on, let's try to be a little realistic. In the pilot alone they have broken every rule for firefighting, rescue and emergency medicine. I can accept some rule breaking, when the characters are engaging or the plot has me glued to the screen. But the plot and characters are so bad, I can't help but notice all the mistakes.

Oh, one other thing... who was the jagoff at Scott Health and Safety that authorized the use of those HUGE stupid looking fake SCBA masks?!?! That in itself was enough to make me throw up.
  • Save me now!

2.5
    I have to say I'm really disappointed in this show. I watched the first 2 episodes and expected them to be slightly slow as you need to uncover the characters. But since then the show has been slow and mundane. It seems to Have very little about firefighting and is just frankly boring now. I don't tune on to watch about someone's love life.
  • Ruining the show!

They never should have made Dawson a firefighter! She is unrealistic and terrible. Please have something happen to make her go back to the Medic Unit.
  • Absolute Crap

Fire the writers on this show and get some real Firefighters to write for you.As a Firefighter with 25 yrs under my belt and 12 yrs as a Emt I found Chicago Fire Insulting.
  • Boy, does this show try to be "Third Watch" or what?

I'm really at a loss of words. They pull the plug on Chicago Code, only to replace it with a mediocre fireman drama, in which the whole company looks like underwear models. I'll give it a few more episodes, but if it doesn't pick up soon, I'd rather watch my recordings of "Third Watch".
  • Fantastic Show

I really enjoy this show and Chicago PD i love the cast and crew and find the episodes quit enjoyable and funny. cant wait for the new season thumbs up.
  • awesome show

Love the story lines and all the drama that the show expresses. The actors all do a awesome job representing the characters they play. Hope this series is on for many more seasons.
  • woooooow

love the show
  • Great Show To Watch!

I really enjoy watching this show, alot of suspense ! Hope that they stick around for more seasons !
  • A Coffin that Small

This was one of the best episodes I've seen so far. I was in tears watching the final scenes. A mother grieving for her son thanking the neighborhood fire house for their service to the a powerful statement! And the statement that the firehouse sent to the community was outstanding! This is a good show and I enjoy watching! Keep up the good work!
  • (minimum of 5 characters I'll show you)

meh.................... lets just say that I wouldn't dispair if this show was taken off the air!!!!!!
  • More Drama than the Local Middle School

Way too much melodrama. And I should know, I have teenage daughters.
  • Chicago Fire is the Best!!!!!

I love love this is so well characters are play off one another so well. I cannot wait until it comes on every week.
  • A coffin that small.

I thought the show was great best episode I've seen thus for,

Keep up the great work NBC:-)
  • Great show!

As I have been a first responder for over 12 years I really get into this show as well as PD and Med. Some of the story lines are taxing but they definitely feel the pulse of first responders. I will say that it is not uncommon for the higher ups to pick on certain departments or officers and make it a mission to "get" the officers. Some of the stories are far out and should reign it in a bit but its still fun.

Killing off Shea was not needed at all but as the show progresses I understand it.

Mills all I can say is thank you for getting him out! His character was a whiny and drove me crazy.

Gabby, yes they should shift the focus off of her for a while to give us a break. Her character always overreacts to even the smallest things. This season hasn't been as over the top so it is getting better.

As far as the rest of the cast, they are eclectic and definitely mirror several people I have worked with in the past and present.
  • i watch it every week

I like the show. I just wished shea hadn't of been killed off. And What happened to mill's??
  • May as well order season 3

Best show to come out in a long time.

Drama (tick)

Fire (tick)

This show lives upto the name!
  • Why it's sometimes very hard to watch...

This is actually a great and interesting show. It has even greater potential and it is really nice to know the "Chicago" theme is now a trilogy. a writer or a someone in charge--please,oh,please, do something about the Gabriela/Gabby situation? This is not a good character. The actor overplays it seriously. She reminds me of a first time on stage high schooler. One of the writers must have a serious crush on this girl. She is in the forefront constantly. The miscarriage -due-to-job-stress story line was massively overworked. Enough already!! Move on,please! I have to press the mute button on all of her scenes, The other characters deserve their time. Perhaps "Gabby" could move on,as well.
  • It might never be great, but...

Approaching the midway point of season 2, Chicago Fire is becoming less and less of a guilty pleasure.

Comparisons to 'Third Watch' were easy to make from the very start but the complete lack of grit and unlike New York, not actually using Chicago as a "character" completely changes the feel of the show. But, it's slowly finding some solid footing. The prime time soap factor though will always remain so long as they keep the drama levels where they are. Personally, I don't think they're necessary.

As a device, I like the evil bean counter. She's allowed the show to explore Boden's character, bring Benny back and in turn advance his relationship with Severide and now half sister (which is great) as well as further the dynamic of the how and loyalty shown by the crew to their chief. I don't much care for this threat of doom over closing down 51 because there's zero chance that's actually going to happen. Dangle the possibility of Boden being pushed problem. But shutting down the entire .

Chicago Fire might now, and likely will not ever be Third Watch, but it's still good quality popcorn fun.

• Enjoyed it so far...

Watched the series so far in two days, and enjoyed characters are easy to like and care for right from the start and the stories are not to over how accurate it is to actual fire fighters work so cant really say anything about that.
  • Hollywood gone awry

While I do like the show, and the plots associated with it, I am very disappointed at the lack of accuracy on the procedures that the firefighters and EMS workers perform. For example, nobody in the EMS field calls the ambulance an Also, in the show where the construction workers were trapped, real firefighters would now have slid down firehose to reach them. In the episide that showed a little girl in the back seat, with a head injury and possible neck injury, I just about crapped myself when the medic said "turn your head to look at me!"

You can still have a great show if you strive for realism in what we as firefighters and EMS workers do.
  • Mindless Television - And that's not a bad thing!

If you're a fan of Jesse Spencer (House) or Lauren German's (Hawaii 5-0) previous projects, then you will find yourself right at home in this firehouse procedural. Don't expect things to make sense or be by the book. Instead, just sit back, suspend disbelief, and enjoy this show for what it is: a babe watch surrounded by fire. And what a beautiful array of eye candy it is.

Is there more to the show than this? Of course, but you have to allow yourself to get past the superficial overtones to get to the meaty undertones. The story of injuries, death, brotherhood, and ultimately, the reason why people would be in this line of work is quite compelling in the way that any procedural is... it unfolds its message and story just a little at a time, never revealing too much too soon, and for some, this may mean that it's going too slow. For others, it just means that it's going to be a painful wait for the next episode to find out more.

If you're looking for Emmy nominations, this is not the show for you. If you're looking for something to enjoy and kill an hour with, go for it. Give it a shot. It might light your fires, or it may put it out. It's definitely not a show for everybody, but I know I'll be tuning in next week.
  • They Need Better Writers

2.5
    This show continues to be frustrating. The writers sprint through storylines which make no sense because they either drop them too quickly, such as dealing with a major car crash and before you even know if they rescued everyone, the guys are back at the fire station, or a major injury to one of the cast members, such as Shea nearly being killed when the ambulance is hit by a truck, yet the very next episode she's just fine, or they start a storyline, such as the young fire bug, find out it's an uncle causing problems, then for several episodes they ignore that storyline entirely, only to suddenly bring it back and deal with it by killing the No more fire bug storyline.

I'm sick to death of these writers who can't bring up a good storyline and finish it in a normal fashion. Come has major back surgery and by the next episode, it's been weeks later and he's up and running around? Give me a break.

There are TOO MANY personal dramas going on with the cast members and I'd rather see a rescue finished entirely before the guys head back to their home base.

By the way, this past week? They drive to a house which has collapsed. It is owned by a hoarder. The rescuse consists of two young people in the basement who had no business being there in the first place, and then it's DONE. Where was the owner? They never even looked for the hoarder? Didn't they think he might be stuck in the rubble? Nope, he isn't mentioned again.

There is no consistency to the storylines.

This show needs new writers and anyone who can't see that has no idea what they're talking about.
  • I love it ,watching the last season dont want it to get over

I just love the way the whole house 51 stays together nd stands for each other no matter what or how big the problem is and they always stand for the good and the right

Best serial ever made.

Waiting for the next season
  • when will they return?

what happened to the rest of Chicago med? and fire, it stop in February and not been back. Chicago is back this week is it just a couple of weeks week?
  • Best show

The Characters feel alive, I feel connected emotionally, and awesome action scenes. Yet the the first season feels like a warm up and gets really boring in the first 10 episodes.
  • A coffin that small

I love "Chicago The series is one of my favorites and a most watch for me on Wednesday. The episode "A Coffin that Small" had me in tears. It touched on so many human emotions such as family relationships, peer relations, love interest, death, community, and insecurity at work when your trying to "fit in" and make a name for yourself. It's a whirlwind, I enjoy being caught in for an hour. The cast is phenomenal, the writing superb, the directing stupendous. Take a bow!
  • boring

We have seen it all before.
< 1 2