Chicago Fire

Tuesday 10:00 PM on NBC Premiered Oct 10, 2012 In Season

neomichel

Chicago Fire Fan Reviews (39)

7.3
  • Wow Poor

Well just watch Chicago Fire, As a Fireman I saw so much wrong with this show. here's a few things. 1) Your in Chicago none of the actors had a Chicago accent. 2) You can't smoke on the job the Heart and Lung law I know the city would come down on it. Plus you got a chief in that firehouse who would have to act on it 3) At no time would a woman be allowed in the Mens locker room. 4) Plus when off duty I don't think i have ever seen a fireman dressing like a model. E-mail me if you need someone to consult for this show.. More to come after the next show. OneBadAxe
  • needs a lot of work

i was really looking forwarded to this new show about firefighters as a firefighter myself i was hoping it would be more enjoyably but as far as for the first show i have to say it sucked i know its tv but come on were there is fire the is always smoke in side the building and for the car crash you NEVER and i MEAN NEVER PULL THE PERSON OUT OF THE CAR with out a c collar and were was cspine for that all so and they are not called the jaws of life on the fire dept they are called the spreaders and you would also need the cutters to take a door off like like so for me and i know a lot of us firefighters this show sucked o and i am also in northern IL 45 min for Chicago and i know some Chicago fire fighters and they are not to happy with this show
  • Can I rate a negative?

I was really looking forward to this show, but what a disappointment. As a firefighter and academy instructor, and I would love to have a chat with the consultants on this show, they really dropped the ball. I realize it is television, but come on, let's try to be a little realistic. In the pilot alone they have broken every rule for firefighting, rescue and emergency medicine. I can accept some rule breaking, when the characters are engaging or the plot has me glued to the screen. But the plot and characters are so bad, I can't help but notice all the mistakes.

Oh, one other thing... who was the jagoff at Scott Health and Safety that authorized the use of those HUGE stupid looking fake SCBA masks?!?! That in itself was enough to make me throw up.
  • Save me now!

2.5
    I have to say I'm really disappointed in this show. I watched the first 2 episodes and expected them to be slightly slow as you need to uncover the characters. But since then the show has been slow and mundane. It seems to Have very little about firefighting and is just frankly boring now. I don't tune on to watch about someone's love life.
  • Absolute Crap

Fire the writers on this show and get some real Firefighters to write for you.As a Firefighter with 25 yrs under my belt and 12 yrs as a Emt I found Chicago Fire Insulting.
  • Boy, does this show try to be "Third Watch" or what?

I'm really at a loss of words. They pull the plug on Chicago Code, only to replace it with a mediocre fireman drama, in which the whole company looks like underwear models. I'll give it a few more episodes, but if it doesn't pick up soon, I'd rather watch my recordings of "Third Watch".
  • woooooow

love the show
  • A Coffin that Small

This was one of the best episodes I've seen so far. I was in tears watching the final scenes. A mother grieving for her son thanking the neighborhood fire house for their service to the a powerful statement! And the statement that the firehouse sent to the community was outstanding! This is a good show and I enjoy watching! Keep up the good work!
  • (minimum of 5 characters I'll show you)

meh.................... lets just say that I wouldn't dispair if this show was taken off the air!!!!!!
  • More Drama than the Local Middle School

Way too much melodrama. And I should know, I have teenage daughters.
  • A coffin that small.

I thought the show was great best episode I've seen thus for,

Keep up the great work NBC:-)
  • May as well order season 3

Best show to come out in a long time.

Drama (tick)

Fire (tick)

This show lives upto the name!
  • Enjoyed it so far...

Watched the series so far in two days, and enjoyed characters are easy to like and care for right from the start and the stories are not to over how accurate it is to actual fire fighters work so cant really say anything about that.
  • Hollywood gone awry

While I do like the show, and the plots associated with it, I am very disappointed at the lack of accuracy on the procedures that the firefighters and EMS workers perform. For example, nobody in the EMS field calls the ambulance an Also, in the show where the construction workers were trapped, real firefighters would now have slid down firehose to reach them. In the episide that showed a little girl in the back seat, with a head injury and possible neck injury, I just about crapped myself when the medic said "turn your head to look at me!"

You can still have a great show if you strive for realism in what we as firefighters and EMS workers do.
  • Mindless Television - And that's not a bad thing!

If you're a fan of Jesse Spencer (House) or Lauren German's (Hawaii 5-0) previous projects, then you will find yourself right at home in this firehouse procedural. Don't expect things to make sense or be by the book. Instead, just sit back, suspend disbelief, and enjoy this show for what it is: a babe watch surrounded by fire. And what a beautiful array of eye candy it is.

Is there more to the show than this? Of course, but you have to allow yourself to get past the superficial overtones to get to the meaty undertones. The story of injuries, death, brotherhood, and ultimately, the reason why people would be in this line of work is quite compelling in the way that any procedural is... it unfolds its message and story just a little at a time, never revealing too much too soon, and for some, this may mean that it's going too slow. For others, it just means that it's going to be a painful wait for the next episode to find out more.

If you're looking for Emmy nominations, this is not the show for you. If you're looking for something to enjoy and kill an hour with, go for it. Give it a shot. It might light your fires, or it may put it out. It's definitely not a show for everybody, but I know I'll be tuning in next week.
  • They Need Better Writers

2.5
    This show continues to be frustrating. The writers sprint through storylines which make no sense because they either drop them too quickly, such as dealing with a major car crash and before you even know if they rescued everyone, the guys are back at the fire station, or a major injury to one of the cast members, such as Shea nearly being killed when the ambulance is hit by a truck, yet the very next episode she's just fine, or they start a storyline, such as the young fire bug, find out it's an uncle causing problems, then for several episodes they ignore that storyline entirely, only to suddenly bring it back and deal with it by killing the No more fire bug storyline.

I'm sick to death of these writers who can't bring up a good storyline and finish it in a normal fashion. Come has major back surgery and by the next episode, it's been weeks later and he's up and running around? Give me a break.

There are TOO MANY personal dramas going on with the cast members and I'd rather see a rescue finished entirely before the guys head back to their home base.

By the way, this past week? They drive to a house which has collapsed. It is owned by a hoarder. The rescuse consists of two young people in the basement who had no business being there in the first place, and then it's DONE. Where was the owner? They never even looked for the hoarder? Didn't they think he might be stuck in the rubble? Nope, he isn't mentioned again.

There is no consistency to the storylines.

This show needs new writers and anyone who can't see that has no idea what they're talking about.
  • Chicago Fire is the Best!!!!!

I love love this is so well characters are play off one another so well. I cannot wait until it comes on every week.
  • Best show

The Characters feel alive, I feel connected emotionally, and awesome action scenes. Yet the the first season feels like a warm up and gets really boring in the first 10 episodes.
  • A coffin that small

I love "Chicago The series is one of my favorites and a most watch for me on Wednesday. The episode "A Coffin that Small" had me in tears. It touched on so many human emotions such as family relationships, peer relations, love interest, death, community, and insecurity at work when your trying to "fit in" and make a name for yourself. It's a whirlwind, I enjoy being caught in for an hour. The cast is phenomenal, the writing superb, the directing stupendous. Take a bow!
  • It might never be great, but...

Approaching the midway point of season 2, Chicago Fire is becoming less and less of a guilty pleasure.

Comparisons to 'Third Watch' were easy to make from the very start but the complete lack of grit and unlike New York, not actually using Chicago as a "character" completely changes the feel of the show. But, it's slowly finding some solid footing. The prime time soap factor though will always remain so long as they keep the drama levels where they are. Personally, I don't think they're necessary.

As a device, I like the evil bean counter. She's allowed the show to explore Boden's character, bring Benny back and in turn advance his relationship with Severide and now half sister (which is great) as well as further the dynamic of the how and loyalty shown by the crew to their chief. I don't much care for this threat of doom over closing down 51 because there's zero chance that's actually going to happen. Dangle the possibility of Boden being pushed problem. But shutting down the entire .

Chicago Fire might now, and likely will not ever be Third Watch, but it's still good quality popcorn fun.

• boring

We have seen it all before.
  • A clever title goes here!

Love the program, but why dose the music have to so over powering. please turn down the music, Idont think think it has to on all the time.
  • O MELHOR SERIADO DE TODOS OS TEMPOS !

Chicago Fire simplesmente um dos melhores seriados que tem, ali esto grandes atores e atrizes. Muita ao, Drama e Romance tornam o seriado ainda melhor ! Tem gente que no sabe o que falar, ento fala besteira. Vocs so os melhores e assim como " TWO AND HALF MEN " , espero que venha mais umas 10 temporadas ! Amo vocs, Chicago Fire !
  • Enjoyable Show

I was reluctant to give it a shot after having read many not too promising reviews, but I must admit I was hooked after episode two. The pilot was a little all over the place, yet this happens with many new shows and with Chicago Fire there are a lot of characters to introduce. I really like Jesse Spencer in his role as a firefighter and I am really glad that they made Lauren German's character gay as I couldn't stand her in her role as McGarrett's love interest in Hawaii-Five-O. I'm getting on the truck with Chicago Fire and hope that it won't get axed any time soon.
  • Good start so far!

This show is good so it will get even better
  • Riveting

I never miss an episode!
  • Best ......

From reviews of pilot , I was taken aback but took time to watch 1-2 episodes and now its top of fav8 list. Forget reviews, critics n watch, waiting for the 13 th episode. I hope NBC keeps it for next season will miss some good tv. Love it.
  • chicago fire haters

Yes it is tv but when you put that many people together there will be drama it just human nature. Alot of it isnt as extreme as on tv but it does happen love the show
  • Excellent

This show is by far the best show I have seen in a long time. My whole family loves to watch. Keeps you involved and wouldn't miss an episode.
  • Chicago fire PROMOS Vist Youtube/PreviewLoop