Chicago Fire

Tuesday 10:00 PM on NBC Premiered Oct 10, 2012 Returning September 23, 2014

neomichel

Chicago Fire Fan Reviews (37)

7.3
  • It might never be great, but...

Approaching the midway point of season 2, Chicago Fire is becoming less and less of a guilty pleasure.

Comparisons to 'Third Watch' were easy to make from the very start but the complete lack of grit and unlike New York, not actually using Chicago as a "character" completely changes the feel of the show. But, it's slowly finding some solid footing. The prime time soap factor though will always remain so long as they keep the drama levels where they are. Personally, I don't think they're necessary.

As a device, I like the evil bean counter. She's allowed the show to explore Boden's character, bring Benny back and in turn advance his relationship with Severide and now half sister (which is great) as well as further the dynamic of the how and loyalty shown by the crew to their chief. I don't much care for this threat of doom over closing down 51 because there's zero chance that's actually going to happen. Dangle the possibility of Boden being pushed problem. But shutting down the entire .

Chicago Fire might now, and likely will not ever be Third Watch, but it's still good quality popcorn fun.