Chicago P.D. Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on NBCIn Season

How well do YOU think that "Chicago P.D." will do?

How well will "Chicago P.D." do?

modernfamily120

[1]Aug 6, 2013
    • level: 20

How well do you think that this show will do? It's a spin-off of Chicago Fire, which did well last year, but it has only gone one season so far. Will this show be successful as well? Or is it too soon? Tell me what you think by voting in the poll and/or replying to this post.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

modernfamily120

[2]Sep 8, 2013
    • level: 20

I think that this show will start in late February/early March replacing Ironside. I think that it will end up being canceled in May.

zookpr

[3]Sep 23, 2013
    • level: 5

I'm not even keen to watch it. I don't get how the main character (Jason Beghe) can go from being so evil and nasty to Casey and Halli, even going so far as to offer 2 million to KILL him, to being the main character of this show. He had no redeeming qualities in Chicago Fire and I can't see how he could get away with all that he did without being severely punished. I like my main character to be a hero, even an antihero like Dexter, but not a complete evil a-hole.

Edited on 09/23/2013 9:46pm

zookpr

[4]Sep 25, 2013
    • level: 5
    Though in saying this I am only up to episode 14 of Season 1 so far...

mrivera

[5]Jan 9, 2014
    • level: 10

Depends. If it's anything like Chicago Fire, it will do great. If it's like Dick Wolf's Law and Order franchise where even in cities like NY where 3/4 of the actual violent crime is committed by blacks but on the show 99% is committed by white rich/conservative/Christian males, it will bomb.

haldrey

[6]Jan 12, 2014
    • level: 22
    I was quite surprised of how good this first episode was. It helped that they do not have to spend one episode introducing characters and went straight to the good stuff. I hope that it last at least the same as Chicago Fire which is still going strong against all odds and the wish of many.

bobjames5

[7]Jan 15, 2014
    • level: 1
    zookpr wrote:

I don't get how the main character (Jason Beghe) can go from being so evil and nasty to Casey and Halli, even going so far as to offer 2 million to KILL him, to being the main character of this show. He had no redeeming qualities in Chicago Fire and I can't see how he could get away with all that he did without being severely punished. I like my main character to be a hero, even an antihero like Dexter, but not a complete evil a-hole.

Totally agree!!

watcher1006

[8]Feb 27, 2014
    • level: 10

I've watched some episodes of this show but I can't get into it. Sorry, but it's just too ugly. We're supposed to take as sympathetic protagonists these cops who do their job by going rogue and bust the rules. This is what Dick Wolf's shows have come to? For all the criticism one can direct at the old original Law & Order it can definitely be said that the theme was constant of how the whole criminal justice system was constrained by the Constitution and by the laws on the books. This show seems to throw all that out the window, and doesn't even ask whether that's a good thing or not.

Yaspaa

[9]Mar 24, 2014
    • level: 79
    Couldn't disagree more, Law and Order had its day, are we supposed to have the same thing all over again? Cops are people, some are better than others, some are dirty, this is a fact.

webe123

[10]May 25, 2014
    • level: 4
    Yaspaa wrote:
    Couldn't disagree more, Law and Order had its day, are we supposed to have the same thing all over again? Cops are people, some are better than others, some are dirty, this is a fact.

Sorry, but this is a COP SHOW we are talking about!

We are not talking about a mob TV show....which this would fit nicely into, since these cops are no better or worse than the mob! Face it, it is COMPLETELY STUPID to think that real cops could get away with this! Murder, torture...anything goes? Really? How stupid do you have to be to think real cops could get away with this type of behavior? Even if they wanted to...there are too many checks and balances...but this idiotic show throws the rules about law and order and the constitution right out the window! No if it bites the dust it is because they tried to make cops into mobsters basically....which is a pretty stupid concept to begin with!