Chicago P.D.

Wednesday 10:00 PM on NBC Premiered Jan 08, 2014 Returning Fall 2014

BrendanMurphy1

Chicago P.D. Fan Reviews (11)

6.6
  • My sexy older white guy

I love this show. My favorite person on the show is Hank Voight. He's the reason I watch. Let's not leave out his sexy voice. When I was younger, I'm 41 now he played on this football show.
  • Gritty -- best one-word description

More than any other network cop show, this one gives a true picture of what it means to bust a door on bad guys. Also, sometimes those get away when they run.

I, too, was sucked in by the SVU Crossover episode; and the appearance by Sophia on Late Night.

But the pedigree on this is righteous -- same as all the Law & Order franchisees.

Production values are superb. Where do they get those overhead shots? Wow!

NBC -- Please keep these coming!
  • Some series to see when you are waiting

it's not a great show but it's not bad, it's the kind of series we watch when we are waiting for our favorite serie.

The serie have some lack's, but in general brings a solid story, with some good roles, but something is missing, the sound it's not great and that don't help in the final review.

But like i said it's the kind of series you will always be watching like the second one.
  • MARCH 5, 2014

Love the show, however if the volume of that weird music is not lower or eliminated, I will find and other programe to watch on a Wednesday nite at 10pm. That is the most annoying music and the volume is soo loud that you cannot hear the characters talk.
  • Civil rights?

I only watched the SVU crossover episode. I know most cops in American TV shows seem to think they are above the law and that suspects have no rights but police torture again, really?
  • Beautiful People Cheapen A Show

When are the networks going to learn that when they stick a bunch of 'Beautiful People' on a show it makes the show seem so unbelievable. I was looking so forward to this show and then I couldn't even get through the first episode as the 'Beautiful People' just kept rolling in. I am sorry if this sounds harsh but I cannot take a bunch of 20 something year old beauty pageant rejects seriously when they are trying to be a tough as nails street wise gal from the mean streets of Chicago. Give me a break! And don't even get me started on the guys. to the guy who tried to compare this piece of crap to 'The Shield' give your head a shake!
  • Jason Beghe, fix your voice!!!!

Jason Beghe's voice. Oh my god whyyyyy! It sounds awful. Fire him and then I'll watch the show
  • It just might be too good for its own good.

Remember "Chicago Code" from 2011? It was a darn good show -- exploring the dirty politics of the world's most corrupt city, the city that gave us Al Capone, Mayor Daley, and of course Barack Obama. It was cancelled because it got way too close to the truth and was making certain well connected pols uncomfortable. The same thing might happen here --- too much "truth" about Chicago violence, cops skirting the law, and dirty politicians --- Mayor Emanuel ( buddy ) might just make a phone call, and pfffft! No more show. So don't get attached.
  • Too soon for a 10

Thumbs up to the show, great rhythm, high quality cast and I like the fact that might be the chance to see characters from Chicago Fire from time to time waiting for a big mix in the next episodes.

I considered Detective Jules as a potential interesting character but they already made this too soon.
  • The Shield

I agree with marlonjones. This show reminded me of The Shield. It's exciting, already had it's share of shock-moments and has a great cast.

Since I already been watching Chicago Fire this is even more fun as I now can see the things happening from the cops' view and ofcourse just see regular character from both sides which I always love to see. Like with ER and Third Watch, although sadly only 2 cross episodes were made if I remember correctly. And ofcourse some other shows too.
  • Heading into "The Shield" territory?

Ok, that is kind of impossible, but it popped into my head quite a few times and remembering the pilot of The Shield, this show excited and entertained me just the same. I got a feeling this is going to be a great show nonetheless, if not the next best thing to The Shield. The entire cast is fantastic and there is no shortage of suspense or wow-moments i'm hooked! I seriously hope there's an audience that will keep this on the air for many seasons to come!