Chicago P.D.

Stepping Stone

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jan 08, 2014 on NBC

• Cops Over Firemen/Paramedics

I didn't go into Chicago PD with high expectations, I expected it to be just like Chicago Fire but only with cops. And considering I have a love/hate with Fire, I more than planned to give PD the same type of attention. But much to my surprise, I really enjoyed PD. It's already got better storylines and acting than Fire has in the 2 seasons. Not to mention, I already like the majority of the cast whereas it took me a while to warm up to some of the characters on the fire department. If they continue on much the same vein, this might be one of my favorite shows.
  • Completely different vibe than Chicago that's a good thing!

I love CF for it's action, and the general feel-good vibe you get from it (every one of the firefighters and medics has a heart of gold, and it shows in just about every episode). However, CPD is different. You get the feeling, at least from the first episode, that all of the cops (yes, including Vaughn) is similar, however they're for the most part willing to go to extremes to do what they think is necessary. Voight, of course, is a bit different, and I think we're going to see him try to stick more to the straight and narrow than he did on CF (though still go dark when it's necessary).

There's a lot more action in the first episode than I was expecting, but we'll need to wait and see whether this turns out to be just another procedural. But for now, I can't wait until ep. 2!