Chicken Soup for the Soul (1999)

Ion Television (ended 2000)

Chicken Soup for the Soul (1999) Fan Reviews (2)

5.9
  • Bring it Back!!! Man, I hope this comes to DVD!

I remember this show, it was a bunch of short stories, and was so inspiring. It's rare for a show to muster positive emotions out of me, even the occassional happy-cry. This show can do that. I remember the story of the couple that sat together at a table at a restaurant, and never spoke to each other. The woman observing as the narrator was sad for them, thinking they didn't love each other. Then at the end of their meal, she discovered they were holding hands the whole time (other side of the table). She realized their love transended words. Awwwee. That was so sweet!
  • A decent feel good show from PAX TV.

A decent feel good show from PAX TV. If this is a show that you do not normally watch and you are sitting at home with nothing to do, you are going to wish you had it on tape. Having it "on tape" had become the generic term for recorded programs. Today you are more likely to have the show on Tivo or DVR than VHS, or god forbid Beta!! It is kind of like how a lot of people still call CD's "records" or "albums." Anyway, back to the show. This is the type of show that is really pretty good if you would just give it a chance. So on those cold, lonely, rainy days, pop in your tape or DVR or whatever if you were smart enough to tape it. If not, check to see if it is on as a re-run. After all, as they say, if you have never seen it, it is new to you.