We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

China Beach Forums

ABC (ended 1991)

Vote for the DVD release.

severud

[1]Apr 5, 2006
    • level: 4
    Amazon says they'll let the studio know of interest. There's also a petition at PetitionSpot.com
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MadMusician29

[2]May 6, 2006
    • level: 2
    Thanks for the information. I love this show. I really think it was one of the best ever. I can see every character and each one had flaws and redeeming qualities. I search every now and then for reruns but no luck so far.

Neweve

[3]May 26, 2006
    • level: 12

I'd love to vote for a DVD! That's my favorites show ever!

Even though I have 99% of the series on VHS I'd love to get it in better quality and what I would really love to see are the extras.

Can you post the link to the amazon thing? I can't find it.

MyrtleGroggins

[4]Jun 11, 2006
    • level: 2
    I agree, this show MUST be released on DVD!     Given its relative popularity and all the critical acclaim it received during its run -- including three Emmy nominations for Best Drama, and Emmy wins for Delaney & Helgenberger -- you'd think it would have found its way to DVD by now.   Lesser shows with shorter-runs have. I assume the problem/hold-up is the music-situation:   getting the clearances for all those great songs that were heard on the show, and composing/recording generic-60's-sounding music for those that they couldn't.     Paying for clearances on ALL the songs would be cost-prohibitive for mass marketing.  So, whenever it DOES make it to DVD, be prepared that many of the songs that were playing in the background at the Jet Set (or where ever) will be gone, and replaced with aforementioned generic music.   Bummer.  Still....I'll be the first in line to buy the DVD!

pirategennie

[5]Sep 12, 2006
    • level: 10
    if you have digital cable you'll find china beach on the american life network (formerly the good time channel) every tuesday night at 9 and midnight eastern. i just watched it (as usual) tonight.

g

pirategennie

[6]Sep 12, 2006
    ack, generic music? dreadful! that's what they used not in the time china beach was made but on tv in the time china beach was set. we couldn't hear real rock n roll on tv back then. and now they want to take it away again? lucky for me i am taping it off the tv every tuesday night, complete with music and all! (and how come the tv networks can do that and the dvd companies can't?)

g

cathgil

[7]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 16
    It should come out now. I want to see it to see Marg Helgenberger. I love her becasue she rocks

pirategennie

[8]Oct 6, 2006

cathgil wrote:
    It should come out now. I want to see it to see Marg Helgenberger. I love her becasue she rocks

she was dynamite in china beach.  as far as i can tell she doesn't have much to do in csi.  (i don't mean she isn't on camera much; i just mean it's not a demanding role in terms of character development!)

g

CB649

[9]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 3
    This was such a great show!  I wish they would put it out on DVD too!

20august

[10]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 4
    Plenty of interest, what's with the delay?! Come on. Let's do it.

koberfan

[11]Jun 3, 2007
    • level: 28
    I would love to see this come out on DVD! Jeff Kober was amazing as Evan"Dodger"Winslow!

propop

[12]Jul 4, 2007
    • level: 8
    I would LOVE this show to come out on dvd. I only have my memories of it because there is nowhere I can watch it now. TPTB PLEASE pretty PLEASE bring it out!!

cathgil

[13]Nov 5, 2007

I'll post the website to vote at allaboutmarg.com so they can vote too. an I'll post in our CSI sites for people who love marg.

I don't have cable so I can not see any of the epasiod all i saw was a clip on youtube and now I want to see more

I went to that website to vote but I can not find where to vote

Edited on 11/05/2007 11:51am

valdumont

[14]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 7
    I just signed the petition on PetitionSpot.com. I hope DVDs will come out soon!

cathgil

[15]Mar 7, 2008
    pirategennie wrote:

cathgil wrote:

she was dynamite in china beach. as far as i can tell she doesn't have much to do in csi. (i don't mean she isn't on camera much; i just mean it's not a demanding role in terms of character development!)

g

Her role on CSI is why I like her.. her character is so interesting an ex exotic dancer who becomes a CSI and who is a single mom. and i love csi. and is there reruns of china beach on cable? I thought thee was at one point but then i didn't have cable.. so now i do and if it's on i can watch it.

Dtravel

[16]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 3
    cathgil wrote:

I'll post the website to vote at allaboutmarg.com so they can vote too. an I'll post in our CSI sites for people who love marg.

I don't have cable so I can not see any of the epasiod all i saw was a clip on youtube and now I want to see more

I went to that website to vote but I can not find where to vote

Perhaps a better place to vote would be http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ They were recently purchased by TV Guide but the format and webmasters were so good that they have made essentially no changes. Even before they had TV Guide behind them the studios were paying attention to what the votes were there for several years.

But as others have already pointed out, the big problem with a China Beach DVD release is the music rights.

kentsrose

[17]May 1, 2008
    • level: 1
    I'm really surprised they do not already have a DVD release of this icon of the Vietnam War. With the way Iraq turned out, are we still trying to purge Vietnam from our culture?
    Edited on 05/01/2008 9:04am

sassylassy1004

[18]Jul 29, 2012

I've been writing and writing to get this released, to no avail. I'm afraid that after 30 years we may have to just accept that we may not see it in the stores. I have found that there are places that have it available for streaming and you can get it on dvd through isegb@yahoo.com through Sam.

sassylassy1004

[19]Aug 1, 2012

MadMusician....I believe that Veetle.com has a channel that has china beach running from time to time that you can watch. Google China beach tv series on dvd and find the one that has the customer discussions and they talk about it.

sassylassy1004

[20]Aug 1, 2012

Neweve, There is a trader offering china beach on dvd at isegb@yahoo.com. Also there are opportunities to watch it on a channel called veetle.com.