Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers

Adventures in Squirrelsitting

Aired Unknown Apr 09, 1989 on Disney Channel

• A heartwarming episode

It may not be of the one the best written of the show, but I still like it alot. It has a pretty good conflict, interesting side characters, some funny moments and even an important lesson for kids as well.

And I won't lie, but I am a bit partial to the character Tammy. Guess I have a thing for redheads. But anyway, I just loved the way she interacted with Chip. She was the only female who got him all flustered. Heh, I couldn't help but chuckle at the way she called him Chipper and he was like, "Don't call me XD

I admit Tammy certainly wasn't that well written for a character, but eh, she wasn't too bad. She was just a young girl wanting some love and appreciation. Which is why I could sorta buy her going to Fatcat's casino to prove herself to him.

While Chip and Dale dressing up in drag was kinda disturbing when trying to divert attention during their rescue operation, Gadget's speech to Tammy more than made up for it. Seriously, why are kids not being taught that lesson about being themselves instead of feeling they're not good enough and have to go to extremes just to get some appreciation for who they are? Shameful.

Also, I have to admit, I loved how FatCat played along when the Rangers tried to divert his attention when rescuing Tammy and Bink until they were about to leave. It just really shows just how good of a villain he is.

While the climax was nothing special, I do love how FatCat was thinking of making Tammy and Bink his righthand minions and then blew it off comically. That and how the Rangers tricked him into thinking his treasure was going to be cut up, only to use it as bait to lure him into the conveyor belts. Heh...

Although, to be honest, it made zero sense why he and his minions didn't go out of there before getting canned. Heck, the Rangers could have easily just jumped off as well when d. Honestly, I never got why they have the suspense of characters trying to flee a fate of getting cut up or smashed when all the have to do is move a bit to the left or right. Seems pretty stupid the more I look at it.

But, all and all, it's still a very good episode. I loved the ending too when Tammy gave Chip a big smooch on the cheek just to be cute. A very adorable moment to say the least. Honestly, I never figured out why the show never brought her back. I mean, it's obvious she was thinking about possibly joining. So, why not do an episode where she joins them, at least for one case? It could have been interesting.

Oh well... guess that's the breaks when it comes to one off characters. Kinda sad when they're good one off characters.