Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers

Kiwi's Big Adventure

Aired Unknown Apr 02, 1989 on Disney Channel

• Nice little Indiana Jones-like story, but with some flaws!

I won't talk much about the idea of Kiwis stealing the Ranger Plane, because it's completelly pointless. Beside that detail, this episode have it's fair share of action and humor, but there is one thing I'm a little dissatisfied - it's about Dale. I totally respect all of you Dale-fans, but I think that at this point in the series, Dale already had it's fair share of air-time. We already met Dale in previous episodes - "Dale Beside himself", "Flash the Wonder Dog"...being a lazy slob, who somehow saves the day at the end, while the only thing we know about Chip is that he's a party-pooper (and yeah, in case you didn't notice, I'm a Chip fan). Shore, Chip had some nice scenes here, but not closely enough to steal Dale's thunder. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm just dissapointed that at this point we already have 3 Dale episodes, and not even one episode that focuses on some other character. I know Dale is a lovable character, but, the cartoon is called "Chip & Dale", not "Dale". Beside that, I really liked the scene with the crocodile. Overall, good episode that could be done better.
  • Definately one of my fave episodes. Loved all the \'poor Chip\' moments. If you\'re going to watch just one episode out of the new DVD set (which would be completely pointless after spending some 25 bucks to buy it) this should be it!

This episode takes the time to delve into the whole tug-o-war between Chip and Dale over Gadget. This episode plays more to Dale getting the attention which should excite Dale\'s fan club (unless you are the hard core Dale+Foxglove fan who has scribbled countless hearts encirlding their names on all your binders, napkins and walls) but I beleive Chip fans will like (er..have liked) this episode too, cuz I did.
    All the Chip have to put up with Dale\'s scheme made me laugh and really enjoy myself especially when Chip proves to Gadget that Dale was faking his injuries the entire time.
    It\'s just another great adventure in the lives of the Rescue Rangers.