Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers

Disney Channel (ended 1990)

bluecatcinema

Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers Fan Reviews (40)

• One of Disney's best cartoons. Easily.

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this show yet! It's only one of my all time favorite Disney shows! Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers is easily in my top 3 greatest Disney cartoons along with Kim Possible and Darkwing Duck. It's story just rocked, and it starred Chip n' Dale, two of my favorite Mickey Mouse group characters. It also had a really good theme.

Chip and Dale themselves in this show have their own distinct personalities. Chip dresses like Indiana Jones and has a serious attitude, while Dale is bit more dumb and clumsy and dresses like someone from Hawaii Five-O. This was really cool, since before they were pretty similar except for the noses. And they have a team in this show. Gadget was the smart, attractive and sometimes naive mouse that both Chip and Dale have the hots for, Montery Jack was the tough Australian with a strong liking for food, and Zipper was quiet, but he let his actions do all the talking for him. All five of these characters were cool.

Many of the episodes were really cool too. Stuff like helping a mummy, a secret agent role-playing adventure, fighting pi-rats (rat pirates) and helping a bunch of animals in distress. There was just so much adventure in this show. Not all of the episdoes were good, but it was only a few. I also liked how they showed guns in Rescue Rangers, like Darkwing Duck and Talespin, they were used quite often, but the scenes with them are pretty lighthearted, so it isn't too much of a bad message for kids.

Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers is definately something worth checking out. A good story, cool characters, and many adventerous episodes add up to an incredible show. I highly recommend it.
  • I Want to remember and see more!

Few ep (00)
  • One of the greatest Disney cartoons ever!

This was one of the greatest cartoons that marked a whole generation. It is amazing how they were able to come up with a show in which two of Disney's most beloved characters ever became detectives, travelling around the world with a group of friends, helping out anyone that needed, and solving mysteries and cases that police was not able to solve, or did not care about. Then of course, besides Chip and Dale, we had Gadget Hackwrench, the team's inventor, pilot and expert in technology devices and vehicles, Monterey Jack, the ever adventure-loving mouse, who was always ready to go on an adventure, and finally, Zipper, a tiny housefly that had the courage of a lion. All of these characters had personalities so different from each others, but when they got together, they were able to solve any mystery. And, the villains in the series like Fat Cat and his minions (Wart, Mole, Meeps and Snout), Aldrin Klordane and Professor Norton Nimnul were probably some of the funniest villains ever done for a show like this one. And of course, we can never forget Chip's tagline: "Rescue Rangers, away!", which was one of the most famous taglines of the end of 80's.

A wondeful show, indeed. 10 out of 10!
  • One of my favorite child shows growing up. This show was cool, creative and very funny at times. One of the best shows Disney ever made.

One of the things I loved about this show was Chip and Dale's constant arguing. There's just something funny about them getting into heated discussions and fights.

But the main thing I like about this show was a solid cast of characters around the 2 chipmunks.

For example, Gadget Hackwrench was probably the best thought up gal for the Rescue Rangers show.

Gadget was every guy's dream girl if she was in human form. She was smart, beautiful and just downright a sweet person. No wonder Chip and Dale fought so hard for her heart.

Monterey Jack and Zipper were solid members as well, though I thought they overdid the cheese obsession gag a bit.

Even the one off characters Tammy and Foxglove were very well done. Its a shame they didn't get more episodes, or even become full time members of the Rescue Rangers.

As for the villains, who could forget Fat Cat? He was the main villain in the show, and the one you loved to see get his fat blob of fur his just rewards.

Nimnul was another I liked, though his personality was a bit weird. But then again, he was a mad scientist. Finally, the gang where Monterey's old flame Desiree led was another solid group of villains. Too bad they only got one episode. They had alot of potential.

The only thing I didn't like in this show was the music. It just seemed too childish at times, but I suppose it was done that way on purpose.

Anyway, this show was very good, a kid's show young and old love. One of the true classics of the 90's
  • A decent show for kids.

I can't believe the show only lasted one season. I remember watching it in the mid 90's and I have to say that it was fairly entertaining. I didn't like the fact that one always abused the other. It got really annoying when they would fight non-stop for an entire episode. It was funny at first, but then it became just okay. My favorite aspects of the show had to be where they chipmunks would have to rescue anyone who needed to be rescued. Who would think of chipmunks being heroes? Overall, this was a decent show and should have lasted more than just one season. Thank you.
  • Chip and Dale do a daily cartoon for Disney.

Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers was a fun show. The characters were great. Most everyone knows Chip and Dale from the Disney cartoon shorts with Donald Duck and by themselves sometimes. The other characters were well done. Gadget, as the brainy and inventive female mouse of the group. Monterey Jack as the rough and tumble adventurer of the group. And Zipper, Monty's best bud, a fly. The story lines were pretty good, nothing spectacular. Then again this was for young children. The animation and artwork were good. I hate that it got canceled, but Disney has a habit of canceling good cartoons.
  • a grate show

one of the best diney cartoons ever i rember how i could not wate for school to end so i could catch the disney afternoon when i see it on toon disney it brings back so many memories i loved every episode they dont make cartoons like rescue rangers any more none of todays cartoons are as good as this one im happy they put this show on dvd i still think they should have made a rescue rangers movie it was one of my favorite shows growing up its a classic disney cartoon it also had a grate theme song
  • I'm part of a whole generation who grew up on these after-school cartoons. This was back when cartoons were good (now it's all anime and those crudely animated feverishly paced hyper cartoons they have now).

7.6
    I recently got Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers on DVD recently from Netflix. Talk about childhood nostalgia. I am not going to go say that this was some fine example of the Culture of Western Civilization. But it is a cute cartoon. It's not corny or ridiculous (like Ducktales) - The kind you watch when you're an adult and wonder how the heck do you ever like this show?! But still it's cute. The animation is pretty good. The storylines are good. And the incomparable Jim Cummings (the man of a thousand cartoon characters voices) is very good. Fat Cat, as an underground master criminal, is quite amusing.
  • they make me happy! what more can i say?!

Cutest ever!!!! I lööööv them! so cute so cute! they make me happy! what more can i say?!

They certainly succeeded when making a bunch of 20-yearolds have a sing-along with the theme-song hahahahaha!!! :D

..and I am serious. if you have not seen it...you just gotta find it! ...right now!!! :) :)
  • Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers featured the classic Disney chipmunk characters Chip 'n Dale, with three new friends, as detectives.

first of all who doesn't like a show with little chipmunks?? i first saw this show on saturday mornings of disney. The show is about the hipmunks being detectives and solving crimes. The Heroes are
    Chip, the leader of the Rescue Rangers, wears a fedora and a flight jacket, much like Indiana Jones. He spends his free time reading detective fiction, his favorite character being Sureluck Jones, whose name is apparently a play on the names of Sherlock Holmes and Indiana Jones. He is presented as very dedicated to his detective work, and generally attempts to be serious and responsible, occasionally to the point of humorlessness, he attempts to keep Dale under control in an almost parent-like fashion.

Dale wears a red and yellow Hawaiian shirt, a la Magnum PI. Though dedicated to the job, he is a fun-loving, mischievous prankster and somewhat irresponsible. He spends his free time reading comic books, playing video games, watching Sci-fi and horror movies, and eating candy (and in the episode "Chocolate Chips," it's revealed that Dale has "chocolate attacks", similar to how Monterey Jack has cheese attacks). It is possible that he is a bit backward, as he always acts like a teenager and is scared of anything too serious, romantically speaking. He is also very dependant on Chip.

Monterey Jack or "Monty" is an Australian muscle mouse with a weakness for cheese and a pesky fear of cats. Monty met Chip and Dale on their first case as Rescue Rangers, during the course of which he, along with his companion Zipper and Gadget Hackwrench, joined the team. Monty develops a paternal relationship with Gadget, having been a friend of her father's.

Gadget Hackwrench is a young female mouse and the team's pilot, mechanic and inventor. She is the daughter of deceased inventor and aviator Geegaw Hackwrench. She meets Chip and Dale on their first case as Rescue Rangers and decides to join the team, being at loose-ends after her father's death. Gadget remains generally oblivious of both Chip's and Dale's obvious attraction to her, and demonstrates no preference to one or the other.

Zipper is a tiny green housefly who appears as Monterey Jack's sidekick. Zipper often handles the little jobs that the rest of the Rescue Rangers cannot. He speaks in a buzz that only Monty (and, presumably, other insects) can understand. He is occasionally shown as extremely strong for his size.
  • How I love this series!! I have like 2 DVD box sets of it. ^^

Like I said, I love the series because that Gadget is always my favorite. Disney is use to be better with shows like that. I have own like 2 DVD box sets of that series. It's my childhood favorite and I will remember it by watching this show on DVD.
  • From the Disney Afternoon

Personally the best of the cartoon during the run of the Disney Afternoon. The show gave new depth to the classic charaters: Chip and Dale. My favorites were Dale, Gadget, and Zipper. Dale usually provided the humor which set him apart from the others. Zipper because, how many famous flies are out there. If you liked disney's late 80's early 90's brand of cartoon comedy then you can't get better than The Rescue Rangers.
  • Rescue Rangers, to the Rescue!!!...Join Chip, Dale, Monty, Gadget and Zipper, the Rescue Rangers to save the day. They fight evil villains, help the innocent and have fun. From Disney, this series is a classic and a must watch for everyone.

I remember watching this series when I was a little kid and gosh, I still remember the adventures of Chip, Dale and the rest of the gang. My personal favorite character is Gadget Hackwrench and well, I always like the love triangle between the squirrels and Gadget. I also loved the well written stories, great animation, appealing characters and well, in summary, this series must be watched if you want to spend a great day, just like the days I remembered in my childhood. Rescue Rangers to the RESCUE!!
  • This show was awsome..........

Before Chip and Dale were just normal chipmunks.Who would cause trouble with other Disney Character.Well mostly Donald.But now they have their own show.Which is ruescue ranger! Where Chip and Dale joined by Monty Jack,Zipper,and Gadget together solving crime and stopping evil vilians from atempting to take over the world and stuff.When I first saw the show.I believed the first episode I saw was with Fat Cat.I thought that this show was cool.I mean I had watched all the episodes.I wished they bring more new episodes of this.
  • One of my favourite shows when I was young - and it still is today...

Chip ‘N Dale Rescue Rangers is one of the best cartoons that Disney has ever produced. Although only 65 episodes were made – thanks to a stupid Disney rule, it remains one of my favourite television shows today.

The episodes were simple: a crime was committed and it was up to the five Rescue Rangers – Chip (the chipmunk leader), Dale (the daft chipmunk), Gadget (the sexy mouse inventor), Monterey Jack (the cheese-loving Aussie mouse) and Zipper (the fly who’s best buddies with Jack) – to solve the case.

I have recently ordered the first two volumes of the series, and will enjoy them when they arrive, and will order the third and final one when it comes out – hopefully soon.

One I would definitely recommend to anyone who has never seen it...
  • This time squirrels fight crime and are the good guys in a cute sort of way.

Great, another show i can remmember watching when i was just a boy, but that also left an impression on me, and i know why, it is the voice of those squirrels, it has been inprinted on my brain. This show was special to me for a couple of reasons like the very beautiful Disney studios animations, specially the backgrounds and of course, Chip and Dale who reminded me of the two looney squirrels from the early Disney animations (Maybe i am wrong and they are exactly the same squirrels with a big upgrade), and they were my favorite when i was even younger.

Very funny and entertaining show.
  • Some Times, Some Crimes...

What a great show! I am a big fan of Chip and Dale. That is why I love this show so much. And those bad guys were great! Especially the Fat Cat and Professor Norton Nimnul! There were several shows I watched after school when I was just a kid. This is one of them. I can still remember all the words to their theme song. I even find myself singing it sometimes. LOL! I would like to get some of these old shows and rewatch them sometime. I don't even know if they have them anywhere. Well I would reccomend this show to anyone. :) Its one of my personal Favs from growing up.
  • I miss this show:(

Oh, the memories of watching cartoons like this and Gummi bears. This was one of the best cartoons ever. It made me laugh everytime. I wish they would bring them back and also some more older cartoons.Wait I take it back I would never leave the front of the tv.
  • Chip N' Dale: A small Review.

“There ain’t no case too big,
    No case too small,
    When you need help just call:
    Ch-Ch-Ch- Chip N’ Dale
    Rescue Rangers!”
    How many of you remember this tune from your childhood, and are now singing it to yourselves? For those of you who don’t remember this tune, it’s the unforgettable theme song from Disney’s animated TV show from the late 80’s; Chip N’ Dale: Rescue Rangers. Ah yes, nothing brings up nostalgia like memories of a cartoon we all grew up with. How many of you miss watching the mystery solving adventures of the sly sleuth Chip, the goofy and silly Dale, The Cheese-loving Monterey Jack, the brilliant and beautiful Gadget, and the always helpful fly Zipper? I know I do. The trouble is that Chip N’ Dale Rescue Rangers, is so hard to find on TV anymore. It recently used to air on Toon Disney at 3:30 am followed by Garfield and Friends (another great cartoon), and I used to get up every morning to watch it. However, Toon Disney has pulled Chip N’ Dale off the air. But fear not, if you also love that old show, I have good news; Disney has finally released Chip N’ Dale: Rescue Rangers Vol. 1 on DVD. (and coming soon Vol. 2) This collection of episodes includes all 29 episodes from the first season. And I must say it’s definitely one of the best cartoons I’ve ever seen. Now, as I am the self-proclaimed, “Animation Guru” I have a solid respect for animation and cartoons (having actually done animation myself), and I kind of take it upon myself to rate and review cartoons and fairly rate it on a scale of one to ten. As you know I am also a cartoonist so I also use the material I watch for ideas for jokes. As a result I always hear that, “Cartoons are for kids, grow up, cartoons are stupid and you shouldn’t watch them at your age.” (Thanks mom…) I am taking upon myself to point out to you, the readers, that cartoons are much more than that. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication, and an utmost passion to make a good cartoon. And good cartoons are hard to find nowadays. Chip N’ Dale Rescue Rangers was to me, having bought it myself, well worth the $29.99 I paid for it. It was also worth the mystical quest I went on to find it too. I spent four hours searching around the city for a copy of it until I finally found it at Best Buy. And this DVD collection is jam-packed with classic episodes. One such episode is the first episode of the series: Catteries not Included. This is the first episode which features the Ranger’s first case in which they have to find a lost kitten. They soon discover that Prof. Nimnal (A hair-brained mad scientist, introduced in the 2 hour pilot episode Rescue Rangers to the Rescue, which I am sad to say is not included in this collection, hopefully Disney plans to release this separately because that is the best ever episode) who has built army of Robotic Dogs, which he uses to kidnap all the cats in the city. Chip N’ Dale wouldn’t be much without the Ranger’s Arch enemy Fat Cat, who is like the godfather of cats having his own mob. Fat Cat was the best villain of the Rangers since the pilot episode, with his sense of humor and his evil schemes actually make sense sometimes. And who better an enemy of a group of rodents than a cat? One of the classic episodes is Parental Distraction Required, in which Monterey Jack’s father Chedderhead Charley comes into town and joins the rangers to assist with a case, much to Chip’s dismay. Charley constantly gets the rangers into trouble by recklessly rushing into danger without thinking. They soon discover that Fat Cat is hypnotizing Fish into making them believe they are chickens so the fish will lay more eggs (caviar). It’s a crazy scheme but it actually makes sense for a cat to come up with. One more favorite episode is Tin Cat in which the Rangers find a Robotic Cat in the dump, and Gadget uses one of Dale’s video games to reprogram it to be friendly. However they soon lose track of it and the cat falls into Fat Cat’s evil clutches, who uses a violent video Game to reprogram it to steal a very rare and exotic fish from a guy who is allergic to cat hair (Preventing Fat Cat from entering the building without being detected), and also to destroy the Rescue Rangers.
    Now that I’ve reminisced a bit, it’s time for me to give Chip N’ Dale: Rescue Rangers my “Linder Animation seal of Approval.” This is where I put my experience and knowledge of cartoons and rate the show based on the three factors that makes a great cartoon: Writing, Characters, and Animation.
    First off, the writing is fairly kiddish, but good and original. The evil schemes that the Rangers foil are often very stupid and could only work in a cartoon like this. I am happy to say that the humor is not spared and is used wisely so you’re not overwhelmed by jokes. And The humor is actually funny and not too kiddish for an adult to enjoy. Secondly, the characters are great! You can’t help but love the rescue rangers. The characters each have their own personality, which they stick to. I can’t stand it when a character doesn’t contain their personalities. And their enemies have the mark of Great Disney villains. Fat Cat is always a joy to see in an episode with his cruel sense of humor. While you want to bang your head against a table when you see another stupid scheme by Prof. Nimnal who most of the time is just plain irritating. But then again a good villain isn’t very likable so Nimnal does have his moments I guess. But the characters are very well designed, well written and certainly memorable.
    Finally the Animation is surprisingly nothing short of fantastic. It’s very well done especially for an animated TV show. Most cartoons on TV are quickly done with the animators taking a lot of shortcuts with the animation. But Chip N’ Dale’s animation is very well done. It almost has movie quality animation. The movements are very well done and semi-realistic. I think it’s the little things that do it; the physical acting. It’s hard to not want to look at it (however the show does take a shortcut by reusing the same music in every episode.).
    Overall, the writing is fair and enjoyable, the characters are great and unforgettable, and the animation is nothing short of excellent. It was a hit in it’s time, and it doesn’t disappoint 20 years later. It’s still as great as I remember it. All in all, on a scale of 1-10, I give "Chip N’ Dale: Rescue Rangers," a 9 out of 10. If you enjoyed the show as a kid, I guarantee you’ll enjoy it now.
  • Another Disney classic!

While still reminiscing about what was good on Disney, this one particularly comes to mind. Though this is pretty watered down for an action cartoon, it still does pretty well because of that charm Disney used to have. With some inventive and imaginative storylines like the old TMNT series relied on, this show was pretty good.
    Chip 'N Dale RR also contains some great animation, music, fun adventures, decent humor, and (while not exactly menacing) creative and developed villains. Fat Cat remains as one of Disney's most interesting cartoon villains. While the show may seem pretty quirky, especially if you've grown up, this is one classic Disney cartoon I'd easily bet you can't see just one episode of.
  • This was one of Disney's greatest shows great show ever made. I used to watched this when I was a kid.

Rescue Rangers was one of the best disney shows in the old days. I use to come home from school and watch the show immediately when it comes on. I don't care what yamata dragon and other people say about this series, this show rocks. Man, I missed this cartoon along with Ducktales, Darkwing, Talespin, Mighty Ducks, and Goof Troop. Good show! You younger kids should watch! Really, I'm serious! The show is wicked! It has two chipmunks and mice who fights crime. This is better than the crap they show on Disney nowaday. CHIP! CHIP! CHIP! CHIP! CHIP! DAAAAAAAAAALE!!!! RESCUE RANGERS!
  • Childhood memories

Aww.... I loved Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers when I was little. It was probably the only time you could ever understand what the two chipmunks were saying also :P . I also like Gadget, the girl mouse that the two boys were always fighting over, because she was a smart do it yourself girl who had brains. She was sort of a female model of what girls should be, not a usual damsel who would fall into a hero's hands. I think I probably like Chip the best though, I can't remember why.... Montery Jack annoyed me though.
  • It was a great show.

Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers is one of my favorite shows. It had a good plot. Abunch of rodents sort of saving the world. Two chipmunks named chip'n'dale. And two mice named monter ray jack, and gadget. and a fly name zipper. The evil villian was usnally fat cat. It was a good show to watch
  • Bleck-even as I a kid I smelled a stinker!

I can't stand how boring this show was. It seems like Chip N Dale were a rip off of the Pepe Le Pew skunk or those WB character squirells that always complimented one another- or was that Chip n Dale? At any rate, I never could bear a whole episode of this show. I don't what it was, the little plots were boring, I got the chipmunks confused, it really didn't seem like they did anything of consequence. Just kind of scuttled around like the rodents they were after some nebulous mystery-uh, it was torture for a 7 yo kid!
  • This time Chip and Dale aren't pestering Donald Duck.

A very cool show from Disney. Chip and Dale are best known for giving Donald Duck a bad day. This time, we see them in another role. They actually help others for a change. With their cute whiny voices we follow their adventures. It's funny, exciting and good for the kids. A perfect family affair. Animation should be fun, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers are the answer. This show is a kind of show that you watch if you want to have a good time. It's light hearted tone give it a watchable feeling. You don't have to take it seriously, you can just relax and enjoy the show.
  • I loved this show when i was little.

If it was saturday morning, I would be watching this show when i was a kid. I loved Chip and Dale. Even monty and the fly were great. Gadget was okay she could be annoying at times. I even thought the bad guys were cute. they were bad but not totally evil like other cartoons i watched. It was more of a kid friendly and super funny show. I loved how it had chip and dale getting into trouble. Okay mostly chip was bad and dale woudl have to bale him out. This show will always be a classic to me.
  • Cool show!

This was a very nice show! I loved most of the characters, and I also loved the way that they made an action show out of ordinary chipmunks, especially ones which originally appeared in Disney sketches. The plot was great, and the villain was quite funny (I forgot his name, since I haven't seen this show for a long time). I don't know how people can find this show boring. It was packed with action and excitement! It's ANYTHING but boring!

This show was Disney at its glory days, and it will be remembered for many generations (by me at least)
  • some good things about it.

chip n c sdkdsv kf vointjkv wr4toq2bh h yhgjwgtgt twg gt'q g okay im bored but i guess any way chip n dale was well pretty good but for now im just gonna final fantasy pop yes i know this chip n dale review makes ab sol ut ele y know sense whats o ever
  • Part of Disney's late eighties/early nineties cartoon boom

Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers was part of the late eighties/early nineties cartoon boom.

This show was part of a train of cartoons that Disney had. DuckTales, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers and Tale Spin, and later on Darkwing Duck.

However the first three took classic Disney chacters and put them in new situations, the best and probably well known example would be Tale Spin by taking Baloo the Bear, Shere Khan and Louie from the Jungle book and make Baloo a pilot, Khan a shrewd business Mogul, and Louie a care free bar owner.

Together the three shows and later on four, entertained kids who didn't have the magical cable box {at least here in Denver where these shows were played on Channel 2} to compete against the upstart Nickleodon

• Look up and you'll see it!

This show is without a doubt a pure classic Disney cartoon. I still totally remember watching like the first episode. I loved this show, just like everybody else, how could you not?! The evolution of the chip and dale characters was totally believable and undoubtedly lovable. Amazingly awesome show!! Still miss it :D
< 1 2