Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers

Disney Channel (ended 1990)

bluecatcinema

Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers Fan Reviews (41)

• good

• A excellent show from the Disney Afternoon block.

This show is very funny and I love all the characters in it. One of the funniest, in my opinion, is Dale. I also like Gadget because she has a lot of cool inventions. My favorite villian is FatCat because I think he's one of the funnier villians, and one of best overall villians in my opinion. I recomend this show to all who can watch it.
  • It's the mini world of crime and punishment Disney style.

7.3
    This band of two chipmunks, two mice, and a fly solved mysteries that occured in their world. Chip was the leader of the gang, Dale was the goofy one, Gadget was the engineer, and Monterey Jack was the biggest mouse. Zipper was the fly. Some of the bad guys were insects. Some of them were also mice. Who would have thought that this show would last as long as it did? I sure thought it could have lasted longer. The video game for this cartoon was fun. It is really hard to think of anything else to say about this show because it was on so long ago.
  • they are a good memory of my childhood.

They I loved that cartoons, when was a litle girl. My favorite one he was Monty. Every Day when i arrived from the school , I coudln\\\'t wait to that program began , they are a good memory of my childhood. I Really miss them.

Please Forgive My English! I Speaks Spanish.
  • i love cartoon....

i think this is a great tv serier and i realy like it...

its easyer for me to writh i danish so i do that...

jeg synes dette er en kanon fed tv-serie og er helt vild med den og ville enlig gerne have alle avsnit af den...
    så der for er jeg på jagt efter den på denne side...
  • This short lived show was wonderful!

7.7
    Who doesn't love the quarrelsome chipmunks Chip and Dale? Who doesn't love mysteries? Who doesn't love adventure? Well if you happen to dislike these things then Chip N Dale: Rescue Rangers is not for you.
    This short lived Disney series was highly entertaining. Chip, Dale, Gadget, Montery Jack, and Zipper all work together to help solve mysteries and fight crime. When there was danger you could always count on this heroic team of mice to save the day.
    If you are a fan of the Disney series Duck Tales, Tale Spin, or Darkwing Duck then you will fall in love with Chip N Dale: Rescue Rangers.
  • the second disney show after Ducktales, not quite as good, but still a solid cartoon with good characters besides Chip'n Dale themselves.

7.8
    It was fun.
    Ducktales and this show were my childhood favorites, I grew up with them.
    They went on pretty good capers.
    Monterey Jack, Gadget, Zipper, Fat Cat, and Professor Nimbul were very intersting outside characters of the Mickey Mouse world.
    Can you believe that these rodents can do much more than a half-ass job?

Shows like this and many other awesome ones (Mickey, Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry) have been knocked the air to make room for new shows. (was fun while it lasted)
    Sigh, we're just gonna have to accept the fact that Disney, Cartoon Network, Kids WB, 4KIDS TV, and Nickelodeon have to make room for terrific shows like:

Kim Possible
    Sister, Sister
    The Venture Brothers
    Super Duper Sumos
    Pelswick
    Whatever Happened to Robot Jones?
    The Backyardigans
    Yugi-Oh GX
    Naruto
    The Amanda Show
    What's New Scooby Doo?
    Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!
    Teletubbies
    Code Lyoko
    Pokemon
    and The Fairly Oddparents

Screw these shows I grow to dislike, I want my favorites back.
  • A disney classic

Chip N’ Dale Rescue Rangers is a childhood favorite of mine, and I still watch the re-runs when I get the chance. The story is about two chipmunks Chip and Dale two mice, Gadget and Monty, and a fly named zipper who live in their tree house Headquarters. They battle all sorts of villains like Fat Cat, and Professor Nimnul. The show was short lived but it is one of Disney’s best.
  • Disney repents for DuckTales.

As if to repent for the lassiez-faire Reagan fest of DuckTales--where every single ep focused on acquiring more conspicuous wealth--Disney grabbed onto the early-'90s zeitgeist and released a 180.

The Rescue Rangers aren't about the big deals and bling, the heaps of gold to swim through. Now those things are our enemies, as the first war in Iraq bogs down, the economy hits recession, and the Clintons loom on the horizon.

No, no, now we care about the little people! The people who are lost! The people who need a safety net. The people who, if you will, "slip through the cracks."

Who are Chip n' Dale's enemies but precisely people like Scrooge McDuck? Who the heck is Fat Cat but rather Scrooge seen from afar and below?
  • Boring.

1.1
    Not worth my time. I can do thirty jumping jacks and one hundred laps around the world before one episode could finish. It was so boring, i could not stand one second of it. It is lame and pitiful at the same time. I am so glad it does not air any more. That is a great miracle.
  • Look up and you'll see it!

This show is without a doubt a pure classic Disney cartoon. I still totally remember watching like the first episode. I loved this show, just like everybody else, how could you not?! The evolution of the chip and dale characters was totally believable and undoubtedly lovable. Amazingly awesome show!! Still miss it :D
  • Part of Disney's late eighties/early nineties cartoon boom

Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers was part of the late eighties/early nineties cartoon boom.

This show was part of a train of cartoons that Disney had. DuckTales, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers and Tale Spin, and later on Darkwing Duck.

However the first three took classic Disney chacters and put them in new situations, the best and probably well known example would be Tale Spin by taking Baloo the Bear, Shere Khan and Louie from the Jungle book and make Baloo a pilot, Khan a shrewd business Mogul, and Louie a care free bar owner.

Together the three shows and later on four, entertained kids who didn't have the magical cable box {at least here in Denver where these shows were played on Channel 2} to compete against the upstart Nickleodon

• some good things about it.

chip n c sdkdsv kf vointjkv wr4toq2bh h yhgjwgtgt twg gt'q g okay im bored but i guess any way chip n dale was well pretty good but for now im just gonna final fantasy pop yes i know this chip n dale review makes ab sol ut ele y know sense whats o ever
  • Cool show!

This was a very nice show! I loved most of the characters, and I also loved the way that they made an action show out of ordinary chipmunks, especially ones which originally appeared in Disney sketches. The plot was great, and the villain was quite funny (I forgot his name, since I haven't seen this show for a long time). I don't know how people can find this show boring. It was packed with action and excitement! It's ANYTHING but boring!

This show was Disney at its glory days, and it will be remembered for many generations (by me at least)
  • I loved this show when i was little.

If it was saturday morning, I would be watching this show when i was a kid. I loved Chip and Dale. Even monty and the fly were great. Gadget was okay she could be annoying at times. I even thought the bad guys were cute. they were bad but not totally evil like other cartoons i watched. It was more of a kid friendly and super funny show. I loved how it had chip and dale getting into trouble. Okay mostly chip was bad and dale woudl have to bale him out. This show will always be a classic to me.
  • This time Chip and Dale aren't pestering Donald Duck.

A very cool show from Disney. Chip and Dale are best known for giving Donald Duck a bad day. This time, we see them in another role. They actually help others for a change. With their cute whiny voices we follow their adventures. It's funny, exciting and good for the kids. A perfect family affair. Animation should be fun, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers are the answer. This show is a kind of show that you watch if you want to have a good time. It's light hearted tone give it a watchable feeling. You don't have to take it seriously, you can just relax and enjoy the show.
  • Bleck-even as I a kid I smelled a stinker!

I can't stand how boring this show was. It seems like Chip N Dale were a rip off of the Pepe Le Pew skunk or those WB character squirells that always complimented one another- or was that Chip n Dale? At any rate, I never could bear a whole episode of this show. I don't what it was, the little plots were boring, I got the chipmunks confused, it really didn't seem like they did anything of consequence. Just kind of scuttled around like the rodents they were after some nebulous mystery-uh, it was torture for a 7 yo kid!
  • It was a great show.

Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers is one of my favorite shows. It had a good plot. Abunch of rodents sort of saving the world. Two chipmunks named chip'n'dale. And two mice named monter ray jack, and gadget. and a fly name zipper. The evil villian was usnally fat cat. It was a good show to watch
  • Childhood memories

Aww.... I loved Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers when I was little. It was probably the only time you could ever understand what the two chipmunks were saying also :P . I also like Gadget, the girl mouse that the two boys were always fighting over, because she was a smart do it yourself girl who had brains. She was sort of a female model of what girls should be, not a usual damsel who would fall into a hero's hands. I think I probably like Chip the best though, I can't remember why.... Montery Jack annoyed me though.
  • This was one of Disney's greatest shows great show ever made. I used to watched this when I was a kid.

Rescue Rangers was one of the best disney shows in the old days. I use to come home from school and watch the show immediately when it comes on. I don't care what yamata dragon and other people say about this series, this show rocks. Man, I missed this cartoon along with Ducktales, Darkwing, Talespin, Mighty Ducks, and Goof Troop. Good show! You younger kids should watch! Really, I'm serious! The show is wicked! It has two chipmunks and mice who fights crime. This is better than the crap they show on Disney nowaday. CHIP! CHIP! CHIP! CHIP! CHIP! DAAAAAAAAAALE!!!! RESCUE RANGERS!
  • Another Disney classic!

While still reminiscing about what was good on Disney, this one particularly comes to mind. Though this is pretty watered down for an action cartoon, it still does pretty well because of that charm Disney used to have. With some inventive and imaginative storylines like the old TMNT series relied on, this show was pretty good.
    Chip 'N Dale RR also contains some great animation, music, fun adventures, decent humor, and (while not exactly menacing) creative and developed villains. Fat Cat remains as one of Disney's most interesting cartoon villains. While the show may seem pretty quirky, especially if you've grown up, this is one classic Disney cartoon I'd easily bet you can't see just one episode of.
  • Chip N' Dale: A small Review.

“There ain’t no case too big,
    No case too small,
    When you need help just call:
    Ch-Ch-Ch- Chip N’ Dale
    Rescue Rangers!”
    How many of you remember this tune from your childhood, and are now singing it to yourselves? For those of you who don’t remember this tune, it’s the unforgettable theme song from Disney’s animated TV show from the late 80’s; Chip N’ Dale: Rescue Rangers. Ah yes, nothing brings up nostalgia like memories of a cartoon we all grew up with. How many of you miss watching the mystery solving adventures of the sly sleuth Chip, the goofy and silly Dale, The Cheese-loving Monterey Jack, the brilliant and beautiful Gadget, and the always helpful fly Zipper? I know I do. The trouble is that Chip N’ Dale Rescue Rangers, is so hard to find on TV anymore. It recently used to air on Toon Disney at 3:30 am followed by Garfield and Friends (another great cartoon), and I used to get up every morning to watch it. However, Toon Disney has pulled Chip N’ Dale off the air. But fear not, if you also love that old show, I have good news; Disney has finally released Chip N’ Dale: Rescue Rangers Vol. 1 on DVD. (and coming soon Vol. 2) This collection of episodes includes all 29 episodes from the first season. And I must say it’s definitely one of the best cartoons I’ve ever seen. Now, as I am the self-proclaimed, “Animation Guru” I have a solid respect for animation and cartoons (having actually done animation myself), and I kind of take it upon myself to rate and review cartoons and fairly rate it on a scale of one to ten. As you know I am also a cartoonist so I also use the material I watch for ideas for jokes. As a result I always hear that, “Cartoons are for kids, grow up, cartoons are stupid and you shouldn’t watch them at your age.” (Thanks mom…) I am taking upon myself to point out to you, the readers, that cartoons are much more than that. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication, and an utmost passion to make a good cartoon. And good cartoons are hard to find nowadays. Chip N’ Dale Rescue Rangers was to me, having bought it myself, well worth the $29.99 I paid for it. It was also worth the mystical quest I went on to find it too. I spent four hours searching around the city for a copy of it until I finally found it at Best Buy. And this DVD collection is jam-packed with classic episodes. One such episode is the first episode of the series: Catteries not Included. This is the first episode which features the Ranger’s first case in which they have to find a lost kitten. They soon discover that Prof. Nimnal (A hair-brained mad scientist, introduced in the 2 hour pilot episode Rescue Rangers to the Rescue, which I am sad to say is not included in this collection, hopefully Disney plans to release this separately because that is the best ever episode) who has built army of Robotic Dogs, which he uses to kidnap all the cats in the city. Chip N’ Dale wouldn’t be much without the Ranger’s Arch enemy Fat Cat, who is like the godfather of cats having his own mob. Fat Cat was the best villain of the Rangers since the pilot episode, with his sense of humor and his evil schemes actually make sense sometimes. And who better an enemy of a group of rodents than a cat? One of the classic episodes is Parental Distraction Required, in which Monterey Jack’s father Chedderhead Charley comes into town and joins the rangers to assist with a case, much to Chip’s dismay. Charley constantly gets the rangers into trouble by recklessly rushing into danger without thinking. They soon discover that Fat Cat is hypnotizing Fish into making them believe they are chickens so the fish will lay more eggs (caviar). It’s a crazy scheme but it actually makes sense for a cat to come up with. One more favorite episode is Tin Cat in which the Rangers find a Robotic Cat in the dump, and Gadget uses one of Dale’s video games to reprogram it to be friendly. However they soon lose track of it and the cat falls into Fat Cat’s evil clutches, who uses a violent video Game to reprogram it to steal a very rare and exotic fish from a guy who is allergic to cat hair (Preventing Fat Cat from entering the building without being detected), and also to destroy the Rescue Rangers.
    Now that I’ve reminisced a bit, it’s time for me to give Chip N’ Dale: Rescue Rangers my “Linder Animation seal of Approval.” This is where I put my experience and knowledge of cartoons and rate the show based on the three factors that makes a great cartoon: Writing, Characters, and Animation.
    First off, the writing is fairly kiddish, but good and original. The evil schemes that the Rangers foil are often very stupid and could only work in a cartoon like this. I am happy to say that the humor is not spared and is used wisely so you’re not overwhelmed by jokes. And The humor is actually funny and not too kiddish for an adult to enjoy. Secondly, the characters are great! You can’t help but love the rescue rangers. The characters each have their own personality, which they stick to. I can’t stand it when a character doesn’t contain their personalities. And their enemies have the mark of Great Disney villains. Fat Cat is always a joy to see in an episode with his cruel sense of humor. While you want to bang your head against a table when you see another stupid scheme by Prof. Nimnal who most of the time is just plain irritating. But then again a good villain isn’t very likable so Nimnal does have his moments I guess. But the characters are very well designed, well written and certainly memorable.
    Finally the Animation is surprisingly nothing short of fantastic. It’s very well done especially for an animated TV show. Most cartoons on TV are quickly done with the animators taking a lot of shortcuts with the animation. But Chip N’ Dale’s animation is very well done. It almost has movie quality animation. The movements are very well done and semi-realistic. I think it’s the little things that do it; the physical acting. It’s hard to not want to look at it (however the show does take a shortcut by reusing the same music in every episode.).
    Overall, the writing is fair and enjoyable, the characters are great and unforgettable, and the animation is nothing short of excellent. It was a hit in it’s time, and it doesn’t disappoint 20 years later. It’s still as great as I remember it. All in all, on a scale of 1-10, I give "Chip N’ Dale: Rescue Rangers," a 9 out of 10. If you enjoyed the show as a kid, I guarantee you’ll enjoy it now.
  • I miss this show:(

Oh, the memories of watching cartoons like this and Gummi bears. This was one of the best cartoons ever. It made me laugh everytime. I wish they would bring them back and also some more older cartoons.Wait I take it back I would never leave the front of the tv.
  • Some Times, Some Crimes...

What a great show! I am a big fan of Chip and Dale. That is why I love this show so much. And those bad guys were great! Especially the Fat Cat and Professor Norton Nimnul! There were several shows I watched after school when I was just a kid. This is one of them. I can still remember all the words to their theme song. I even find myself singing it sometimes. LOL! I would like to get some of these old shows and rewatch them sometime. I don't even know if they have them anywhere. Well I would reccomend this show to anyone. :) Its one of my personal Favs from growing up.
  • This time squirrels fight crime and are the good guys in a cute sort of way.

Great, another show i can remmember watching when i was just a boy, but that also left an impression on me, and i know why, it is the voice of those squirrels, it has been inprinted on my brain. This show was special to me for a couple of reasons like the very beautiful Disney studios animations, specially the backgrounds and of course, Chip and Dale who reminded me of the two looney squirrels from the early Disney animations (Maybe i am wrong and they are exactly the same squirrels with a big upgrade), and they were my favorite when i was even younger.

Very funny and entertaining show.
  • One of my favourite shows when I was young - and it still is today...

Chip ‘N Dale Rescue Rangers is one of the best cartoons that Disney has ever produced. Although only 65 episodes were made – thanks to a stupid Disney rule, it remains one of my favourite television shows today.

The episodes were simple: a crime was committed and it was up to the five Rescue Rangers – Chip (the chipmunk leader), Dale (the daft chipmunk), Gadget (the sexy mouse inventor), Monterey Jack (the cheese-loving Aussie mouse) and Zipper (the fly who’s best buddies with Jack) – to solve the case.

I have recently ordered the first two volumes of the series, and will enjoy them when they arrive, and will order the third and final one when it comes out – hopefully soon.

One I would definitely recommend to anyone who has never seen it...
  • This show was awsome..........

Before Chip and Dale were just normal chipmunks.Who would cause trouble with other Disney Character.Well mostly Donald.But now they have their own show.Which is ruescue ranger! Where Chip and Dale joined by Monty Jack,Zipper,and Gadget together solving crime and stopping evil vilians from atempting to take over the world and stuff.When I first saw the show.I believed the first episode I saw was with Fat Cat.I thought that this show was cool.I mean I had watched all the episodes.I wished they bring more new episodes of this.
  • Rescue Rangers, to the Rescue!!!...Join Chip, Dale, Monty, Gadget and Zipper, the Rescue Rangers to save the day. They fight evil villains, help the innocent and have fun. From Disney, this series is a classic and a must watch for everyone.

I remember watching this series when I was a little kid and gosh, I still remember the adventures of Chip, Dale and the rest of the gang. My personal favorite character is Gadget Hackwrench and well, I always like the love triangle between the squirrels and Gadget. I also loved the well written stories, great animation, appealing characters and well, in summary, this series must be watched if you want to spend a great day, just like the days I remembered in my childhood. Rescue Rangers to the RESCUE!!
  • From the Disney Afternoon

Personally the best of the cartoon during the run of the Disney Afternoon. The show gave new depth to the classic charaters: Chip and Dale. My favorites were Dale, Gadget, and Zipper. Dale usually provided the humor which set him apart from the others. Zipper because, how many famous flies are out there. If you liked disney's late 80's early 90's brand of cartoon comedy then you can't get better than The Rescue Rangers.
  • How I love this series!! I have like 2 DVD box sets of it. ^^

Like I said, I love the series because that Gadget is always my favorite. Disney is use to be better with shows like that. I have own like 2 DVD box sets of that series. It's my childhood favorite and I will remember it by watching this show on DVD.
< 1 2