Chobits Forums

(ended 2002)

POLL: What kind of persocomm would you get?

If you could own a persocomm, what would you get?

pandapawz

[21]Aug 10, 2007
    • level: 2
    I would like a mini-com. They're so cute. I think that a big one that actually looked like a person but wasn't would wierd me out.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Element-17

[22]Aug 10, 2007
    • level: 28
    Just the regular services for me. I'm not that big into computers, jsut one that has fast internet. A custom one wouldn't be so bad, either, but if it's too advanced, it'll just be mostly a waste.

ironkinco

[23]Sep 5, 2007
    • level: 1

Chobits rock...and minis...even tho sumomo was annoying but cute _>

bigred42ster

[24]Sep 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    i would like one exactly like sumomo

mtdrummer

[25]Sep 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    sumomo!

ChessPieceDXS

[26]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 7
    A mini/mobile is the best choice in my opinion. Chobits are fine too as long as it's a male Chobit (I'm a girl,heh), mostly because they would love you back but Mobile/Mini are like living dolls/cell phones and easy to carry around, they're more comfortable. Kotoko, to be precise. I won't be able to deal with a over-hyper persocom like Sumomo.

Dante-2006

[27]Oct 7, 2007
    • level: 3
    Have to choose a mini persocomm like Sumomo.

Kemicle

[28]Oct 20, 2007
    • level: 11

I'd definately want a mini. Just so I can dress it up like a little doll.

Cuuuutte.

crisrj214

[29]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 6

whoever2100 wrote:
    i would choose one of the chobits series but a guy! hahhaha one perfect just for me like chi and hideki... ok now that i think about it... its wrong to fall in love with a computer! but i love this anime! and i would choose one like chi with feelings...

If they have feelings, are they really a machine? I chose Chii. I guess mainly because she's the best

ChobitsFan

[30]May 4, 2008
    • level: 12
    crisrj214 wrote:

whoever2100 wrote:
    i would choose one of the chobits series but a guy! hahhaha one perfect just for me like chi and hideki... ok now that i think about it... its wrong to fall in love with a computer! but i love this anime! and i would choose one like chi with feelings...

If they have feelings, are they really a machine? I chose Chii. I guess mainly because she's the best

That machines have feelings is an interesting part of the series. There's evidence that persocoms can do things their creators never intended for them to do. Zima and Dita fell in love (Did they in the anime? In the manga they did), which isn't anything a persocom's meant to do. Even before Chi's final program allowed persocoms to love humans, two persocoms developed the ability to love each other. It has been said that persocoms cannot act outside of their programming, yet machines are able to write their own programs based on what they already have. Their ability to think and feel is entirely different from the ways humans act, yet I cannot deny that persocoms have "feelings". Human feelings, after all, are illusions, as well, triggered by the brain in response to complex happenings. If powerful enough, I think a machine can do anything a human can, just with different methods, using wires instead of nerves and a program instead of a brain. If that day ever comes when machines can give the illusion that they are sentient, the world will be incomprehensible beyond our imagination.

I definitely want a persocom and I want Freya! Chi's actually a little more powerful than Freya only because of she has that final program, but still, I want to try to revive Freya's destroyed soul and give her a life to live again (if I can).

Edited on 05/04/2008 4:44pm

crisrj214

[31]May 5, 2008
    • level: 6

I completely agree(even the Freya part. I like her more than Chii). We can look at ourselves the same way as we do persocoms. Let's say for a moment that creation is true(please, don't stray off onto the Evolution VS. Creation battlefield). According to the Bible, God created humans to do only good. But humans strayed from their original "programming" and began doing the opposite of what they were supposed. So humans created their own program to run.

Some may not know this, but we very close to attaining a near sentient robot as regards to intelligence and imitating emotions based on the situation that is presented. Their are robots being made that, like Chii, learn through experience and learn just like little children. One such robot, who's name escapes me at the moment, did act of its own accord outside of its programming. So it is very possible for something similar to what happened in Chobits to happen in our reality.

This is one reason I love anime. The majority of anime has a deeeper more profound aspect to it. I think most of these are within the seinen category of anime. Anyway, I think I'm starting a tangent so I'll end here.

leofiregod

[32]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 7
    I'd want a chobits.

GoHaN_Buu

[33]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 11
    Chii is the best but of course something like sumomo is also fine

PPG-Katelyn

[34]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 16
    I think a security one would be pretty interesting to have.

ThunderGod15

[35]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 1
    One in a cute maid uniform