Chocolate News Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2008)

DAG is "urban"?

Zelemont

[1]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 5
    TV.com describes this show as "urban-leaning". I think that is a politically correct term for black. Is DAG really supposed to be "urban"? He sure doesnt sound urban to me. He also doesn't sound funny to me. I was so happy during the period of time when this hack was jobless and I didn't have to see him on my tv. Why oh why does comedy central feel the need to give this guy work? And why do they feel the need to constantly air shows that are obviously going to be canceled before the end of the season? What's next? Another Adam Corolla show? There are so many good young comedians out there who could do a much better job.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DaReverend1

[2]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 10
    Zelemont wrote:
    TV.com describes this show as "urban-leaning". I think that is a politically correct term for black. Is DAG really supposed to be "urban"? He sure doesnt sound urban to me. He also doesn't sound funny to me. I was so happy during the period of time when this hack was jobless and I didn't have to see him on my tv. Why oh why does comedy central feel the need to give this guy work? And why do they feel the need to constantly air shows that are obviously going to be canceled before the end of the season? What's next? Another Adam Corolla show? There are so many good young comedians out there who could do a much better job.

If you don't like the show, then just don't watch it.

Zelemont

[3]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 5
    Believe me, I don't plan on it. Doesn't mean I cant give it a terrible review and complain about comedy central using an unfunny hack in an attempt to replace chapelle's show, which is offensive to fans of chapelle who is a REAL comedian.

DaReverend1

[4]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 10
    You have a point, Chappelle was MUCH better. I can see how some people wouldn't like this show (I only saw one episode when I replied to you the first time), but i'm a Chappelle fan and this show is pretty good to me. No offense, but this is something more suited for a review, not really a thread.