Tuesday 10:00 PM on Food Network Premiered Jan 13, 2009 In Season

Chopped Fan Reviews (214)

• Food Contamination

I really enjoy watching Chopped,.. is basic food safety not a concern? It's a great show that teaches a lot of viewers new recipes and new techniques, however, I think that teaching viewers how to cook food safely would be a great benefit for the show and their viewers. I am watching the show now, and basic hygiene does not seem to matter. The contestant "Zack", has a "scrubby" beard all over his face and neck. Contestants should be required to shave and wear hair nets. And using your bare hands to mix a salad is absolutely gross, especially when I've never, ever seen a contestant wash their hands to avoid cross-contamination.
  • Is Chopped Judges Prejudice or Not????

I wondered these every since I've been watching it all the way to the Goldd Medal games for the grand finale.

Reason I am having this question in my mind is because everytime a Black chief enter and the make a simple mistake like not enough season vs a white chief leaving one of the basket ingredients out of the appetizers, the main meal, or dessert round. I feel like leaving out an ingredient is ruled as an automatic disqualification due to they didn't preform there ultimate best as a chief if they didn't incorporate the entire basket in their dish especially for a chance of $50,000.00.

At first I thought I was wrong but every episode I've seen with a black chief in the competition get cut out of every one I've seen in the new episode..

Just asking. 01/30/2017 I just watched the Gold Medial games episode for the $50,000 and not one BLACK PERSON on there to have a chance to win and to see thia was the concern in 2016 and no one changed it is awful why so u Judges dislike BLACKS if u was somewhere and saw a soul food place u would go and eat there bur u don't like BLACKS REALLY ... Its like that on the kids show as well OMG at least The grocery show with GUY on it isn't just last night a little BLACK girl won $20,000.

• Love the for....................

I think the show is great, especially the chopped juniors. My biggest complaint is: contestants touches their hair while cooking. In all the kitchens I've worked in, we always either wore nets or had our hair pulled away from our face. It is gross to watch a cook push their hair away with their hands while preparing ingredients, YUK! I just watched the blue haired junior win chopped and she several times had her hands on her would have instantly chopped her just for that. Why aren't they told before they even enter the kitchen to do something with their hair. I've seen the adults do it too, along with sweating over the
  • Go Home!

Alton Brown, the science guy: go home, this is a food show, enough of your posturing, blah, blah, blah.
  • season33 ep6

A black male was on the show and the judges where reviewing his dish and the were correcting it and they judges said what he had to correct and said If you don't know now you know. I thought there was no reason to say that just because he was black.
  • Racist?

I am surprised at these reviews saying the show is racist. I just finished watching the latest episode, and a black chef, from Haiti, won, and deservedly. I also remember a few seasons ago, a black chef won the tournament of champions. So, I am not sure how these opinions fit. i don't always agree with the judges, but that is the suspense of the show.
  • This show is racist and I'm done watching it

I thought it was just me but after watching my LAST episode of chopped, the Father's Day special with dad's and their daughter or son. The team from NJ didn't transform an ingredient and they still won? But this was not my first time noticing this. I NEVER see black people win. This includes chopped jr too! I'm done watching it's clearly a racist show.
  • they choose who they want!

now I have watched plenty of chopped episodes. Even though I have watch a fair share of them, i guess I never payed very close attention it. i just got done watching season 34 episode .Newlywed game. And can't nobody tell me they didn't cheat them african American couple out of a win. I say that because the caucasian couple had a raw tortilla and raw dough in the third round. and they was still able to win? especially when they chopped the second couple for overcooked meat.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, is it me or do everyone else notice the BLACK people always get chopped??, Stevie wonder can see the BS!, they make it seem like black people cant cook, or their standards aren't good enough, I'm not saying BLACK people are suppose to always win.. BUT almost never??? something ain't right ////Somebody need to contact the producers of the show, it makes no sense!! people need to start waking up and see this country for what it is...
  • African Americans always get chopped first

I thought I was the only one to notice that African American chefs are always/most of the times the first ones to get chopped. I can't say the same of other groups such as Latino or Italians for instance because I've seen them win. I'm not Af Am by the way
  • Chopped judges are just racist

People of color have pretty much no chance of winning. They come on the show and either get Chopped first or lose in the dessert round. It's happens so often that it's really obvious. On Chopped Junior, children of color ALWAYS lose to the "adorable little white It's just so annoying, and it makes the show unbearable to watch. Literally every single time so watch Chopped I make a bet with myself that the chef of color will be chopped first and 8/10, I'm right.
  • No chance!

I love Chopped it is one of my favorite shows. But I have a problem. If you are a black chef you do not stand a chance at winning the show. I've watched so many episodes when black chefs clearly cook better than any other chef. Make it to the desert round & then gets chopped. Like it's so many shows where they, no matter what always chop the black chef at the end. It hurts because it seems like they set the chef up for disappointment. I don't think this show is fair at all. Maybe all blacks should stop going on this show, because clearly if you're black you will not win!!
  • You do not have a chance if you are a minority

So I am seeing a marathon of cooking shows , chopped, junior chef etc. one thing became abundantly evident. If you are colored, Hispanic, women, minorities in any way and you are pitted against a Caucasian male , 100% of the time the Caucasian will win. Just now Andre a colored immigrant minority lost out to a Caucasian male Adam. Andre is an amazing chef and my sense of fair play got a severe beating by this result. You don't stand a chance in these shows if you any kind of minority.
  • Disappointed

My husband and I enjoy watching Chopped but when a person of color is a contestant we automatically know they are not going to make it to the finish line and we have been correct 99% of the time. It is truly disheartening and disappointing to consistently watch this show and see people of color consistently get chopped.
  • Mean Judges

I've just recently started watching this show. I like learning the cooking techniques and terms and I like competition. I actually like the show, but I am getting very annoyed with the judegs, because I can't figure out what is the purpose of of being mean? Is this suppose to make the show more exciting? The judges glare at the chefs and rarely smile. They do not seem to have a sense of humor or personality, because they all seem to be the same, just plain mean. Does being a chopped judge mean you are a snob and everyone is beneath go out of their way to be mean. What's up with that? Seems a little harsh and unnecassary, even if some of it, all of it is WHY?
  • New judges

Who ever said Afro American get chopped first was right on point. Please take a look at season 31 episode 20 was clearly base on not the food but a Filipino sad story. I love watching chopped but now something is going on with the maybe prejudice judge ales the Italian women judge..
  • Racist Show Ever!!!

I dont understand why African Americans keep going on any of this networks competitive shows. YOU WON'T WIN IT'S INEVITABLE!! African Americans are purposely setting themselves up for failure. Whats even more heartbreaking is African Americans send their kids on this network shows to have them heartbroken and totally exposed to the reality that because you have skin pigments given by God which you have no control over you are hated and less than. It's sad and hurtful African Americans don't stand a chance. Please get the memo I dont care how good you are food network DOES NOT WANT YOU THERE!!
  • Know your maple syrup

I just saw the episode titled _Million_Dollar_Baskets_. The judges made out like grade A maple syrup is something special. ALL consumer maple syrups are grade A.

The old US and Canadian maple syrup grades

Grade A Light Amber (Canada No. 1 Extra Light)

Grade A Medium Amber (Canada No. 1 Light)

Grade A Dark Amber (Canada No. 1 Medium)

Grade B (Canada No. 2 Amber)

Commercial Grade (Canada No. 3 Dark) -- used for stuff like candy making.

Since the US and Canada harmonized their grading systems we now have

Grade A Gloden Color, Delecate Taste

Grace A Amber Color, Rich Taste

Grade A Dark Color, Robust Taste

Grade A Very Dark Color, Strong Taste

Processing Grade (former Commercial Grade).

The grade has absolutely nothing to do with quality. It has to do with color and [strength of] taste. So making out like Grade A is something special is really quite bogus.
  • WHAT?

Wow! Big Chopped fan, but... there were 2 contestants that finished early on the 'new years bash' 12/20/16. Funny was the one who was singled out and CHOPPED, because you THOUGHT he had some sort of attitude (which he didn't!). Judge Aaron, what's with the "Oh lordy, lordy, straight afterward? DID NOT go unnoticed! Not cool!

• The judges

Every time I watch Chopped the judge Alex she always has something negative or bad to say about the food. She always looks at the African American cooks bad like they are dirty and there food is just horrible. I wish I could judge her cooking just one day. I would really love to see if she can get down like she really say she could. I bet my cooking would kill hers any time.
  • Chopped

Seems to me all the African Americans are always getting chopped first. On the episodes that ive seen
  • Gringo??

I watched an episode of chopped tonight where the judges were competing. I have to say I was disappointed in that Aaron made a comment that he does not eat tuna casserole as that is gringo food. That would not of been well received if this comment was made about a food typically eaten by another race like Hispanics or African Americans. Double standard??
  • Chopped 6:30-7:00 pm on 11/29/16

I think it was wrong . I watch chopped all the time and it was wrong they just chopped someone who clearly won. The winner they picked didn't complete a desert he gave up and ran out of time. This happens a good bit and it makes me hate the show and not want to watch it anymore and if they actually read these comments I am going to tell others . WORD OF MOUTH IS THE BEST SOLUTION also a judge once made a comment about a person with a disability and really should be removed from tv for it . Maybe it should be reported to the news and media they would be all over it for Hot dog episode "
  • I love chopped but---

I love to watch chopped except when Maneet is one of the judges! She never has anything nice to say! Although the other judges have criticism- they generally find a positive!

I am always able to guess the loser of the round based upon their gender and race because chopped always sends races home and women. It's a constant In a world full of variables.
  • The judges are jerks

The contestants are on live television for the whole world to see and told to make a good meal in only 20minutes. Then when they make mistakes the judges get pissed and put them down. Stopped watching the show because people don't deserve to be treated that way.
  • Racist judges

I really use 2 like watching dis its CLEAR they are racist against BLACKS! Won't be watching anymore, won't be surprised if someone files a
  • Fantastic show.

One of my favorite shows. I've learned a lot from watching it and it's always to see them handle these crazy ingredients.

My biggest issue is how many fans accuse it of being racist. There's a good reason why there are more white male winners, and that's because that's the majority of the contestants that appear on the show. I've rarely seen a chop that I disagree with.
  • Rasist

Has any black participant ever won Chopped? Never or rarely... Every time the person getting chopped is a non-white guy or Gal. We know the result you don't need to elaborate on it. You guys are so biased when it comes to selecting the winner.
  • The household judge

Dear Chopped,

I love the show. I understand in reality TV there is always a certain amount of scripted material to make the show more entertaining. My only vision for improving the show would be to have a household judge: someone with no formal culinary experience. The vast majority of the viewers are everyday people. The palate of everyday people would be an asset to the show. Imagine the clientele of the household judges: mothers who prepared meals from whatever available food items in the house; people who frequently dine out; and the list can go on. In any event, I volunteer to be the first household judge.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8