Chopped

Tuesday 10:00 PM on Food Network Premiered Jan 13, 2009 In Season

AngieJane

Chopped Fan Reviews (163)

• Feeling really insulted

Ok now you wonder why black actors feel some type of way this is a kids show and I see racisim all the way thru. Me and my 3 yr granddaughter has watched every episode and she asked the question nana do any black kids win and I said no so she is very discouraged. Sit the damn show down
  • one sided show

People can clearly see how the judges show favoritism with the white contestants. I like to watch the show because I like to see the people cook. But I'm really annoyed at how the whites seem to win no matter how unprofessional, messy, tasteless or undercooked/overcooked their dish is. Judges, if you're going to be racist on broad TV, at least have some couth at doing so. Replace these judges, they have no right to be associated with this show!!!!
  • your judge are racist

every chief that I seen on the show always get chopped but when a white person leave one thing out in a plate you keep that person go to the last round.. unbelievable.. I will never watch this show again.
  • unfair representation

I am an african american and i am sick and tired of seeing blacks being underrepresented on this network. We are not cast in a very good light. Not many black hosts and when we are a contestant on shows, more times than not, the blacks never win. this is some straight up bull***. Its just the white mans attempt to keep us down and make us look ignorant and unaware. All of the competitive shows are biased including chopped. I hate the network!!!!!!!
  • Don't try out if you Are African American! (Unless you are going on the show to get noticed elsewhere! )

It's really clear that after reading All the reviews it is safe to say that the judges appear to be a bit bias. I thought it was the only one that thought African American people always get chopped. I feel that they are bought on the show and made a complete mockery of because the judges have no intention of letting them win even if their dish is the best. .as many episodes I've watched i only saw 1 black male win.
  • Racist as hell

So I just finished watching the episode about the Bacon Boys & I am livid! The black guy performed well throughout the entire 3 courses and they found every excuse to give it to the white guy! This is bullshit and I will never watch again!!!! Cancel this show!!!!
  • the show Chopped

I agree that the judges are showing signs of racism with the way they judge. If you like a black contestant dish better than someone of another race, its ok! But dont make them feel like their going to win by giving them high credits on their dishes that they make and then at the very end vote them off because they are not of a certain race, when you knew in your heart that their dish was a winner.
  • Choppism

This is one of the most "racism by omission" against African Americans show I've seen yet. The judges consistently allow blacks to compete and win until a black contestant gets to the final two, at this point an African American can clearly be winning on every category and its at this point that at least one judge, predominantly a white female trashes the black contestant. The rest is history, pure and blatant racism which is totally unacceptable and needs to be addressed. I believe in fairness not color. Clean it up now!
  • I hate this show

Why is it that no matter how depressing or horrible their life story is, the coloured never win this show? Yet the whites could be competing for something such as a chance to open their restaurant and they make it to chopped superstars? This show is so extremely biased and overrated, it's absurd. Why does anyone even watch this show, retire it already Jesus Christ.
  • Not a fair show

I watched chopped America on February 5th.. The chef on the show was chopped due to hair from his beard in his plate. If this is the case the contestants should wear hairnets, beard nets and gloves. It is very unsanitary. I find it not fair..
  • The show is an unprofession view.

I can't wait to view critics remarks, the judges are so arrogant, they either have their nose up to the ceiling or they smell their own mess. African American's don't have a fair chance on the show. Chefs Collide was the most critical show, this show is so obvious I have cancel all records and I don't watch it anymore. Alex so stuck up, Geoffrey that arrogant sob should have been at home soaking up retirement and Sanchez, not any of them should be judges because there head is so big for thinking they are the only cooks in the world and Alex always messing up because the nose to far in the air. I don't even know why African- Americans let them fool them to be on the show, they are destine to loose only or two has won. I bet that killed the judges because they must let someone black win. I have stopped watching the show it is to obvisious how much prejudice is on there.
  • Desperately seeking Emily

Rarely do you hear a Judge say "hers was the one that I enjoyed the Least, of all of them tonight", then she wins?

A joke. The older Black woman clearly out cooked Emily in 2/3 rounds said the Judges, and yet she loses? Not even credible. They so desperately wanted to give her the money-weak.
  • You lost me at EYEBALLS!~

There was no need to shock viewers with EYEBALLS! The show was perfect already!~ I will never watch again.. !!!! I still feel sick about the eyeball show, which I turned off immediately obviously. You went way too far.. IDIOTS!~
  • Yawn...

FN should put this one to rest it's only worth falling a sleep to,
  • Frankly Frantic Series (Chopped episode 5284 - Tuesday December 16, 2014)

This is an issue that has been frustrating me for some time and this episode of Chopped finally prompted me to write.

Scott Conant is a hypocritical misogynist. He continually attacks female chefs/contestants in a very condescending obnoxious way. In this particular show he rants about the unprofessional way "Kristen" handles a fish; he claims to be "offended" and that it makes all chefs look bad.

Meanwhile, in every show that Scott is in, he uses his knife as a fork to taste the food. This is not only unprofessional, it is bad etiquette, dangerous and puts all chefs in a bad light.

Not sure where this resentment towards women comes from but he should seek help and should STOP PUTTING A KNIFE IN HIS MOUTH. I think it is time he resigns as a judge.

• Teen chopped

Please don't make these episodes anymore. Those kids talk to much with their sob stories.
  • no point

A man made soup on a pizza theme.

No point in the show rules anymore
  • ULTIMATE CHOPPED BIASED & RIGGED - WILL NEVER WATCH AGAIN!

THE RECENT ULTIMATE CHOPPED WHERE THE JUDGES SELECTED AN AMATEUR, SINGLE-MOM, ETHNICALLY DIVERSE OVER A WHITE MAIL PROFESSIONAL CHEF SMACKED OF BIAS AND FELT ENTIRELY RIGGED. I WILL NEVER WATCH AGAIN UNLESS THE SHOW CHANGES TO A "BLIND" FORMAT WHERE THE CHEF WHO COOKED EACH DISH IS NOT KNOWN.
  • too much bias in show

after watching the ultimate chop show and some woman who never did go to culinary school beat out a chef with VASTLY higher experience I really feel this show is rigged and bias. To be be fair I think the judges should NOT KNOW who cooked what but each dish has just a number. And given a rating. Base on that it's even possible to have a tie as well. To decide that its one more cook off or double prize. Another peeve is that ech contestant does not have the full opportunity to utilize the kitchen. The Ice Cream machine comes to mind - first come first the pun. Each contestant should have use of a fully operational kitchen segregated from each other. They do not have to say 'behind' to anyone as they are fully isolated from each other. Everyone has a ice cream machine, blast chiller, refrig and you get the message.
  • Skewered Rules?

I recently watched an episode of Chopped where the final winner missed a key ingredient in the appetizer round. The judges spoke that his dishes were not the best overall and yet he still won. I thought missing a basket ingredient was grounds for disqualification? Am I mistaken? It seems that they have opened a door for each contestant to pick and choose what ingredients he/she wants to prepare their dishes with and still be able to win. The rules are skewered and Chopped has been chopped from any further viewing by me and my family.
  • Premier champion for charity

Thought judges were bias having Scott win. He truly was not the winner in my opinion
  • bye bye chopped banned from our home have a criteria but do what you want not a good message for our house

• Respect family's

I was watching chopped with my 10 year old little girl chopped is our favorite show chopped had been talking to the contestants when a gay women had been talking about her wife what does cooking and being gay have to do with anything please respect morals and traditional family's beeing homosexual is wrong its up to you to respect every body not just gays it is very disrespectful to bring this to my living room I do not want my children being exposed to this kind of thing please do not pollute there minds
  • this isnt "Who has the biggest sob story"

ok PLEASE SHUT UP AND COOK

I really dont care if your hubby is laid off

if you were a stripper

if your mom is a lush

SHUT UP AND COOK

"Why are you here" they are there for $10K THATS WHY!!!!!!!!!

its utterly IGNORANT to sit there and chop a chef that actually CAN one that admits they are self taught and have lost 2-3 resturants

trying to force feed us "human interest" and let them just COOK

I really dont CARE about their hard lives or their losses

in short?

SHUT UP AND COOK
  • The butt naked truth

Theses judges are racist! PERIOD!!! I watched the Grilltastic show today at 7:00. It was a horrible shame that the African American guy was the only contestant to transform his tofu. The judges raved about it and turned around and stabbed the poor guy in his back by eliminating him. Pathetic!!!!! This is not my first concern about this issue and I am done watching this show. There are no need for your comments on my post. I do not know you and you do not know me. I am entitle to MY opinion. FIX IT FOOD IS JUST TOO OBVIOUS!!!!!

• Sweet Second Chances

I love "Chopped". I tape all shows so I don't miss them. I almost always agree with the judges BUT the show Sweet Second Chances was NOT based on what the judges had said about the 3 courses. Even the winner said he didn't win but Johann won and he gave her the money to go see her Grandmother. You 3 judges made a huge mistake and I am SURE you know it. What the heck happened???? It was almost enough to make me quit watching the show. Shame shame on you 3.
  • NON JUDGE TED ALLEN

Why does Ted always have a snotty comment to make????He wasn't chosen as a judge,ever wonder why Ted??
  • Love the show,but!

I see this show is obviously racist against African Americans. Unfortunately, but not surprising. If not for that, I would've rated it a 10.
  • Winner being judged on more than dessert round

Why are the chefs being judge in the final round on more than the dessert they made? My point being if they are in the dessert round that's what they should be judged on not the appetizer or entree, they were already judged on those.
  • Maybe not fixed but certainly racist

1.5
    Fisrt show the Black fireman was eliminated his meat over cooked but so was another

Next show a White lady left off her almonds; she won the show against a Black whose food was just as good and he didn't miss any ingredients.

Next show a White left off ingredient the judge said that was a terrible error and was chopped

I like the show but didn't realize how racist the judges were. I won't watch when Black chiefs are on because I know the outcome! Shame on the judges! It's insulting to listen to them make up reasons to chop the Blacks. Aired 11/6
< 1 2 3 4 5 6