Chopped

Tuesday 10:00 PM on Food Network Premiered Jan 13, 2009 In Season

AngieJane

Chopped Fan Reviews (200)

5.8
  • Mean Judges

I've just recently started watching this show. I like learning the cooking techniques and terms and I like competition. I actually like the show, but I am getting very annoyed with the judegs, because I can't figure out what is the purpose of of being mean? Is this suppose to make the show more exciting? The judges glare at the chefs and rarely smile. They do not seem to have a sense of humor or personality, because they all seem to be the same, just plain mean. Does being a chopped judge mean you are a snob and everyone is beneath go out of their way to be mean. What's up with that? Seems a little harsh and unnecassary, even if some of it, all of it is WHY?
  • New judges

Who ever said Afro American get chopped first was right on point. Please take a look at season 31 episode 20 was clearly base on not the food but a Filipino sad story. I love watching chopped but now something is going on with the maybe prejudice judge ales the Italian women judge..
  • Racist Show Ever!!!

I dont understand why African Americans keep going on any of this networks competitive shows. YOU WON'T WIN IT'S INEVITABLE!! African Americans are purposely setting themselves up for failure. Whats even more heartbreaking is African Americans send their kids on this network shows to have them heartbroken and totally exposed to the reality that because you have skin pigments given by God which you have no control over you are hated and less than. It's sad and hurtful African Americans don't stand a chance. Please get the memo I dont care how good you are food network DOES NOT WANT YOU THERE!!
  • Know your maple syrup

I just saw the episode titled _Million_Dollar_Baskets_. The judges made out like grade A maple syrup is something special. ALL consumer maple syrups are grade A.

The old US and Canadian maple syrup grades

Grade A Light Amber (Canada No. 1 Extra Light)

Grade A Medium Amber (Canada No. 1 Light)

Grade A Dark Amber (Canada No. 1 Medium)

Grade B (Canada No. 2 Amber)

Commercial Grade (Canada No. 3 Dark) -- used for stuff like candy making.

Since the US and Canada harmonized their grading systems we now have

Grade A Gloden Color, Delecate Taste

Grace A Amber Color, Rich Taste

Grade A Dark Color, Robust Taste

Grade A Very Dark Color, Strong Taste

Processing Grade (former Commercial Grade).

The grade has absolutely nothing to do with quality. It has to do with color and [strength of] taste. So making out like Grade A is something special is really quite bogus.
  • WHAT?

Wow! Big Chopped fan, but... there were 2 contestants that finished early on the 'new years bash' 12/20/16. Funny was the one who was singled out and CHOPPED, because you THOUGHT he had some sort of attitude (which he didn't!). Judge Aaron, what's with the "Oh lordy, lordy, straight afterward? DID NOT go unnoticed! Not cool!

• The judges

3.5
    Every time I watch Chopped the judge Alex she always has something negative or bad to say about the food. She always looks at the African American cooks bad like they are dirty and there food is just horrible. I wish I could judge her cooking just one day. I would really love to see if she can get down like she really say she could. I bet my cooking would kill hers any time.
  • Chopped

Seems to me all the African Americans are always getting chopped first. On the episodes that ive seen
  • Gringo??

4.5
    I watched an episode of chopped tonight where the judges were competing. I have to say I was disappointed in that Aaron made a comment that he does not eat tuna casserole as that is gringo food. That would not of been well received if this comment was made about a food typically eaten by another race like Hispanics or African Americans. Double standard??
  • Chopped 6:30-7:00 pm on 11/29/16

I think it was wrong . I watch chopped all the time and it was wrong they just chopped someone who clearly won. The winner they picked didn't complete a desert he gave up and ran out of time. This happens a good bit and it makes me hate the show and not want to watch it anymore and if they actually read these comments I am going to tell others . WORD OF MOUTH IS THE BEST SOLUTION also a judge once made a comment about a person with a disability and really should be removed from tv for it . Maybe it should be reported to the news and media they would be all over it for Hot dog episode "
  • I love chopped but---

I love to watch chopped except when Maneet is one of the judges! She never has anything nice to say! Although the other judges have criticism- they generally find a positive!
  • #CHOPPEDISRACISTANDMASSAGERISTIC

I am always able to guess the loser of the round based upon their gender and race because chopped always sends races home and women. It's a constant In a world full of variables.
  • The judges are jerks

3.5
    The contestants are on live television for the whole world to see and told to make a good meal in only 20minutes. Then when they make mistakes the judges get pissed and put them down. Stopped watching the show because people don't deserve to be treated that way.
  • Racist judges

I really use 2 like watching dis its CLEAR they are racist against BLACKS! Won't be watching anymore, won't be surprised if someone files a
  • Fantastic show.

One of my favorite shows. I've learned a lot from watching it and it's always to see them handle these crazy ingredients.

My biggest issue is how many fans accuse it of being racist. There's a good reason why there are more white male winners, and that's because that's the majority of the contestants that appear on the show. I've rarely seen a chop that I disagree with.
  • Rasist

Has any black participant ever won Chopped? Never or rarely... Every time the person getting chopped is a non-white guy or Gal. We know the result you don't need to elaborate on it. You guys are so biased when it comes to selecting the winner.
  • The household judge

Dear Chopped,

I love the show. I understand in reality TV there is always a certain amount of scripted material to make the show more entertaining. My only vision for improving the show would be to have a household judge: someone with no formal culinary experience. The vast majority of the viewers are everyday people. The palate of everyday people would be an asset to the show. Imagine the clientele of the household judges: mothers who prepared meals from whatever available food items in the house; people who frequently dine out; and the list can go on. In any event, I volunteer to be the first household judge.
  • What is even happening anymore

1.5
    This show is honestly awful. All I think while I'm watching is: how much worse can it get? Each round gets weirder and worse. The amount of fake accidents/acting hurts my soul. The chefs all are awful. It's not that hard to boil your ravioli Jack. I've had it. Watching these shtheads miss putting their sauces and secret ingredients in the plate. Jeez man. Overall the chefs suck, judges are awful and acting is outrageously hurtful. 1.5/10
  • Racism/New Judges

The concept of the show is great, but racism is all over it. Why not just say no blacks are allowed? This is ridiculous how long this show has been getting away with this. Someone needs to do something. The judges can't give a reason for the blacks being eliminated. O, just because your black. No Black winners or judges
  • Racism or naw

I watch chopped everyday and I believe that every good black American dish is chopped. Even it is best please address this alot of African American have stop watching because of this. Where is Barbara Smith or Bryant Terri get diverse chefs
  • Need to stop handicapping contestants

The idea is to see how well contestants can do in converting basket items and make a good dish. BUT, You have 2 contestants in desert round and often one is sabatoged by the other because there is not enough time to share ice cream maker... Be fair get a 2nd ice cream maker. Similar deal with fryer .. 3-4 contestants and one fryer with 2 baskets.... at least 1/3 of time someone cant utilize fryer in time to do dish ... get another fryer. I dont think you should handicap them over cost of a fryer and ice cream maker.
  • Suspicion confirmed

It's funny because I started watching this show and realized EVERY show had 1 black contestant and I started wondering if it was their way of trying to avoid raising suspicion of being racist and then I started realizing they are ALWAYS chopped. They tried to hard to not look like what they are. You put a black person on EVERY SHOW and chop them every time. That was a red flag in itself. Dummies
  • Marc Murphy comment

I watched the "hot dog" episode. Marc Murphy, a judge, made a comment on his description of a dish describing it as someone with a disability. How dare you. You should be removed from this show and any others as a judge.
  • Just plain Racist....

Everyday I think this show is getting more and more unfair. Recently a rattlesnake episode had a young black boy, who wanted to be an army like his father, chopped for just plainly DROPPING a piece of a rice krispy treat! 3 white kids all had faulty excuses but the black boy had to be the one to go... One of the white kids had overcooked her meat and it was BLACK all over yet the black boy had to go...... You can easily see the black boy crying when he left......
  • No Salt, burnt food, you are white no problem!

I have been binge watching this show and it is a shame how racist this show is. In one episode, one person served burnt potato, another added no salt to her lamb. The third person made a Bangladeshi curry, the best tasting bite according to judges, with peppers which masked the flavor of Rhubarb she was shown to have added to the dish. She get chopped for these reason and Mr Burnt and Ms No Salt proceed.

In another episode, an Armenian creates the best lamb according to the judges themselves, the judges show other dishes having serious flaws such as raw meat, they chop the Armenian for adding mayo to his alioli.

In yet another case, an Indian chef makes and presents the best dish per judges, other two have serious problems like omission on their dishes, the Indian chef gets chopped.

In another, a black kid gets chopped in the final round when the competing dish is a mess.

I mean the judges' decision should at least be consistent with their own critique! Or may be they should mention ethnicity in the critique openly and face up to it.

• This is ridiculous!! Racist all the way!!

The judges and the people behind the scenes are a bunch of racist bitches!! What's the point of having black people on there at all when u know they are not gonna win anyways. It's just to fill a space and make it look good for . Ur not fooling anybody losers. And they wonder why the bullshit in this country is getting no better.. Now I'm sure they are looking at the reviews and assuming everyone that's writing is black or Hispanic (whatever), well guess what I'm white as snow. I hate unfair bull and this needs to stop!! They need better judges period. Get some real people on the show that aren't bias assholes!!
  • Racist!!!!!!

Dude at first I was in denial but after the 3rd time watching this show it's very clear they are totally racist specially Chris Santos. Pretty ironic that's he's last name is Hispanic lol

I'm a strong Latina women and people really need to get over themselves! Diversity is beautiful and makes the world go round!
  • So Disappointed!!!

I really like this show but I am angry it is so racist!! I am white and recognize no matter how good the black contestants do they always get chopped!!! The show is getting old now because I can already choose the winner from the beginning. I am really disappointed in the show.
  • OMG I thought I was the only one!

Yes this show is super racist. I stopped watching it after they eliminated the Armenian cook, it was just so ridiculous, he was the best, but I guess not white enough. No more chopped Netflix for me. I wasn't sure at first, I was, crap this looks odd, those people seem really racist, and I went to this website and yes I am not alone thinking those three judges are white trashes and garbages. I won't watch the show anymore and will discuss the racism piece of the show with friends. Disgusting. I can't even give it a 0 when this is what the show is worth.
  • Chopped is a racist show.

All the judges are clowns, and ALL of the white judges are RACIST. Cancel the show if you morons don't start judging fairly!!!!
  • Judges are so prissy

Aaron Sanchez goes on to a contestant about all of the flaws with her dish and then goes on to say there isn't enough on the plate to judge on. Clearly there was enough for him to make so many critical remarks. Prissy little girl, that Aaron.
FOOD