Chopped

Tuesday 10:00 PM on Food Network Premiered Jan 13, 2009 In Season

AngieJane

Chopped Fan Reviews (194)

5.8
  • Chopped

Seems to me all the African Americans are always getting chopped first. On the episodes that ive seen
  • Gringo??

4.5
    I watched an episode of chopped tonight where the judges were competing. I have to say I was disappointed in that Aaron made a comment that he does not eat tuna casserole as that is gringo food. That would not of been well received if this comment was made about a food typically eaten by another race like Hispanics or African Americans. Double standard??
  • Chopped 6:30-7:00 pm on 11/29/16

I think it was wrong . I watch chopped all the time and it was wrong they just chopped someone who clearly won. The winner they picked didn't complete a desert he gave up and ran out of time. This happens a good bit and it makes me hate the show and not want to watch it anymore and if they actually read these comments I am going to tell others . WORD OF MOUTH IS THE BEST SOLUTION also a judge once made a comment about a person with a disability and really should be removed from tv for it . Maybe it should be reported to the news and media they would be all over it for Hot dog episode "
  • I love chopped but---

I love to watch chopped except when Maneet is one of the judges! She never has anything nice to say! Although the other judges have criticism- they generally find a positive!
  • #CHOPPEDISRACISTANDMASSAGERISTIC

I am always able to guess the loser of the round based upon their gender and race because chopped always sends races home and women. It's a constant In a world full of variables.
  • The judges are jerks

3.5
    The contestants are on live television for the whole world to see and told to make a good meal in only 20minutes. Then when they make mistakes the judges get pissed and put them down. Stopped watching the show because people don't deserve to be treated that way.
  • Racist judges

I really use 2 like watching dis its CLEAR they are racist against BLACKS! Won't be watching anymore, won't be surprised if someone files a
  • Fantastic show.

One of my favorite shows. I've learned a lot from watching it and it's always to see them handle these crazy ingredients.

My biggest issue is how many fans accuse it of being racist. There's a good reason why there are more white male winners, and that's because that's the majority of the contestants that appear on the show. I've rarely seen a chop that I disagree with.
  • Rasist

Has any black participant ever won Chopped? Never or rarely... Every time the person getting chopped is a non-white guy or Gal. We know the result you don't need to elaborate on it. You guys are so biased when it comes to selecting the winner.
  • The household judge

Dear Chopped,

I love the show. I understand in reality TV there is always a certain amount of scripted material to make the show more entertaining. My only vision for improving the show would be to have a household judge: someone with no formal culinary experience. The vast majority of the viewers are everyday people. The palate of everyday people would be an asset to the show. Imagine the clientele of the household judges: mothers who prepared meals from whatever available food items in the house; people who frequently dine out; and the list can go on. In any event, I volunteer to be the first household judge.
  • What is even happening anymore

1.5
    This show is honestly awful. All I think while I'm watching is: how much worse can it get? Each round gets weirder and worse. The amount of fake accidents/acting hurts my soul. The chefs all are awful. It's not that hard to boil your ravioli Jack. I've had it. Watching these shtheads miss putting their sauces and secret ingredients in the plate. Jeez man. Overall the chefs suck, judges are awful and acting is outrageously hurtful. 1.5/10
  • Racism/New Judges

The concept of the show is great, but racism is all over it. Why not just say no blacks are allowed? This is ridiculous how long this show has been getting away with this. Someone needs to do something. The judges can't give a reason for the blacks being eliminated. O, just because your black. No Black winners or judges
  • Racism or naw

I watch chopped everyday and I believe that every good black American dish is chopped. Even it is best please address this alot of African American have stop watching because of this. Where is Barbara Smith or Bryant Terri get diverse chefs
  • Need to stop handicapping contestants

The idea is to see how well contestants can do in converting basket items and make a good dish. BUT, You have 2 contestants in desert round and often one is sabatoged by the other because there is not enough time to share ice cream maker... Be fair get a 2nd ice cream maker. Similar deal with fryer .. 3-4 contestants and one fryer with 2 baskets.... at least 1/3 of time someone cant utilize fryer in time to do dish ... get another fryer. I dont think you should handicap them over cost of a fryer and ice cream maker.
  • Suspicion confirmed

It's funny because I started watching this show and realized EVERY show had 1 black contestant and I started wondering if it was their way of trying to avoid raising suspicion of being racist and then I started realizing they are ALWAYS chopped. They tried to hard to not look like what they are. You put a black person on EVERY SHOW and chop them every time. That was a red flag in itself. Dummies
  • Marc Murphy comment

I watched the "hot dog" episode. Marc Murphy, a judge, made a comment on his description of a dish describing it as someone with a disability. How dare you. You should be removed from this show and any others as a judge.
  • Just plain Racist....

Everyday I think this show is getting more and more unfair. Recently a rattlesnake episode had a young black boy, who wanted to be an army like his father, chopped for just plainly DROPPING a piece of a rice krispy treat! 3 white kids all had faulty excuses but the black boy had to be the one to go... One of the white kids had overcooked her meat and it was BLACK all over yet the black boy had to go...... You can easily see the black boy crying when he left......
  • No Salt, burnt food, you are white no problem!

I have been binge watching this show and it is a shame how racist this show is. In one episode, one person served burnt potato, another added no salt to her lamb. The third person made a Bangladeshi curry, the best tasting bite according to judges, with peppers which masked the flavor of Rhubarb she was shown to have added to the dish. She get chopped for these reason and Mr Burnt and Ms No Salt proceed.

In another episode, an Armenian creates the best lamb according to the judges themselves, the judges show other dishes having serious flaws such as raw meat, they chop the Armenian for adding mayo to his alioli.

In yet another case, an Indian chef makes and presents the best dish per judges, other two have serious problems like omission on their dishes, the Indian chef gets chopped.

In another, a black kid gets chopped in the final round when the competing dish is a mess.

I mean the judges' decision should at least be consistent with their own critique! Or may be they should mention ethnicity in the critique openly and face up to it.

• This is ridiculous!! Racist all the way!!

The judges and the people behind the scenes are a bunch of racist bitches!! What's the point of having black people on there at all when u know they are not gonna win anyways. It's just to fill a space and make it look good for . Ur not fooling anybody losers. And they wonder why the bullshit in this country is getting no better.. Now I'm sure they are looking at the reviews and assuming everyone that's writing is black or Hispanic (whatever), well guess what I'm white as snow. I hate unfair bull and this needs to stop!! They need better judges period. Get some real people on the show that aren't bias assholes!!
  • Racist!!!!!!

Dude at first I was in denial but after the 3rd time watching this show it's very clear they are totally racist specially Chris Santos. Pretty ironic that's he's last name is Hispanic lol

I'm a strong Latina women and people really need to get over themselves! Diversity is beautiful and makes the world go round!
  • So Disappointed!!!

I really like this show but I am angry it is so racist!! I am white and recognize no matter how good the black contestants do they always get chopped!!! The show is getting old now because I can already choose the winner from the beginning. I am really disappointed in the show.
  • OMG I thought I was the only one!

Yes this show is super racist. I stopped watching it after they eliminated the Armenian cook, it was just so ridiculous, he was the best, but I guess not white enough. No more chopped Netflix for me. I wasn't sure at first, I was, crap this looks odd, those people seem really racist, and I went to this website and yes I am not alone thinking those three judges are white trashes and garbages. I won't watch the show anymore and will discuss the racism piece of the show with friends. Disgusting. I can't even give it a 0 when this is what the show is worth.
  • Chopped is a racist show.

All the judges are clowns, and ALL of the white judges are RACIST. Cancel the show if you morons don't start judging fairly!!!!
  • Judges are so prissy

Aaron Sanchez goes on to a contestant about all of the flaws with her dish and then goes on to say there isn't enough on the plate to judge on. Clearly there was enough for him to make so many critical remarks. Prissy little girl, that Aaron.
  • The judges

5.5
    The judges need to cut the crap on the salt I feel like sending them a box of salt just to shut them up. So what if they use wrong bread, forget an ingredient if it take good without it what does it matter. The judges are so aggravating to seasoned or not seasoned enough give people a break.
  • Definitely need racially diverse judges

3.5
    Not being whiny. I have observed and commenting on what my eyes see and ears hear, Chopped needs to judge fairly and not be racist.
  • 2nd place again!!!

For the second week in a row,a black child has come in second place! I'ma keep it short n sweet, this shit blows! How can someone in the entree round makes 1 taco and that's considered an entree,she should have lost by that aspect alone! I've seen it done when all the are white! I really like this show,cause I like that these kids are really great chefs! I wish they would have had something like this when I was growing up. Clearly this show is racist!Tease them with second place and know one will notice! I'm really pissed,cause this child was representing Philly! I'm done watching! Food network..

You need to do better by these kids!!

• chopped and all food network shows r racist

as much as white people like to believe this world is racist and I hoped that the cooking competitions would not be, the only thing left on TV I was hoping I could watch, wrong. I see time after time blacks lose especially if they speak of being entrepreneurs or helping their families with the winnings. and I'm not whinning! and I will stop watching. I have seen a black woman get chopped for under cooked red meat, then when there wasn't a black person but a white person against a Latino person the white girl had under cooked fish and she won over the Latin guy. yes every episode has been racist unless the others were so blatantly bad then a black wins. they never have 4 blacks because that will mean a black will win. hummm. but they have 4 italians , 4 whites, 4 Latinos, NEVER 4 africans. . it's to be expected. it's white dominance due to the truth being that afrikans are the original people and huemans and had everything stolen but I will not go any further. I'm sure the white people will never understand.
  • Blacks = 2nd place

Watched the show today and man I can't explain how black girl and black adult did not win. It's hard to understand. There needs to be a more strategic way to judge because it's starting to feel like race is an issue
  • Let an african american win, let latinos participate!

Me and my husband are mexican, my husband pointed out that there's no latinos competing, maybe we dont teach our kids how to cook anymore the way our grandmas did in the past... But then I noticed that EVERY single time there's a white and black in the final round, white always wins, why? Why chopped, why?