Chopped

Tuesday 10:00 PM on Food Network Premiered Jan 13, 2009 In Season

AngieJane

Chopped Fan Reviews (149)

6.2
  • Racist as hell

So I just finished watching the episode about the Bacon Boys & I am livid! The black guy performed well throughout the entire 3 courses and they found every excuse to give it to the white guy! This is bullshit and I will never watch again!!!! Cancel this show!!!!
  • Racist!!

They always keep one black person until the final round and then find a dumb excuse to eliminate them.
  • Racist show

I'm so sick of the show and will never watch again. I've seen so many African Americans get chopped and they were great through out the entire show. I'm so made right now. I hope that show goes off. Bunch of ass holes.
  • Is it Just me

I have been watching the episodes on the Food Network app of Chopped Junior and is it just me or does it seem that all the african american children always get voted off when the other kids seem to do much worse, like leaving off basket items or under cooking their food. I'm starting to doubt this show seriously.
  • Unbelievable decision

On season 1 episode 8 of chopped Jr it was clear that you chop this black girl for reasons other than her inability to cook what is going on with this show? If this this show is judge by those other than the panel you need to be honest with you irs and tell them that because your decisions are unbelievable and that girl should have never been chopped what is going on with the show
  • the show Chopped

I agree that the judges are showing signs of racism with the way they judge. If you like a black contestant dish better than someone of another race, its ok! But dont make them feel like their going to win by giving them high credits on their dishes that they make and then at the very end vote them off because they are not of a certain race, when you knew in your heart that their dish was a winner.
  • Winners

2.5
    I am so sick of there being a lack of minority winners. Please pick a variety of all colors and not just Caucasian, time after time I saw deserving BLACK OR HISPANIC WINNERS go by the way side. If this continues I won't watch the show any more. Merry Christmas!!!
  • Sex and chefs

Why do some contestants need to remind everyone 4 or 5 times that they are gay, and occasionally relate how their family members feel about it? I really don't care what they do with whom in any case, and I have yet to see a heterosexual proclaiming their preferences. It's very annoying.
  • Chopped Beer and Pizza episodes

Wtf was that?? How did that lady win when she forgot an ingredient?! She should never have made it passed the first round. For anyone who says that this show is racist against 'minorities' is nuts! There are 'minorities' in every episode and often they will win bc it seems like they are afraid of chopping them. Ridiculous. If you are good, you are good. It doesn't matter what race...

AND, the pizza did that guy get passed the first round when he made soup??! SOUP! He should have been chopped immediately! You tell me why he was let through. He didn't even make pizza the second round lol. He flattened deep dish pizza dough through a pasta machine and put stuff on top.

Plus, these judges are pretty terrible. What's with the lady from India who always wants more salt on the dishes??! Give me a break.
  • Fairness

2.5
    I think Chopped is one of the most racist shows I have seen. I was one of the biggest fans of the show and would argue with people in my home to be able to watch the show. However, after watching it continuously I am finding that minorities are very rarely selected for the Chopped Champion. I just watched an episode that absolutely blew my mind. A man made half of a banana as a banana split, and he was selected. His dessert was awful and it looked horrible and so did his other dishes however he was selected. One of the judges stated that the food was almost unbarely to eat because of the butter that he used to grill the banana however, he was chosen. How is that? After watching that episode I am now currently not a fan of Chopped anymore and will not watch it. I will also tell others how I feel about the show and try to persuade them to stop watching it as well.
  • Chopped Impossible Finale

4.5
    James was robbed on this is the only one who had no faults and was cut..... the first time I feel the judges were bought on this
  • Chopped Impossible

I absolutely LOVE Chopped. This Impossible challenge is about to make me call it quits! I get Irvine is supposed to be unbeatable, but he is such a JERK on these episodes!! I hope the final contestant wipes the floor with him!
  • GLUTEN FREEEEEEEEEEEE

You need to do a gluten free episode!!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband has celiac disease and loves your show but would never be able to be on it because he wouldn't be able to try any of the food he'd cook. Please please please please please please please do a gluten free show(s). It's becoming more popular now because of the dietary reasons and trend of eating healthy. Please please please please!
  • Choppism

This is one of the most "racism by omission" against African Americans show I've seen yet. The judges consistently allow blacks to compete and win until a black contestant gets to the final two, at this point an African American can clearly be winning on every category and its at this point that at least one judge, predominantly a white female trashes the black contestant. The rest is history, pure and blatant racism which is totally unacceptable and needs to be addressed. I believe in fairness not color. Clean it up now!
  • Just needs a little crunch.

Most frequently heard judges critiques: 1. Item needs more salt. 2. Dish needs just a little crunch. 3. The dessert is too sweet (isn't 'sweet' the main draw of a dessert?). 4. The dish needs acid. 5. The basket items weren't transformed (yet they shouldn't be transformed TOO much). 6. The shrimp wasn't cleaned properly. These overused responses are too predictable and boring. I really feel they need new blood as far as the core group of judges go, in order to keep it fresh.
  • A little salt goes a long way.

One of the most recurring comment on Chopped is that the food needs salt. Please, for the sake of people's health, stop! Many people these chefs are cooking for, and everyone in general, needs less salt in their food. You can always add salt at the table, without insulting the chef, if the dish needs the spice to meet your individual taste. I'd much rather taste the ingredients than salt. I don't want to taste the salt.

I love Chopped.
  • Chopped -SUPER bias!!!

I used to really enjoy watching chopped. I have watched almost all the episodes. After watching many episode, I began observing a pattern that was very alarming. I noticed while many African American chopped contestants were making it to the final round, the dessert round. They rarely and I mean RARELY ever claimed the illustrious title of Chopped Champ winning the covenant 10,000 prize money! Time after time they would get to that final round and never win. I personally believe they bring them to the end just for the ratings! Even the teen tournaments are the same!! What a pathetic, bias They won't be getting any added ratings from me. The prejudice and bias continue in the year of 2015. Some say African Americans have come so far but there are MANY who still want to desperately hold Us back!
  • ultimate chapions pros

2.5
    still do not understand how Ted Allen can come on the show and say you Have to use all ingredients but yet judges put people through that do not use all. Yes sometimes if a chef not know what to do with ingredient leave off and taste great is not a judge choice Program needs to be based on what is use all ingredients if you have two do not use all can judge from that or NETWORK NEEDS TO CHANGE WHAT TED SAYS IN BEGINNING OF SHOW TO MANY GO THROUGH NOT USING ALL INGREDIENTS. Rating is based on requirements you ask for

• I hate this show

Why is it that no matter how depressing or horrible their life story is, the coloured never win this show? Yet the whites could be competing for something such as a chance to open their restaurant and they make it to chopped superstars? This show is so extremely biased and overrated, it's absurd. Why does anyone even watch this show, retire it already Jesus Christ.
  • Judges

I use love this show but now I'm not to crazy about it even though the viewers don't taste the food so we go one what y'all say so that's how we judge but when it come down to it y'all say one thing and do another I don't know not liking this show y'all can take it off booooo to the judges new judges plz thks just being honest
  • Aussie baskets show

I think the judges need to go back To school as the voted off the older guy who over cooked the beef where the younger guy served raw beef and as far as safety, health issue the one who served raw beef should have gone home as raw beef can cause server health issues. If I served raw beef and health dept found out I be out of work while over cooked I may have to cook a new steak but it would not be a health issue I guess they love raw meat
  • Season 2 Episode 9

That chef was gross who tried to feed the judges his blood then double dipped in the last 2 challenges. Will never and would never want to eat at his restaurant. They should have chopped him the second round because they warned him the 1st round and he didn't care. His unsanitary ways and total disregard for the judges was unacceptable! He cooks this way all the time because he didn't even realize the last challenge he double dipped. His gross behavior should have gotten him eleminated immediately!!!!!! no matter how great the food tasted yall shouldn't have eaten any of his dishes yall should have chopped him in the first
  • Back Stories are making me crazy!!!!

We all have dead mothers, fathers, brothers and do we have to be reminded of them every time we watch chopped?? I cook for 150 senior citizens for a free lunch every Thursday and get a "chopped basket" from the local foodbank every week. I'm sorry you've lost a loved one, but we all have. I want to know how you decided how to use the unrelated ingredients to make an edible meal. I don't tell you about my murdered brother or abusive father or sweet grandmother that taught me how to make gravy, so why do I need to know ALL of that about you and your family. WE ALL HAVE A STORY! Get it back to a cooking show instead of a sob show or I'm done. I'm hearing the same thing from many people that try to help me with my challenge each week, so it might be something to consider. It's a great show if you go back to the original purpose - cooking.
  • from s20 episode 11

5.5
    I thought it was very rude the way the judge talked about how she butchered the fish. Give me a break. They can be major snobs sometimes.
  • tonight chooped judge

The judge was totally out of line jumping all over the girl for they way she handled the fish. I will never watch again as l9ng as he is on the panel.
  • chopped Review

I love to watch chopped at times I tear up like the NYC Firefighter that lost his wife I watch the reruns doesn't matter I absolutely love the show.
  • judges

5.5
    Judges are very condescending towards everyone. They are judging according to their own personal tastes in many cases, and very rude, not necessary. Why are they even there.
  • So what happened to the judges comments!!

Why are they messing with a great format!! We really miss hearing the judges deliberations!!
  • all star bad behavior!!

On all star show for charity, my husband and I were disappointed in Chef Penny's behavior towards the other contestants, at that level there was certainly no need to gloat, and that it was shown on the show all disappointing. Normally we love the whole show and have watched almost every show.
  • "An Egg Up"

I'm probably never watching this show again. It was easy to determine from the comments of the judges who should be cut in the first two rounds. In the finale the basically said this George guy did not perform at 100 percent but it was good . The other guy, Jeremy was tasteless. Someone needs to review the final comments and see how Jeremy won. I don't know any of the contestants, but if you see this episode you would think that the Green Police stepped in and forced the judges to pick a healthy chef. This show sucked... If Guy Fieri had been on this show as a contestant he would have lost for not being healthy enough with Mitch too Mitch flavor. I believe the only way this show can ever be fair is for a blind fast test and a number rating before the judges can critique the dish. If I tell the judges I'm going to use the prize money to put my blind daughter in a special school to win. Other is only one way my opinion can count, and that'that's to never watch again.