Chopped

Tuesday 10:00 PM on Food Network Premiered Jan 13, 2009 In Season

AngieJane

Chopped Fan Reviews (171)

• Judges are so prissy

Aaron Sanchez goes on to a contestant about all of the flaws with her dish and then goes on to say there isn't enough on the plate to judge on. Clearly there was enough for him to make so many critical remarks. Prissy little girl, that Aaron.
  • The judges

5.5
    The judges need to cut the crap on the salt I feel like sending them a box of salt just to shut them up. So what if they use wrong bread, forget an ingredient if it take good without it what does it matter. The judges are so aggravating to seasoned or not seasoned enough give people a break.
  • Definitely need racially diverse judges

3.5
    Not being whiny. I have observed and commenting on what my eyes see and ears hear, Chopped needs to judge fairly and not be racist.
  • 2nd place again!!!

For the second week in a row,a black child has come in second place! I'ma keep it short n sweet, this shit blows! How can someone in the entree round makes 1 taco and that's considered an entree,she should have lost by that aspect alone! I've seen it done when all the are white! I really like this show,cause I like that these kids are really great chefs! I wish they would have had something like this when I was growing up. Clearly this show is racist!Tease them with second place and know one will notice! I'm really pissed,cause this child was representing Philly! I'm done watching! Food network..

You need to do better by these kids!!

• chopped and all food network shows r racist

as much as white people like to believe this world is racist and I hoped that the cooking competitions would not be, the only thing left on TV I was hoping I could watch, wrong. I see time after time blacks lose especially if they speak of being entrepreneurs or helping their families with the winnings. and I'm not whinning! and I will stop watching. I have seen a black woman get chopped for under cooked red meat, then when there wasn't a black person but a white person against a Latino person the white girl had under cooked fish and she won over the Latin guy. yes every episode has been racist unless the others were so blatantly bad then a black wins. they never have 4 blacks because that will mean a black will win. hummm. but they have 4 italians , 4 whites, 4 Latinos, NEVER 4 africans. . it's to be expected. it's white dominance due to the truth being that afrikans are the original people and huemans and had everything stolen but I will not go any further. I'm sure the white people will never understand.
  • Blacks = 2nd place

Watched the show today and man I can't explain how black girl and black adult did not win. It's hard to understand. There needs to be a more strategic way to judge because it's starting to feel like race is an issue
  • Let an african american win, let latinos participate!

Me and my husband are mexican, my husband pointed out that there's no latinos competing, maybe we dont teach our kids how to cook anymore the way our grandmas did in the past... But then I noticed that EVERY single time there's a white and black in the final round, white always wins, why? Why chopped, why?
  • More diversity is needed.

I love this show soo much and only watch the food channel for it.... but I NEVER SEE an african american contestant win.. all the way down to the chopped jr. Shows. Either we need new judges or, maybe all the contestants should be black that way they will be forced to let one win.

I am in no way racist or anything,but after watching for an extended amount of time you start to notice.
  • Hard to watch as a Black person...

I try to watch Chopped more often than I should. The judges are so obviously against the Black chefs. No, I am not one of those people who cry racism every time a White person wins over a Black person. But I do cry racism when the judges praise Black chefs but they cut them on the exact same dish they praised them on for some innocuous reason: "you had a bent mint leaf; your cheese was delicious, but it wasn't goat cheese; you pronounced agave incorrectly; one of my chicken gizzards didn't have enough pepper on it; I only had 7 croutons, everybody knows a good salad has 8" I just can't understand how these judges consistently evaluate Blacks on a different and almost impossible scale to win. I believe they look at bad dishes by White chefs as a fluke, and they look at successful dishes by Black chefs as a fluke as well. Therefore, the White chef always gets the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to continue on the path to $10,000 and the Black chef goes home.
  • Feeling really insulted

Ok now you wonder why black actors feel some type of way this is a kids show and I see racisim all the way thru. Me and my 3 yr granddaughter has watched every episode and she asked the question nana do any black kids win and I said no so she is very discouraged. Sit the damn show down
  • Chopped

2.5
    Fire Alex
  • one sided show

People can clearly see how the judges show favoritism with the white contestants. I like to watch the show because I like to see the people cook. But I'm really annoyed at how the whites seem to win no matter how unprofessional, messy, tasteless or undercooked/overcooked their dish is. Judges, if you're going to be racist on broad TV, at least have some couth at doing so. Replace these judges, they have no right to be associated with this show!!!!
  • I don't trust the judges ...

I can see how they judge the minorities harsher and the whites clearly get passes on their dishes on the judging ... Rigged ...
  • Annoyed

I think the judges need to keep their mouths shut while the chefs cook, cause how do they expect them to concentrate on their dish. I guess they dont worry about bringing someones self esteem down. Some of their comments are really rude. I do not care for Alex, Marc, the bald guy or the other foreign judge!!!
  • Really

Chopped is a racist show!!!!

I will not continue to watch, and will diligently spread the word!!
  • your judge are racist

every chief that I seen on the show always get chopped but when a white person leave one thing out in a plate you keep that person go to the last round.. unbelievable.. I will never watch this show again.
  • African American and Bi-Racial discrimination

I also agree that African Americans are critiqued very hard on this show and all of the Food Network Channels. I have seen episodes where other minorities miss ingredients and miss use ingredients and still move on to the next round. I feel that African Americans and Bi-racial contestants are given no leniency , I am also sure that there are more Cooks and chefs of African American minority wither Bi-Racial or not that are skilled chefs that deserve to be on the show. Besides it being complex enough to become a Black person or a person mixed thereof it is exceptionally hard for the women that falls into theses categories as well. I feel that this is a misrepresentation of cooking and a downfall upon today's reflected society. In addition Indian judges no matter the complexion are not African American Judges since I understand that color is so important to culture here. If you want culture and freedom and fairness it truly has to be embraced and not half done. Make it fair, showcase, and let win and not overly critique and drain the ones who are African American or Mixed with it. Such a disappointment. It makes the network look like a bunch of racist pricks.
  • unfair representation

I am an african american and i am sick and tired of seeing blacks being underrepresented on this network. We are not cast in a very good light. Not many black hosts and when we are a contestant on shows, more times than not, the blacks never win. this is some straight up bull***. Its just the white mans attempt to keep us down and make us look ignorant and unaware. All of the competitive shows are biased including chopped. I hate the network!!!!!!!
  • Sad Stories

I love your show but I have to tell you, I find it's quite a turn off listening to the sad stories of most of your contestants. You've got to be kidding me if anyone likes those stories. The sadder the story the more I want them to be copped and the mother thing .... forget about it.

Other then that I like the show ....... captlen

• unfair

My heart just melt that the first boy who really knew how to cook got chopped and then the latino boy cooked better and the white won??? Im trying to believe this is crap
  • Don't try out if you Are African American! (Unless you are going on the show to get noticed elsewhere! )

It's really clear that after reading All the reviews it is safe to say that the judges appear to be a bit bias. I thought it was the only one that thought African American people always get chopped. I feel that they are bought on the show and made a complete mockery of because the judges have no intention of letting them win even if their dish is the best. .as many episodes I've watched i only saw 1 black male win.
  • why are you so Racism

I watch your show all the time but one thing need to understand why man always win's in this show? I watch a lot of them and thought that the woman should win. I wish to understand why the woman does not win in this show. I see white man win and some black not win, I don't care for racist at all. I watch the food network all the time and to me some of the people that win should not of won at all. I've seen so many African Americans get chopped and they were great through out the entire show. I'm so made right now. I hope that show goes off. Bunch of ass holes. I have watch on Thursdays Bobby and there is no way in hell you could win every time no way. those show are fault and something needs to be done. we love guy so far he has woman wining on his show and
  • Racism--unfair--really?

Are you REALLY watching the show? Or are you just looking for ways to incorporate racism here as well as in every other venue known to man? Incredible. I want my raw meat cooked and I don't want hair in my food--guess that makes me a racist too. Come to my kitchen and watch me cook and I'm sure you'll find something I'm doing that's racist with that too. I'm sure I mow my lawn in a racist manner also. Not fair? Oh poor people, fair only counts in baseball. Feeling sorry for someone does not a good chef make. Chopped judges are great--and FAIR. Yes I said it! They're true professionals--just take the time to look at their considerable and impressive credentials. Alex G. is a super individual who is passionate about her field and is looking to help these chefs get to where they want to be (and I say the same of Jeffrey, Scott, Aaron and everyone else up there), but guess what--they chefs can't get to where they "think" they want to go if they don't know what they're doing wrong. And if they can't take the heat--well, you know, I won't say it. Anybody who takes offense (that's the correct spelling people) at the critiques should not be putting themselves in that position. Why do adults get so worked up when they're told they are anything less than perfect?!? Where did this entitlement come from? What is the entitlement with race? Why even bring that into it? Why do you go looking for something that isn't there? How is the victim mentality working for you? Do you still cry when you're told not to color outside the lines? True adults realize that a good mentor is how you grow and constructive criticism is vital for success. Race has NOTHING to do with it. Grow up people. This is an overall fun show, well put together, and the judges are extremely fair. Most of the contestants seem to be very serious in their endeavors and MOST of them graciously accept the feedback. Now, you whiners--go pacify yourselves with a balloon and grow up someday.
  • Racist as hell

So I just finished watching the episode about the Bacon Boys & I am livid! The black guy performed well throughout the entire 3 courses and they found every excuse to give it to the white guy! This is bullshit and I will never watch again!!!! Cancel this show!!!!
  • Racist!!

They always keep one black person until the final round and then find a dumb excuse to eliminate them.
  • Racist show

I'm so sick of the show and will never watch again. I've seen so many African Americans get chopped and they were great through out the entire show. I'm so made right now. I hope that show goes off. Bunch of ass holes.
  • Is it Just me

I have been watching the episodes on the Food Network app of Chopped Junior and is it just me or does it seem that all the african american children always get voted off when the other kids seem to do much worse, like leaving off basket items or under cooking their food. I'm starting to doubt this show seriously.
  • Unbelievable decision

On season 1 episode 8 of chopped Jr it was clear that you chop this black girl for reasons other than her inability to cook what is going on with this show? If this this show is judge by those other than the panel you need to be honest with you irs and tell them that because your decisions are unbelievable and that girl should have never been chopped what is going on with the show
  • the show Chopped

I agree that the judges are showing signs of racism with the way they judge. If you like a black contestant dish better than someone of another race, its ok! But dont make them feel like their going to win by giving them high credits on their dishes that they make and then at the very end vote them off because they are not of a certain race, when you knew in your heart that their dish was a winner.
  • Winners

2.5
    I am so sick of there being a lack of minority winners. Please pick a variety of all colors and not just Caucasian, time after time I saw deserving BLACK OR HISPANIC WINNERS go by the way side. If this continues I won't watch the show any more. Merry Christmas!!!