Chopped

Tuesday 10:00 PM on Food Network Premiered Jan 13, 2009 In Season

AngieJane

Chopped Fan Reviews (232)

5.6
  • UMMM HECK YES!

I just recently started watching because my boyfriend that happens to be white got me hooked on this network. So nothing is racist about me. Yet I CLEARLY see nothing but racism in this show every single time I watch it with blacks in it. They need better judges unless the food network is just racist overall. I don't understand how this is continuously allowed ??? For those thinking the original poster is a cry baby NO you are!
  • Not pleased with chopped junior

I have watched this from episode 1 to the last episode for chopped junior. Not one time have I seen a black kid win neither a minority. This is disappointing and very upsetting. I will no longer be watching this show. I've seen them make it to the last round and get excellent reviews, yet they end up chopped.
  • I agree show is clearly racist!

Sadly, this used to be one of my favorite shows until I noticed a race unfriendly theme. For someone that has watched the majority of seasons it always happens the same way. A minority is clearly winning the whole competition and then gets cut in the last round for ridiculous reason. Like the episode I just watched on teen chopped (September 4, 2018 at 4:30 pm est/standard time). The Latin male teen was clearly doing the best cooking the whole competition according to the judges and then they cut him over sauce and salt. When the other Caucasian child that was the worst of all had thick skin left on his fish on top of mediocre flavors until the desert round which he won. This has happened more times than I can count. So I am now boycotting this racist show. Our power is in what we support. I won't support undercover racism.
  • Chopped supper racist

Chopped is extremely racist!!! I really don't care for another episode of it. A black person, NBA player, was chopped simply coz there wasn't salt in his meal. I mean salt!!!
  • Chopped is so wrong

I have watched Chopped for years and I feel like a lot of chefs have been cheated. Why at the end of the dessert round you are talking about what this chef did in the appetizer or entree round. You eliminated the weakest chef from the first two rounds. If this is the dessert round I should be judged only on dessert not from what he or she did his the first two rounds. They really need to change this, who cares about what they did in the first two rounds. They made it to the final round so judge them on that only. I just watched an episode where this chef just destroyed this other chef in the dessert round and he lost because he forgot to take a shell off a fava bean, are you kidding me this show is so rigged
  • I agree show is racist

I don't care if 2% of the people that have won are black. The other 98% of the time the black people never win. I've watch this show like crazy while I'm resting from surgery and they always have the hardest criticism of the black people and complain when the food is cooked well done which is how it should be cooked make me quote the bible. I'm going to stop watching because I think it's a shame that they are racist and especially Scott Conant and Marc Murphy. It's clear the way they look at black people and the things they say. Oh an BTW I'm white.

• This show is clearly racist!

4.5
    I've been watching this show for years! I love it, but over time it wasn't hard to notice, that very rarely a black person wins. BUT even still I watch it! That is until the show I'm currently watching now, where there was a black guy who put potatoes in the blender and one of the judges told him that you know you aren't supposed to put potaotes in the blender, "and if you didn't know, what is that, that BIGGIE said? If you don't know, now you know!" Would he would've said this to him had he not been black?! No absolutely not.
  • The new chopped

Love seeing Martha Stewart on chopped. I think you'll made a good choice with her. I hope she replaced Amanda and her chocolate fetishist.
  • I DIDN'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT BUT..... RACISM EXISTS ON CHOPPED!

I've watched the show for years. Over time I've had my moments of questionable racist moments. I didn't want to believe it because I love the idea of the show. I also am one that doesn't leave negative reviews unless I feel strongly about a matter. However I can no longer ignore the fact that I DO believe this show is racist! Especially Scott Connant and Manheen Chauhan (Manheen, really.... you??? of all people). I've watched my last episode and I'm done. Ted Allen this show has a good concept but there should be no room for the racism that I'm sure you know exists on your show. Rise above it, Ted!
  • CHOPPED IS RACIST

I have come to the conclusion that this show is SUPER RACIST will not be watch ANYMORE!
  • Goodbye Chopped

I've enjoyed your show but I will not be watching her majesty, Martha Stewart, as a judge. Up until now the judges have seemed sincerely fair to contestants. I see it turning into an "all about me "Martha" show and no longer about the chefs true abilities. No thank you to the drama queen. I still remember your past mistakes and don't think all is forgiven. You can't fool everyone.
  • Chopped is not racist

For all the people saying chopped is racist, it's not. If they were racist, why would they let people of different skin color go on the show at all? And a lot of you are mainly talking about blacks. Lots of black people have won on this show. Actually, I'm pretty sure on the very first episode of Chopped a black lady won. So what if more people that aren't black win? I seriously doubt they're doing that on purpose. I have to admit, it has crossed my mind before, but I swiped it out of my mind after thinking it was ridiculous and no one else thinks that. Guess I was wrong.
  • No Stewert

love this show but im wont be watching anymore maybe just the old reruns with out that pompas witch
  • How About a Challenge to Judges & Contestants

In the mystery basic, I have never seen all plant-based foods.

Given that Food Network and especially the "Chopped" icounts upon meat, how about doing some vegan challenges?

This would challenge both the contestants and the judges.
  • Love Chopped Stewart will end this show for me

I've watched every episode of Chopped since the start numerous times as a matter of fact, but if Martha Stewart is going to be a judge that'll be the last for me sorry to hear you couldn't find a better person for the job
  • Haven't missed an episode

I guess all good things come to an end. I have never missed an episode but now we have to watch some manly voiced untrustworthy convicted felon be a judge. If she will be a regular I won't watch the show until she either leaves or gets kicked off or if we are lucky, her judgment day comes.
  • Nasty feedback

Watching reruns (what else???) Have noticed that the judges can provide really nasty feedback. If something isn't right, you can give constructive feedback- most of the judges have also competed, so they know the stress & pressure, but their fellow chefs treat them with kid gloves. When contestants are arrogant, they need some tough, direct feedback. When it's folks trying to do the best they can, lighten up!
  • A Gut Reaction

had a chance to watch old show season 12 episode 3 A Gut Reaction. i couldn't believe the final outcome. a chef handed in two undercooked plates. one was raw duck the other was under cooked bread pudding where the middle of the pudding was raw and they won out over a chef who handed in fully cooked plates but was penalized for not using enough imagination. how ridiculous can it get. a competent chef loses out too a chef who can't fully cook their food because a lack of imagination. shame , shame the bias showed all the way back then. watch the show and you decide.
  • Food Contamination

I really enjoy watching Chopped,.. is basic food safety not a concern? It's a great show that teaches a lot of viewers new recipes and new techniques, however, I think that teaching viewers how to cook food safely would be a great benefit for the show and their viewers. I am watching the show now, and basic hygiene does not seem to matter. The contestant "Zack", has a "scrubby" beard all over his face and neck. Contestants should be required to shave and wear hair nets. And using your bare hands to mix a salad is absolutely gross, especially when I've never, ever seen a contestant wash their hands to avoid cross-contamination.
  • Is Chopped Judges Prejudice or Not????

I wondered these every since I've been watching it all the way to the Goldd Medal games for the grand finale.

Reason I am having this question in my mind is because everytime a Black chief enter and the make a simple mistake like not enough season vs a white chief leaving one of the basket ingredients out of the appetizers, the main meal, or dessert round. I feel like leaving out an ingredient is ruled as an automatic disqualification due to they didn't preform there ultimate best as a chief if they didn't incorporate the entire basket in their dish especially for a chance of $50,000.00.

At first I thought I was wrong but every episode I've seen with a black chief in the competition get cut out of every one I've seen in the new episode..

Just asking. 01/30/2017 I just watched the Gold Medial games episode for the $50,000 and not one BLACK PERSON on there to have a chance to win and to see thia was the concern in 2016 and no one changed it is awful why so u Judges dislike BLACKS if u was somewhere and saw a soul food place u would go and eat there bur u don't like BLACKS REALLY ... Its like that on the kids show as well OMG at least The grocery show with GUY on it isn't just last night a little BLACK girl won $20,000.

ARE YOU ALL JUDGES PRJUDICE CAUAE IT SEEMS LIKE JUST ASKING?????

ANSWER: YES U R
  • Love the for....................

I think the show is great, especially the chopped juniors. My biggest complaint is: contestants touches their hair while cooking. In all the kitchens I've worked in, we always either wore nets or had our hair pulled away from our face. It is gross to watch a cook push their hair away with their hands while preparing ingredients, YUK! I just watched the blue haired junior win chopped and she several times had her hands on her would have instantly chopped her just for that. Why aren't they told before they even enter the kitchen to do something with their hair. I've seen the adults do it too, along with sweating over the
  • Go Home!

Alton Brown, the science guy: go home, this is a food show, enough of your posturing, blah, blah, blah.
  • season33 ep6

A black male was on the show and the judges where reviewing his dish and the were correcting it and they judges said what he had to correct and said If you don't know now you know. I thought there was no reason to say that just because he was black.
  • Racist?

I am surprised at these reviews saying the show is racist. I just finished watching the latest episode, and a black chef, from Haiti, won, and deservedly. I also remember a few seasons ago, a black chef won the tournament of champions. So, I am not sure how these opinions fit. i don't always agree with the judges, but that is the suspense of the show.
  • This show is racist and I'm done watching it

I thought it was just me but after watching my LAST episode of chopped, the Father's Day special with dad's and their daughter or son. The team from NJ didn't transform an ingredient and they still won? But this was not my first time noticing this. I NEVER see black people win. This includes chopped jr too! I'm done watching it's clearly a racist show.
  • they choose who they want!

now I have watched plenty of chopped episodes. Even though I have watch a fair share of them, i guess I never payed very close attention it. i just got done watching season 34 episode .Newlywed game. And can't nobody tell me they didn't cheat them african American couple out of a win. I say that because the caucasian couple had a raw tortilla and raw dough in the third round. and they was still able to win? especially when they chopped the second couple for overcooked meat.
  • THIS SHOW IS SOME BULLSHIT!

Correct me if I'm wrong but, is it me or do everyone else notice the BLACK people always get chopped??, Stevie wonder can see the BS!, they make it seem like black people cant cook, or their standards aren't good enough, I'm not saying BLACK people are suppose to always win.. BUT almost never??? something ain't right ////Somebody need to contact the producers of the show, it makes no sense!! people need to start waking up and see this country for what it is...
  • African Americans always get chopped first

I thought I was the only one to notice that African American chefs are always/most of the times the first ones to get chopped. I can't say the same of other groups such as Latino or Italians for instance because I've seen them win. I'm not Af Am by the way
  • Chopped judges are just racist

People of color have pretty much no chance of winning. They come on the show and either get Chopped first or lose in the dessert round. It's happens so often that it's really obvious. On Chopped Junior, children of color ALWAYS lose to the "adorable little white It's just so annoying, and it makes the show unbearable to watch. Literally every single time so watch Chopped I make a bet with myself that the chef of color will be chopped first and 8/10, I'm right.
  • No chance!

I love Chopped it is one of my favorite shows. But I have a problem. If you are a black chef you do not stand a chance at winning the show. I've watched so many episodes when black chefs clearly cook better than any other chef. Make it to the desert round & then gets chopped. Like it's so many shows where they, no matter what always chop the black chef at the end. It hurts because it seems like they set the chef up for disappointment. I don't think this show is fair at all. Maybe all blacks should stop going on this show, because clearly if you're black you will not win!!