Chowder Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2010)

Chowder officially canceled

crashblast24

[1]Aug 18, 2009
    • level: 7

http://nerdarmada.blogspot.com/

"I didn't really think there'd be this many upsides to having a show officially cancelled by a network, but I'm feeling happier than I've been in a long time. Since we've only got post-production, my schedule finally eases up. I haven't had a break like this in a long, long time. Now I can relax and do all sorts of fun things like finish Final Fantasy XII since I need something to quell my occasional World of Warcraft tremors. (I've been off WoW since November, but occasionally go into a store and look at the Lich King expansion box lustfully.) I'm also taking a vacation to Japan, a dream of mine since I first saw Akira back in the late 80's.

The other upside is it's like being the hot girl who just got out a bad relationship; your phone starts ringing from everyone else who's been wanting to date you. It's nice to hear from other networks how much they enjoy the show, especially when you don't really hear it from your own. Chowder has opened up a lot of awesome possibilities for me, and creatively I'm feeling more inspired than ever. There are some new ideas I'm working on that will hopefully find a good home somewhere in the next year.

We're still finishing up lots of good episodes. I think you'll see that we hit a really good groove third season. My biggest worry before we were cancelled was what would happen to the crew, but luckily, a large chunk of them got hired over at Disney on a new project. It's funny how many old CN faces I see over there now.

I'll have to talk more about my Japan excitement soon."

*sniff* I guess all we can do now is enjoy season 3 as much as we can

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingBoo112

[2]Aug 19, 2009
    • level: 14
    Nooo! Don't cancel Chowder yet! that just became one of my favorite shows!!!!! Why Cartoon Network? Why do you and Nickelodeon have to cancel your shows that are good?!!!!! this cartoon and Rocko's Modern Life on Nick were too short!!! Thanks Cartoon Network, you've just betrayed me!

CF3689

[3]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 22
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! This can't be happening!

sciencegirl09

[5]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 15
    C.H. is only making things worse by giving the ups of ending an awesome program

Animayshin

[6]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 5
    But it is happening.

If I was C.H. I would demand that it lives until season 4 (Maybe he has, IDK)! Why was that show canceled in the first place? It has a lot of fans. Or are they too lazy to think of new ideas (It's MARZIPAN! How can you NOT think of new ideas?)

Well, this officially sucks. I hope Flapjack doesn't get the same treatment.

CF3689

[7]Aug 24, 2009

Animayshin wrote:
    I hope Flapjack doesn't get the same treatment.

I really hope not. I'll be furious if FJ got cancelled

sciencegirl09

[8]Aug 24, 2009
    Animayshin wrote:
    But it is happening. If I was C.H. I would demand that it lives until season 4 (Maybe he has, IDK)! Why was that show canceled in the first place? It has a lot of fans. Or are they too lazy to think of new ideas (It's MARZIPAN! How can you NOT think of new ideas?) Well, this officially sucks. I hope Flapjack doesn't get the same treatment.
    It's not his fault. CN studios is being an a** by deciding not to renew it

Animayshin

[9]Aug 24, 2009
    Well, it's their loss as well as ours. The # of CN viewers would probably decrease if they canceled chowder.

Well, I hope we can make a "save Chowder" petition to get them to change their mind. But IDK how it'll work, and the CN crew seems pretty adamant on their decision.

CF3689

[10]Aug 25, 2009

Animayshin wrote:
    Well, I hope we can make a "save Chowder" petition to get them to change their mind.

Petitions usually never work, unfortunately

The_Silverfoxx

[11]Aug 25, 2009
    • level: 10
    So sad

SilveRaptor

[12]Aug 25, 2009
    This is this the last straw Cartoon Network! They shouldn't even call it Cartoon Network anymore, it's only cartoons are Johnny Pest and Marvelously Horrible Adventures of Flapjack. I am definitely not tuning into CN as much as I do today. I hope you like having the money being slowly drained from your pockets CN but you deserve it because of the worst decisions a CARTOON channel could have made.

tvmasterdoodles

[14]Aug 25, 2009
    • level: 30
    whew! ehehhahahahaa! b oy that.. that was alot to get out of me there. heheheheh "sigh" but seriously CN ytou just ****ed up!

mitsukigirl13

[15]Aug 26, 2009
    • level: 18
    tvmasterdoodles wrote:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE LAST STRAW CN! YOU JUST F***ED UP BY CANELLING SUCH A SUPERB SHOW! NOW ALL YOU HAVE LEFT IS JOHNNY PEST AND FLAGPAP! WHAT WITH ALL THOSE SUCKY LIVE ACTION SHOWS YOU NOW HAVE YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN BE CALLED CARTOON NETORK ANYMORE! FIRST YOU CAN COW AND CHICKEN, THEN DEXTER, THEN JOHNNY BRAVO THEN EVERY OTHER GOOD SHOW YOU'VE EVER FRIGGIN' HAD BECAUSE YOOOOOOOOOOOOU THOGUTH 52 EPISODES RFOR MOST WAS ENOUGH! WELL I'LL TELL YOU SOMETHING! YOU HAVE KILLED ALOT OF PEOPLE'S CHILDHOODS IF YOUR GOING TO CANCEL A SHOW, CANCEL FLAPJACK! NO BODY LIKES THAT SHOW ANYWAYS! AND FOR GOD SAKE TAKE JOHNNY TEST OFF THE AIR, IT'S WHAT GOT KIDS WB TAKEN OVER BY THE DEVIL KNOWN AS 4KIDS! THE ONLY REASON I EVER WATCH YOUR NETWORK ANYMORE WAS FOR CHOWDER AND ADULT SWIM! I'M NOT GONNA CRY, BECAUSE I DON'T WANNA CRY FOR THE DEVIL'S PITY! CRAIG MCCRACKEN WAS RIGHT TO LEAVE YOU WHEN HE DID! HE SHOULD'VE LEFT YOU A LOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME AGO WHEN YOU DECIDED TO CANCEL SAMURAI JACK! AT LEAST I KNOW SOM EOF YOUR BEST SHOWS ARE NOW SAFE ON BOOMERANG!
    wow.

CF3689

[16]Aug 27, 2009

mitsukigirl13 wrote:
    tvmasterdoodles wrote:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE LAST STRAW CN! YOU JUST F***ED UP BY CANELLING SUCH A SUPERB SHOW! NOW ALL YOU HAVE LEFT IS JOHNNY PEST AND FLAGPAP! WHAT WITH ALL THOSE SUCKY LIVE ACTION SHOWS YOU NOW HAVE YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN BE CALLED CARTOON NETORK ANYMORE! FIRST YOU CAN COW AND CHICKEN, THEN DEXTER, THEN JOHNNY BRAVO THEN EVERY OTHER GOOD SHOW YOU'VE EVER FRIGGIN' HAD BECAUSE YOOOOOOOOOOOOU THOGUTH 52 EPISODES RFOR MOST WAS ENOUGH! WELL I'LL TELL YOU SOMETHING! YOU HAVE KILLED ALOT OF PEOPLE'S CHILDHOODS IF YOUR GOING TO CANCEL A SHOW, CANCEL FLAPJACK! NO BODY LIKES THAT SHOW ANYWAYS! AND FOR GOD SAKE TAKE JOHNNY TEST OFF THE AIR, IT'S WHAT GOT KIDS WB TAKEN OVER BY THE DEVIL KNOWN AS 4KIDS! THE ONLY REASON I EVER WATCH YOUR NETWORK ANYMORE WAS FOR CHOWDER AND ADULT SWIM! I'M NOT GONNA CRY, BECAUSE I DON'T WANNA CRY FOR THE DEVIL'S PITY! CRAIG MCCRACKEN WAS RIGHT TO LEAVE YOU WHEN HE DID! HE SHOULD'VE LEFT YOU A LOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME AGO WHEN YOU DECIDED TO CANCEL SAMURAI JACK! AT LEAST I KNOW SOM EOF YOUR BEST SHOWS ARE NOW SAFE ON BOOMERANG!
    wow.

Double wow.

HaydenAvery

[17]Aug 27, 2009
    • level: 21
    Triple WOW!

Kingskarl

[18]Aug 27, 2009
    • level: 6
    What!?

No! D:

Well it was great while it lasted
    Cartoon network is making a big mistake.
    I'm pretty damn sure there going to lose ALOT of viewers and money.

So Good job CN you've just gone into step 2 of channel suicide.
    You already started by bringing in CN real now canceling a great tv show that brings them viwers! They must be on drugs or something for not realizing what there doing to themselves.

Well you wont see me watchin CN much anymore...

KingBoo112

[19]Aug 27, 2009
    • level: 14
    Animayshin wrote:
    I hope Flapjack doesn't get the same treatment.
    Flapjack is from the creators of Chowder??????!!!!!!! Chowder's much better though.

sciencegirl09

[20]Aug 28, 2009
    Kingskarl wrote:
    What!? No! D: Well it was great while it lasted Cartoon network is making a big mistake. I'm pretty damn sure there going to lose ALOT of viewers and money. So Good job CN you've just gone into step 2 of channel suicide. You already started by bringing in CN real now canceling a great tv show that brings them viwers! They must be on drugs or something for not realizing what there doing to themselves. Well you wont see me watchin CN much anymore...
    Same here. One more strike and they're out of the ballpark