Christy Forums

CBS (ended 1995)

Did anyone else enjoy this show?

missingky

[1]Dec 30, 2005
    • level: 1
    I love this show! I hated to see it end especially the way it left us hanging. My favorite character was the Doctor and my least favorite character was the one played by Tyne Daly.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

starglimmer05

[2]Feb 6, 2006
    • level: 7
    I just recently started watching it, and its great!

Do you know of anyplace to get the episodes...online or on purchased on DVD? I'd like to see more!

Loswellias

[3]Apr 9, 2006
    • level: 12
    I really enjoyed watching this show. I don't know if, or where the episodes are available on DVD.
    It has been awhile back now, but I do remember that they use to sell the premiere episode on VHS (that was either 90 or 120 minutes long).

Peggy_Porcupine

[4]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 13
    Hi. I, too, enjoyed the series. I had enjoyed the book every time I read it. The "sequal' is good too (Julie by Catherine Marshall)

I just discovered that Christy will be released on DVD in March of 2007!!!!!!!

That is VERY good news.

And, I agree, I wish they could have ended it better.

Peggy from Porcupine
    aka
    Peggy Bendell

www.mannagold.com
    Edited on 06/20/2007 1:46pm

terrydelph

[5]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 24

I recall feeling sad, even outraged, when suddenly Christy was no longer on tv. I turned on the televison at the normal time, and here was this new show called "Touched By An Angel". But it is so exciting to know that on March 21st, the entire series will be released on DVD!!!

tarheelusa

[6]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 6
    I too really enjoyed this show when it was on and was really upset when they did not continue it. But glad that it is out on DVD today! Cannot wait to get the first 2 disks today from Netflix.

ellie248

[7]Mar 21, 2007

Yeah! I don't believe it. I just re-watched Christy last night (it's been a few years) and I said to my mom, "I wish they had this in Season sets and also the first one on DVD." And boom! Today I get on the I-net and see my wish has come true. Too weird. I also wanted to see the other Christy TV movies and now I see that they are available too.

tarheelusa

[8]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 6
    I wish there had been more than 1 season. Why this show was cancelled after 1 season is just beyond me. This show had such great characters and always a good message, something that is lacking in so many of the shows today.

I have enjoyed watching the shows I have seen so far and realize how much I did enjoy this show.

According to Netflix, the 3 movies do not have a release date yet. I hate all of the original actors were not in the movies, but... at least we got an end to the story.

mammalazz

[9]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 12
    i also agree I love this show and it is so great to have this show on dvd

dlambert2004

[10]Apr 13, 2007
    • level: 3
    Hi. I was an actor on Christy--Orter Ball O'Teale. I am credited on only 3 of the episodes, because I was simply a non-speaking regular on the rest, basically a background character, but with a name and identity.

Anyway...the show actually ran for 2 seasons, not one. The first season was the 2-hour pilot and 6 episodes. The second season consisted of the 2-hour Thanksgiving movie, The Sweetest Gift, and another 11 episodes.

I'm so glad so many people enjoy the show! And I too was thrilled to see it released on DVD. Bought my copy tonight at Borders! It was a great show and I'm so thankful I had the experience of being a part of it.

dancerchika

[11]Apr 27, 2007

I LOVE this show.  My sister and I got it on DVD and watched the entire thing within a week. 

I really want to watch the continuing movies.  Does anyone know if they are out on DVD yet?

JoolsMB

[12]May 6, 2007
    • level: 10
    I loved this series, and as a teacher I love being able to share it with my students. ( Those little girls who I have also introduced, Little House on the Prairie, and Anne of Green Gables to) ... Priceless.

Sugar2U

[13]May 19, 2007
    • level: 9

I cried when this show ended... I was dealing with a really bad illness and watching this show helped me alot... Of course when it ended I did not have the internet to express my displeasure so now I get to!!!!

I watched the TV movies without Kelly Martin and it was not the same.. IT was ok but the chemestry between Kelly's Christy and Doc Mcneal was there from the first show but not so much with the new Chrisy.. HOWEVER I was glad to get an ending..

IM in Canada and I just started rerenting them threw Zip.ca and I love it all over again!!

Sugar2U

[14]May 19, 2007
    • level: 9
    YEAH I own the ones that came out later without Kelly Martin. I bought them and then I found out I could rent them later O WELL...Not as good as the ones with Kelly Martin ... but U get the end of the story....

Peggy_Porcupine

[15]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 13

Anyone know why Kelly Martin did not do the movies? Was she too busy with ER at that time? (I enjoyed her fiesty character on ER by the way!

Peggy from Porcupine
    aka
    Peggy Bendell
    www.mannagold.com

marklowry_fan

[16]Nov 25, 2007
    I like Kellie Martin too and was disappointed to see that she had been replaced in the last two movies. I'm glad they kept the same doctor, though! My sister just bought the boxed set dvds and also the last three movies. I don't want to have to give them back to her!!

FourOfFive

[17]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 5

I realy like this show. I used to watch it with my family. But I don't remember who Christy ends up with. Is it David or Dr. McNeil?

mickeyDs4

[18]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 10
    Between this and Dr. Quinn, it was my favorite show growing up. I found it on DVD last year at WalMart and bought it for myself as an Easter gift. I actually liked how they eded it. Gave you the chance to decide for yourself who Christy shoudl be with. I was always rooting for David. Minority I know, but I loved him.