Chuck

Chuck Versus Agent X

Aired Friday 8:00 PM May 02, 2011 on NBC

• An o.k. episode ...

I'm prepared to get my head ripped off, but I haven't been too happy with Chuck for quite some time now and this episode hasn't changed that really. There were almost no emotions (except for some nice Chuck/Ellie moments which I miss dearly) and my favourite seasons 1 and 2 pulled a lot of strength from the wonderful interactions between its characters. Instead the death toll has been rising once more (and Devon was made a laughing stock when he insisted that his duty is to save lives and not to take them) and the aggressive product placement is really starting to get on my nerves (I don't know if I'm ever going to eat a Subway sandwich or purchase a Toyota. I understand, that these are companies sponsoring the show, but too much is too much and the whole thing is most definitely lacking subtlety). Well, the only interesting thing was to find out about who Agent X is and it is nice that Ellie finally knows about Chuck's abilities (which for once -- and that was nice too -- weren't only just some fighting moves but some knowledge of a foreign language as well), but apart from that, I'm still waiting to get some of the warm feelings back I had in wonderful seasons 1 and 2 when relationships were way more important than Chuck being all superhero all of a sudden.