Chuck

Chuck Versus Phase Three

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Nov 22, 2010 on NBC

• ONE OF MY FAVOURITE EPS

This is easily one of my favourite episodes. While Chuck is missing and in peril, Casey, Sarah and Morgan all pull together to rescue him from the hands of nefarious scientists deep in the jungles of Thailand who want to lobotomise him in order to steal the intersect. The best episodes of 'Chuck' are like mini action/adventure movies, and this is one of them. The stakes are real and the emotion is palpable. The scene at the end where Sarah tells Chuck how much she loves him and pleads with him to wake up is really moving and the nightmare sequences are compelling, but I have to confess I love the concept of Sarah fighting her way through the jungles earning a reputation as a 'giant blond she-male. The scenes when she bursts into a bar and beats up half a dozen mercenaries in search of Chuck, then defeats a South-East Asian prize fighter in a Kill Bill inspired showdown is pretty awesome, and I don't usually go in for that kind of thing. I guess the producers just decided to go all out and remind is that though she has unpacked her suitcase and is finally ready put down roots, she's never likely to actually "settle down" in the traditional sense.