Chuck

Chuck Versus Santa Claus

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Dec 15, 2008 on NBC

• This episode isn't all sad and somber. In fact, the stuff with Awesome and the Buy More crew (in elf uniforms!) staging a coup that instantly fails until Morgan pops up with a fake snowblower is pretty hysterical.

The episode was very well paced and had a lot of twists considering the fact that the episode was largely self-contained to the Buy More and the store's immediate surroundings. By filling up the store with everyone before the car came crashing in, however, it managed to put enough distance between the characters so that we were able to zoom in on single people or small groups to see how they were personally handling the crisis. There were some moments that played out like one would figure (like Sarah and Casey being the two hostages freed), but they still managed to make me laugh, thanks mostly to the writing and the acting.As for the ending…I'm slightly disappointed. On one hand it had some excellent drama, considering the fact that what Sarah did she did it ultimately – above all else – because she honestly loves and cares for Chuck. Chuck is potentially changed forever, however, as he watches Sarah shoot a man pointblank range to keep him quiet. It's hard to believe or even understand Chuck's emotions at seeing Sarah's actions, as it's not like she's never killed anyone or shot people over and over throughout the show's run. Why is this death any different? I don't understand it and the show will have to explain it better when the show returns.