Chuck

Chuck Versus the Anniversary

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 20, 2010 on NBC

• Chuck is back with a head still full of the Intersect 2.0. He's unemployed, living with a knock out girl friend who's a spy. He's also on a mission to find his Mother, Sarah Connors.

I'm thinking people have been far too genourous with this show. It's trying too hard to find a way to keep our interest. Viewers have become very TV savvy when it comes to being "played" or catching show writers trying to formulate the right plot. We know the recipie: Throw in a maze, find his mysterious Mother. Throw in some relationship issues with a girlfriend or his sister or his best friend. Throw in a double life and identity crisis - Is he Bartowski playing Carmichael or the other way around. Add some high tech gadgets. A pinch of 'secret organisations'. A bit of humour...and viola!

Is it me or has Chuck aged 10 years since last season? His hair has gone from geeky drop out in season 1 to mid 30 something. This makes him and Morgan seem immature and inept than lively and carefee. Turning the BuyMart into a CIA hub seems like a stupid idea. Really? In the middle of Burbank? Ellie pregnant seemed predictable. Throwing in the iconic name dropping was OK here and there - but now it's become as subtle as slapstick 'pie in the face'. When I see the 'Repo Man' or 'Rocky' "in-jokes" they seem forced and not so clever. Because I know that his Mother (Linda Hamilton) is bound to make some Terminator reference "Come with me if you want to live..." "I'll be back..." - word to the wise 'please don't'. I'm still hanging in there. This could be the 'jump the shark' season - well Superman Shaw came close.