Chuck

Chuck Versus the Balcony

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jan 17, 2011 on NBC

• Will you....ever finish that sentence? The hardest four words to say in a row bring back Chuck in good form and set up where some or maybe all of the season is headed.

SPOLIER ALERT

I figured this episode couldn't possibly contain the proposal of Sarah and Chuck because it hadn't been promo-ed as such. And just didn't feel epic enough for it. But I had been jonesing for fix of Chuck for awhile now and was pleasantly surprised and almost swept off my feet by this episode.

The stuff with Lester and his arranged marriage are overshadowed quite a bit by the main storyline of this episode, but nonetheless, we get some JEFFSTER! and hopefully that isn't the last we see of Jeffster (in fact, I can safely say it wont). All in all it was funny subplot.

Beckman's interactions with Sarah were fishy to say the most, but I never thought anything would come from it, let alone the reveal that they were setting her up for a undercover mission. Every time Chuck tried popping the question, there were funny interruptions, but nothing as jarring as that final try, because for a second there I believed it was actually going to happen.

The mission was a little cheesy, but still fun, especially Joanthan the man servant and the stubborn frenchman stereotype (I had a professor kinda like him last semester). Morgan and Chuck and Sarah's plans for making the proposal were funny and once again Casey stole the show. His cigar speech really set up the final disappointment of the episode and next time, I know we won't get the rug pulled out from under us.