Chuck

Chuck Versus the Balcony

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jan 17, 2011 on NBC

• Put up to Chuck's standards, disappointing.

After little under 2 months without Chuck, I safely say I feel like I've grown out of it. There's no denying, even to loyal Chuck fans, that this show is not what it once was. I mean Chuck was the only show I'd ever put so much into, and for the past three seasons, I've never missed an episode. Now I just PVR it, and watch whenever I feel like. I don't think the quality has dropped as much as other shows four years in, but the direction they're going in isn't why I started watching. I get that shows have to grow, but I just can't get into this whole new, "lovey-dovey," Chuck. So what's this show done wrong to deserve such an opinion? Well to me, the missions are all, "been there, done that," I can't STAND the Buy More, Jeff, or Lester, and I've had ENOUGH of Chuck and Sarah as a couple. We get it. Chuck's happy, but somewhere along the way, between EVERYBODY finding out Chuck's secret, to Chuck gaining kung-fu powers, this show lost it's magic, and no matter how much I want it to be there, it's not the same Chuck. The show ended to me mid-season 3, and unless they pull something FANTASTIC off, it's gonna stay that way.

So I'm gonna keep watching each week, but I'd appreciate some better storytelling, or a different direction.