Chuck

Chuck Versus the Beefcake

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 02, 2009 on NBC

• Second week in a row.

Okay this is the second week in a row I have had an issue with the scripts. They've just been very hard time with the epsiodes plots as well as the writing. The Buy More boys having their own casting couch was just pathetic. The "assignment" involving MI-6 was a good start but just grew boring with Chuck's jealousy and Sarah's indifference to Chuck's obvious feelings for her. I think the are they / aren't they a couple dance of Chuck and Sarah is burning itself out. The point of the epsiode was that Fulcrom was still after Chuck, but we already knew that.
  • Felt all too familiar here, but a twist at the end is promising.

Chuck jealous over Sarah going "undercover" with another guy? Check. Morgan chilling at Chuck's place at the dismay of his sister and Awesome? Check. Jeff and Lester with another lame-brained scheme? Check. I just felt like nothing original happened in this one. We've seen it all before.

The "Beefcake" for this episode didn't really seem like one. He's kinda old and dirty and gross, with horrible pick-up lines and every cliched spy characteristic in the book. Bryce Larkin he is not. I just don't buy that Sarah would be into him. Still the pivotal bit of business here is that Chuck and Sarah's cover as a couple is history. Or was supposed to be until now they have to live together! That surprise ending has me excited to see what happens next!
  • good episode

Chuck gets jealous when Sarah has to seduce FULCRUM agent Cole Barker, codename "Beefcake".

In the meantime, while Big Mike continues dating Morgan's mother and Morgan takes refuge at Chuck's place, Jeff and Lester start looking for the "Buy More Babe" as a way of finding a new employee. Being a big fan of Jeff and Lester I am always happy to see them get a lot of screen time and this was what happened in this episode very funny those two characters always make me laugh. this was a good episode nothing speacil but still good. 9 out of 10
  • Chuck has a love Rival.

Chuck is having second thoughts about him and Sarah, so after confronting her Sarah agrees they should not mix business with pleasure and get emotionally involved however Chuck get's jealous when on there latest mission Sarah has to seduce a 'Fulcrum' Agent Cole Baker, when Cole is discovered as a M.I.5 or M.I.6 agent Sarah starts to fall for him making Chuck more jealous.

Back at the Buy More Jeff and Lester start recruiting for the 'Buy More Babe' and get themselves into some hot trouble by their interview technique's and Morgan is still shocked at Big Mike continuation of his mother that he has to stay at Chucks for a while, however this go's bad when Ellie and Devon discover he sleeps naked.

Another great episode, loved the Jeff and Lester double team as much as I love Morgan and Chuck when they are together, also Casey is getting really funny as the series progress's.
  • Chuck tries to move on and get out of the Chuck and Sarah limbo, but ends up realizing how much she means to him.

My favorite thing about Chuck is that EVERY week it's solid. This was just another contributing episode towards that cause, Chuck is in love with Sarah but he's still afraid to admit that he wants that with her RIGHT NOW, this is slowly pushing him away. It's heartbreaking to watch knowing that, and at times I really just wanted him to drop everything and run over and kiss her. The Morgan sub-plot was not the greatest ever but Josh still makes me laugh every time I see him on screen. This episode also added an interest for Sarah who is pretty much the oppisite of Chuck which is great for the show. (In the last season and a half we've had a few girls hit on Chuck, but none on Sarah.)
  • Chuck gets some real competition.

No way you can beat a M1 6 agent Chuck ... in no possible way. This episode was kind of a wake up call for Chuck , he realizes his relatioship with Sarah is far from happening , which is good because it gives the show some kind of evolving so it doesn't stuck in the same storyline all the time. Good action in this episode not much but good. I liked to torture scene , we realize that Chuck is ready to put everything in the line when needed. This episode leads to some kind of continue to next week as the team will try to rescue Cole back from Fulcrum's hands.
  • Chuck gets jealous over MI6 agent...

Chuck and Sarah once again broke up due to Ellie urging him to do so. Beckman assigned them to retrieve intelligence from Cole Barker, a Fulcrum agent. Sarah went to Cole's in order to act as though she was going to sleep with him, but really to steal his belt as the intelligence hidden in his belt, as Cole tied Sarah's hands up with the belt. This sequence ended with Sarah, her hands still bound, standing in her underwear with her foot on Cole's back, while holding a gun to him. Cue Chuck to come and kick the door down. It turned out that Cole was working undercover as MI6. Cole took a real shine to Sarah as Chuck tried to out outshine him every way that he could; he even tried decrypting the chip which saw him get caught by Fulcrum and getting tortured along with Cole and Sarah. The torture scene was funny itself as Chuck couldn't take it when Cole was the one taking the whip-lashing. Elsewhere Morgan temporary stayed over at Chuck's due to his mum banging Big Mike, the guy sleeps au Natural. Lester and Jeff Interviewed swimsuit models for the vacant positions at Buy More.
  • Many hilarious moments; good plot; some fresh direction

This episode was great to see because a) it was really, really funny (many 'laugh out loud' moments) and b) something truly new happens as Sarah actually shows some real interest in another man besides Chuck. Sarah became more human and interesting in my eyes in the moment where I realized that she actually was attracted to the MI6 guy. He was a good guest star playing the suave british spy really well. Chuck's reaction to it all was poignant but hilarious. The cast continues to be fabulous on this show. P.s. I just read on Variety that the finale is going to be a "game changer". hmmmmm
  • Chuck flashes on a belt buckle which leads to funny torturous moments as Sarah slowly starts to succumb to the charms of a new love interest.

First of all this I'll admit is not their best work, but it was a solid and very fun and funny episode.

They kind of do a little flip in the Sarah/Chuck relationship. As they did go back to the same well again with Chuck breaking up with her but this time they flipped it over as Sarah is the one whose eyes start to stray to someone else. Hey I love Chuck and Sarah as a couple but it takes two to tango in a relationship and this is part of the dance of all relationships on any show not named Battle Star Galactica, but hopefully of course the end game will ultimately be Chuck and Sarah.

I really dig the extra urgency there seems to be in every episode now that Chucks intersect literally intersects between Fulcrum and the other agencies too. I'm curious to see how Chuck deals with living with Sarah, while not exactly living with Sarah so to speak.

I thought it was kind of neat how Chuck almost ended up living with Morgan in a sort of wet dream nerd nightmare so to speak and than flipped the other way at the last second.

Morgan awe naturale. Nothing awesome about that one. Uggh! Poor Awesome and Ellie.

And that Chuck torture scene was hilarious!

In conclusion, this was a fun episode with great performances all around, but I do think there was a slight repetitiveness to this episode with past episodes, to give it a higher rating, but it was still fun as always and I can't wait for more.
  • Chuck finally gets caught doing something stupid and almost pays for it. Jeffster are left to their own devices at the Buy More. Finally Morgan reveals himself and makes an important decision that will change his life forever.

I actually laughed a lot during this episode. The laughs came from very funny situations as well as really stupid character moves on the part of certain secondary characters and the main character himself.

Let's talk about Chuck first. Removing his earpiece during the hotel case? The first time he finally does something smart and it could have got Sarah killed. Luckily the Fulcrum agent ends up being James Bond and on their side. Checking out the chip while his own covert agents were meeting in relation with said chip? Another bad move. (I was actually surprised that Casey and Sarah haven't realized by now that if it has to do with computers Chuck is the "one" person who could crack the devices defenses in the US.) Again he almost gets Sarah along with himself and the British agent killed. Finally agreeing to move in with Morgan. Strike Three! Of course it looks like that one will be derailed by the necessity of national security concerns.

Oh, by the way, was I the only one who knew the Mom with the baby on the elevator was a Fulcrum agent before they showed the doll and Casey realized it?

Now on to Jeff and Lester. The casting couch? Really? Jeff naked under the robe doing the legs crossing bit? How do these guys not get arrested? Basically a pretty inane episode for the most part, but I have to say it is exactly why I watch this show. I have to say I laughed and was pulled in for the whole forty or so minutes of the episode.

A few last rhetorical questions. When are they going to realize Chuck is not a real spy and is in love with Sarah so having him spy on her doing her covert spy seductions will not work? Will Morgan ever realize you don't go commando on a friends sisters couch? Will Jeff and Lester really ever get their true comeuppance? Finally will Sarah ever really tell Chuck how she feels and have some pity on the guy?

Stay tuned for those answers and more...

Thanks for reading...
  • hilarious

It's hard to keep track that this episode is after Chuck vs. the Suburbs but Chuck vs. the Best Friend aired next week but it was supposed to air before Chuck vs. the Suburbs, ugh! Maddening. This episode is mostly about romance and oddly, plenty of gags involving sex. Whatever, it's Chuck, which spells hilarious. Chuck is still crushed over Sarah's truth that they'll never be anything more than coverdates. Ellie convinces Chuck that the time is right to "break up" with Sarah. Chuck panders around the subject to Sarah, to Casey's ugly digust, and finally Chuck lets it out. Sarah is more than okay with it, it's just a cover. Chuck's "break-up" as with all things Chuck, couldn't have come at a worst time. After flashing on the "Dark" Intersect (oooh!) on a man's belt and finding the man to be Fulcrum, and earning a gay joke from Casey, Sarah is tasked with retrieving the belt by seducing the agent. Back at Buy More, Morgan is more than disturbed that his mom is sleeping with his boss. He feels it's time to move out but he has no place to go. Chuck offers that Morgan can crash at his place for a few days. Lester and Jeff take over hiring new employees from a distraught Morgan on the horny pretense of hiring models for them. I'm glad they're on more but man, are they morons. On what any sort of level did they think it would work out? Chuck and crew meet up Fulcrum agent and Chuck is 'forced' to listen to Sarah flirt with Agent and take him all the way up to the suite. As Bryce's return proved this season, Chuck's jealousy is very nasty when on a mission. Hope he doesn't blow it. Chuck finds two more Fulcrum and Casey takes charge. Two turns into three with a female pretending to have a baby (really?) and Casey fights his way around. Chuck takes off his microphone and drinks his woes away and belatedly hears Sarah's calls for help when Agent finds her out. Chuck stumbles into the room where Sarah is almost-naked. Funny. The two take Agent but then Fulcrum shoots at them from a helicopter. Sarah shoots back and gets into trouble. During this, Agent reveals that he can help, that he's really MI:6. Okay. Chuck releases him and MI:6 blows the helicopter away. Not to mention winning some respect from Sarah. At home, Morgan proves an adequate houseguest to Ellie and Awesome. He fixes them a nice supper and tells Ellie she made a mistake in telling Chuck to break up with Sarah. Morgan knows they're soulmates. Awww. Ellie feels bad. Then, Morgan blows it by walking around in the nude. Goodbye Morgan. MI:6 returns with Chuck and crew to headquarters to explain that he planted himself with Fulcrum to find out what they're doing and the Belt has something to do with that plan. He'll have to go undercover again to find out what. He feels free to hit on Sarah since he felt Sarah and him shared something in the fake make-out. Sarah rejects his smarmy flirts. Meanwhile, Lester and Jeff's plan obviously backfires but they place the blame on Chuck. Chuck earns a slap from a passing by model and Chuck realizes Lester and Jeff's involvement. He's more than pissed but what can he do? He's got enough to worry about. Chuck asks to be taken along for the current mission but everyone refuses? When will they understand that Chuck doesn't respond well to be treated like a child. Chuck decides to take matters into his own hands by hacking into the belt-chip. However, by hacking into the chip, he stupidly foils the mission since Fulcrum tracked the chip and knew MI:6 was lying. They capture him and Sarah tries to help him, only to get captured. Casey flees to Buy More to rip Chuck. Meanwhile, Fulcrum's tracked Chuck. Chuck discovers that the chip has images of him being blasted by the "Dark" Intersect. If they find the chip, they'll know about Chuck. Chuck flashes on the girl agent, and she is a torture-fiend. Didn't need to know that. Chuck smashes the chip but it does nothing but get Lady Fulcrum pissed. She snags Chuck and hangs Chuck with Sarah and MI:6. Lester and Jeff observe Chuck getting captured but believe they were the cops involved with arresting Chuck for what they did. Casey storms in and hilariously slams Lester and Jeff to the backroom fence to get answers. It's not like they didn't deserve it. Chuck feels being chained to the ceiling is torture but Sarah is quick to point out the torture hasn't even started. He tells MI:6 and Sarah what was on the chip. Lady Fulcrum reveals that the chip of course revealed the identity of the "Dark" Intersect and to find out, she's willing to utilize a few torture device. She whips MI:6, Chuck hates it more than him (funny), but MI:6 refuses to reveal that Chuck is the Intersect. Chuck finally reveals that he's the Intersect but then MI:6 lies that he's the Intersect and there's some hot-potato of Chuck-MI:6 claiming they're the Intersect. MI:6 insults Chuck's dignity by calling him a wimp and Chuck stupidly points out he can take any torture. Lady Fulcrum is more than willing to pull out a foot-long syringe. Chuck faints. Fulcrum splashes him and demands he tell them the truth or else Lady Fulcrum will inject Sarah with lethal poison. Luckily, Casey arrives with a brigade and Fulcrum is defeated. Casey taunts Lady Fulcrum that they'll make her reveal what secrets they have. Lady Fulcrum injects the poison in herself rather than talk, taunting Casey with her last breathe, Fulcrum Lives. Yeah, okay. MI:6 leaves, not before inviting Sarah to go to London with him. Sarah refuses, she has to protect Chuck. Chuck spies on them and hears MI:6 tell Sarah that it's time to look after herself and have someone to love. Poor Chuck. While Sarah hasn't fallen for MI:6, he's earned her respect by suffering torture and saving her life. Chuck didn't look good by fainting. MI:6 at least promises that he won't reveal Chuck. At Buy More, Chuck helps a distraught Morgan by making a crucial decision: they should move in together!!! The speech alone was hilarious. Chuck and Morgan tell Ellie and Awesome the good news but Sarah pulls Chuck aside. Fulcrum captured MI:6 and they're torturing him. Sarah knows it won't be long, no matter how strong he is, until MI:6 spills. Chuck's life is in immediate danger and Sarah's going to have to protect him 24/7 by "making up" with Chuck and moving in together. Okay, but just what about poor Morgan! Another sad, it was so painful to watch Chuck see Sarah fall in love with MI:6 but funny episode (Awesome got the best one-liners and then the week headline of "Everybody talks.") Next week, Fulcrum will come after Chuck and MI:6 will return. Uh-oh.
  • Great episode with excellent balance between the comedy and the drama.

There was some great writing in this episode which managed to balance the comedy (mainly on the subject of sex) and the drama almost perfectly. Awesome was particularly good which was great to see as he hasn't had much to do recently. The Buy More scenes were somewhat weaker, Lester and Jeff interviewing swimsuit models for a job at the Buy More just seemed too far fetched even for Chuck. I really liked the Cole Barker charcter so was disappointed he came to a sticky end quite so soon. Still, it was a hugely enjoyable and entertaining episode of Chuck.