Chuck

Chuck Versus the Best Friend

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Feb 23, 2009 on NBC

• Chuck and Sarah are sent to meet Anna's new boyfriend who is working with the Chinese Triad. Morgan is spying on Anna with said new boyfriend and thinks Chuck is a traitor. Jeff and Lester audition there music group for Ellie and Awesome.

I enjoyed the episode as a whole but must admit it hit me a little as lukewarm. I am going to have to go back and watch it again a few times.

The Chinese Triad mission was a little bland for some reason. I think maybe the fact there were four major/minor plot lines going on was the reason for this. Wondering what I am counting as plot lines? 1) Chuck/Morgan/Anna 2) Jeffster Wedding audition 3) Chinese Triad mission 4) Chuck/Sarah disagreements and trust issues between Chuck and Sarah/Casey.

The Chuck/Morgan piece was a little uneven. It was funny in the beginning with the "spying" on Anna with all the boys from Buy More then it seemed to fall a little flat when Morgan became a real stalker later on. Chuck's reactions were almost too extreme and sometimes he is a little spastic for everything he has been through. You would think he would have a little more trust in Sarah and Casey by now. Morgan's final reaction that he was at fault for the problems was a revelation, but we have had those revelations from him before. It's Morgan being Morgan. I do like the dynamic between Chuck and Morgan a great deal though.

The Jeffster piece was cute and a nice secondary plot. The only problem was there were a few secondary plots in this episode besides the main Chinese Triad piece. I think the episode just had a little too much going on.

The Chinese Triad mission was a little underwhelming as it just was sort of a throw in to support the other action. It gives Chuck a reason to look like he is a traitor to Morgan.

The trust issues is a standard weekly part of the show. It is understandable that he would feel this somewhat, but it may be getting a little old.

I like the piece they threw in at the end about Sarah having someone who cares about her as much as Chuck does for Morgan. That could be a major step in their relationship as actually caring for someones well being mentally and physically is a strong sentiment.

Lastly how many times will Sarah think Chuck is dead before she finally tells him how she feels. No matter who you are or what you do that has to be a shock to the system. You could tell she and Casey were both upset and it wasn't because Chuck is the Intersect in my opinion. He is now their friend, coworker, and companion in their many missions.

Thanks for reading...